How Mail Migration Wizard Works!
A Step by Step guide for Domino Server Mailbox to Exchange Server Mailbox Migration.
- Lotus Notes Client must be installed and configured with Admin mailbox of Domino Server.
- Microsoft Outlook must be installed and should be configured properly for any valid or dummy profile/account.
- If you are using Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or Vista, then please launch the tool as "Run as Administrator".
- You must have full admin permission on Domino mailboxes.
- Admin account of Exchange Server must be impersonated. Apply impersonation in:
- For Exchange (2000-2003) Versions: Exchange Mailboxes should have complete administrative rights.
How to Manage Exchange 2000-2003 Admin Rights
Now you wiill see an Export Options window where you need to choose Exchange radio button and then choose version of Exchange server. In this demonstration we are going to choose Exchange 2007 or above version of Exchange. Leave Maintain Folder Hierarchy Checkbox checked if you want the same folder structure of all items (Emails, Contacts, Calendars) in Exchange Mailbox. And hit OK button to proceed for next. See below image for reference of this step.
Note: If you uncheck Maintain Folder Hierarchy checkbox then after migration all data items will be added into the already available folder like: Domino Server Inbox mails will be added into Inbox folder of Exchange mailbox and in same way other folders will be added.
After entering the mailbox name, the software will authenticate automatically and after successful authentication the Right mark in green color will appear as displayed in below image.
Here you can customize the categories for migration. For Example if you want to migrate only Lotus Domino emails then just check the Mails checkbox only and uncheck all remaining checkboxes. You can also go for application of more customization by clicking on Apply Advance Options Checkbox.
After applying all customization hit Export button. Check below image for reference.
Now you will see a new IBM Notes window. Here just enter the Domino server Admin password and hit OK button to start migration process.
Now you will see the migration process will have started and all progress status will be displayed in Export Report window. After completion of Domino server to Exchange migration the tool will display Migration completed successfully message.