“Cannot Open Files in Google Drive”: Issue Resolved by Using Top 5 Ways
Google Drive is the safe place to store all important files like photos, videos, PDF, Microsoft Office files in the cloud. Apart from this, it also provides features to edit and share the documents, files, spreadsheets, and presentations with other colleagues. It becomes more popular among all end users due to its lots of security features. Despite having its benefits, sometimes users face an issue that they cannot open files in Google Drive or cannot open shared files in Google Drive.
– In order to transfer files from one Google Drive to another Google Drive, simply use this SysTools Google Drive Migrator
. It is a simple and smart solution to move Google Drive data.
In this case, they are looking for a solution to resolve this problem users cannot open excel files from Google Drive . There are many different techniques available to open Google Drive files or migrate Google Drive data to another Account. Read the complete article to find out more on this topic.
Reasons behind the Issue: Cannot Open Shared Files in Google Drive
If you are unable to open files in Google Drive, then a few things could be wrong:
- You are not permitted by the owner of files to view it.
- You are signed in to a different Google Account.
- The correct application is not installed on your device.
How to Open Files in Google Drive?
If you are having trouble to view the documents in Google Drive and you receive an error message “cannot open files in Google Drive”, then you can resolve your problem by using one of these solutions. Let us have a look:
Solution 1: Wait a While and Try opening Your Files later
If you are unable to open files in Google Drive and you receive “temporary error (502)” message. It means that your documents or files are temporarily unavailable. Usually, this issue is temporary, so wait a while and try to open your files again.
Solution 2: Get Permission to Open a File
1. First of all, try to open the Google Drive file.
2. Then, a Request access page will open automatically.
3. In this step, click on the Send icon.
4. Now, the owner of the file will get an email with your request.
5. If they approve your request, then you will get an email.
6. Finally, you became able to access the Google Drive file.
Solution 3: Try a Different Google Account
1. At first, open the app for Google Drive, docs, sheets, or slides on your device.
2. After that, tap on the Menu icon at the top left of the screen.
3. Next, go to your email address and tap the Down arrow.
4. Finally, tap on Add account icon and sign in another account.
Solution 4: Try Basic Troubleshooting Method
1. Check your internet connection. If your connection is weak, then try to connect to another network. Because, a weak connection is a common cause of many connection errors like cannot open files in Google Drive.
2. Next, check the system requirements and supported browsers. Make sure you are using supported versions of the browser and operating system if you are unable to open files in Google Drive.
3. In this step, clear your browser cache and then try to load your Google Drive files again.
4. If you have saved the large data on your Google Drive account, then reduce the size of your file.
5. Turn offline access on and off. For this, go to the Settings >> Offline, uncheck or check the Sync to edit offline box to turn it on or off.
Solution 5: Try More Advanced Troubleshooting
1. Check your virus scanning software. Make sure that this software is not blocking G Suite.
2. Check your firewall and proxy settings are configured or not.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have described the “cannot open files in Google Drive” error message, along with the appropriate solutions. After considering the ongoing necessity of users, we have also discussed the topmost solutions to fix this issue when you are unable to open files in Google Drive. According to the situation, users can opt the relevant solution to open Google Drive files in an absolute way .
Frrequently Asked Questions
Why I cannot open files on Google Drive?
There can be many possible reasons behind this such as:
1. Storage space issue
2. Signed in to wrong account
3. You do not have permission granted from owner of the file.
Can I migrate Google files also from one Drive to another?
Yes, you are allowed to move files created in Google also like Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides to another account.
How do I open a file in Google Drive?
You just need to open your Google Drive. Then, simply double-click on the file that you want to open. And, your desired file will be opened in front of you.
Can I access Google Drive on my mobile phone also?
Yes, you can even install Google Drive app and log in via desired account. After that, you can open and access all data stored in your drive on your phone also.