Solution of comcast email Not working on iphone Problem
When it comes to configuring email on mobile, it is made very simple for the users. Setting up Google, Exchange, AOL and other accounts with Mail in iPhone or iPad. However, if you have a Comcast.net account, then things might not be simple as they are in other cases. If you have configured Comcast on iPhone but comcast email not working on iphone, then here is the guidelines shared for proper configuration
- Open ‘Settings’ application, drop-down, and choose ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’.
- Click on ‘Add-Account’.
- Choose ‘Add Mail Account’.
- Select ‘Other’. Enter the first and last name in the ‘Name’ field text-box. Enter the Comcast email address and then provide its password so that the application can authenticate the email account. On entering all the info, click Next to Continue.
Note:When you enter the name, ensure that it does not have Comcast included as it might cause trouble.
- In most of the cases, the authentication process does not take place successfully. Click on the Next button continuously to save the profile. When this is done, go back to the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ tab. Now, select the Comcast email service that is not working and as a result you will see the following screen.
- In the ‘INCOMING MAIL SERVER’ section, enter the username and the hostname (mail.comcast.net). Click on ‘SMTP’ button.
- Under the ‘OUTGOING MAIL SERVER’, enter the username and the hostname as displayed on screen. Enable the “Use SSL” option and make sure that the Server port number is entered ‘587’.
- Now, go back to Settings page and click on ‘Advanced’ tab. Here in, make sure that ‘Use SSL’ is enabled and authentication type is set to ‘Password’.
If Comcast email on iPhone is not working, then you should re-configure it following the above mentioned procedure. If this does not work, then try configuring with POP instead of IMAP. It hardly makes a difference except for the fact that synchronization won’t take place at both the ends if POP is used.