How to Transfer Emails from Netscape 7.2 to Office365 – Primary and Shared Mailbox
Figure: Export Netscape Mail to Office 365 Mailbox
Question – “I am using Netscape email program and need to export Netscape Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox. Is it possible to transfer emails from Netscape 7.2 to Office 365 Shared & Primary Mailbox separately? What are the methods to Import Mails from Netscape 7.2 to O365 Webmail? What are the main reasons to migrate emails from Netscape to Exchange Online? Please help me with a quick solution.”
Netscape is a traditional email program and is no longer actively supported or developed. This mail client works with Mac, Windows and Linux Operating Systems and allows you to manage multiple AOL, IMAP and POP email accounts. But as this email service is quite old and no longer updated, users are moving towards cloud platforms.
Office 365 is a premium subscription service by Microsoft and allows you to manage your data effectively on the cloud, thereby eliminating dependency on the desktop devices. With Exchange Online, you get faster connectivity, easy collaboration and enhanced email capabilities.
Main Reasons to Migrate Emails from Netscape to Exchange Online
There are numerous reasons for you to migrate emails from Netscape to Exchange Online. Some of them are:
- Removes platform dependency – You can access and manage your emails, calendar, tasks, and contacts from any device or location with this cloud-based platform. This unique feature is not available with desktop-based Netscape email client.
- Office 365 Offers Latest and Updated Services – As Netscape is no longer developed or updated, users are looking for an updated email platform and Office 365 is the most preferred option of the users.
- Improves Efficiency at Workplaces – Outlook Online is preferred by the organizations where employees need to work on multiple machines and operating systems as per the need of the project. It is especially helpful if you need to travel a lot, work on multiple locations or work remotely. Workplaces are calling this one of the main reasons to export Netscape Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox.
- Advanced features and Applications – With this subscription service, you get online mailbox access, smooth collaboration, faster connectivity and systematic arrangements of all the data items. You can even schedule meetings or invitations and store data in different mailbox types like Primary, Shared, Group, Public Folders, etc.
- Facility to Manage Unlimited Data– Traditional email program Netscape is not capable of handling a large number of files. This isn’t an issue with Outlook Online as it allows you to store and manage bulk email data.
Methods to Import Mails from Netscape 7.2 to Office 365 Webmail
Now that you are aware of the reasons to shift from a traditional email program to a cloud platform, let’s find out the methods to import mails from Netscape 7.2 to Office 365 Webmail. There are two ways to perform the email migration – Manual Method and Automated Method. But for both the methods, you first you need to extract the email files from Netscape Mail to your Windows Machine.
Steps to Backup Email Data from Netscape 7.2 Mail Program
- Open Netscape on your machine.
- Click on ‘Edit’ and ‘Mail and Group Account Settings’.
- Select the Local Folders option and you will notice a Local Directory.
- Copy the location from here.
- Paste the location address into the search panel of your Windows machine.
- Select the file and rename it with .mbox extension. Press F2 to perform this function.
Once you get the backup on your system, the next step is to migrate the email data to Office365 Webmail. The manual migration method is tedious and comes with a set of limitations.
Issues with Manual Migration Method
- You need to have a strong technical background to perform this conversion.
- Requires dedicated time and resource.
- There are fewer chances of obtaining 100% accurate and precise result.
- One misstep and the entire process has to be repeated.
- You might even end up losing your valuable data.
Using a Converter to Perform Netscape to Office 365 Migration Faster
Manual Migration is time-consuming and is difficult to perform. Therefore, it is better to choose a tool to complete the migration in a few minutes. MBOX File to Office 365 Migration Tool by SysTools is an easy to use software that can migrate the entire data with 100% accuracy and precision. You don’t even need to be technically sound to perform this migration. There are two ways to migrate the data using this third party tool.
Steps to Convert Emails from Netscape Mail to MS 365 Primary Mailbox
1. Launch the tool on your system.
2. Pick ‘Add File(s)’ or ‘Add Folder’ and proceed.
3. Select the desired folder/file and hit the ‘Open’ button.
4. You can find the selected file/ folder on the screen of the tool. Hit the ‘Next’ button.
5. Office 365 is selected automatically. Click on the ‘OK’ button.
6. The screen shows two options – Impersonation and Without Impersonation.
7. Impersonation – The account of admin must be impersonated for this method. Add the Office 365 Admin credentials.
8. After the admin Id and Password are added, enter the Office 365 Id where the output is to be reflected.
9. Without Impersonation – Enter the Id & Password of the Id where the output is to be migrated.
10. Authenticate the Id. Choose ‘Apply Filter(s) if you want to migrate selective data based on date range/ date. Start the ‘Export‘ process.
11. The screen will show the progress of conversion with a live Progress bar.
12. The output can be downloded in the CSV format if required.
13. Log in to Office 365 account with the Id where you want to see the output. The result will be visible in the Primary Mailbox.
Procedure to Move Emails from Netscape 7.2 to O365 Shared Mailbox
- Launch the tool on Windows system.
2. Select “File” or “Folder” as per your need.
3. Browse the file/ folder from the machine and proceed.
4. Select ‘With Impersonation” and add Office 365 admin credentials in the top section.
5. In the next row, Add the “Shared Mailbox ID” and authenticate.
6. Choose ‘Apply Filter(s)‘ if you want the data to be filtered by date/ date range. Click on ‘Export’ and migration is started.
7. Download the output in CSV format as per your requirement.
8. Log in to Office 365 with the ID that is added as a member of Shared Mailbox.
9. Check the output in the Shared Mailbox.
- Shared Mailbox should be created in Office 365 and the required members should be assigned to it.
- Ensure that you log in on 365 with the Id that is added as a member of Shared Mailbox. Without this, the output will not be visible.
Benefits Offered by Migration Tool
- Direct Transfer of files to Office 365 Mailbox
- Date Filers to migrate selective data
- Maintenance of Hierarchical Structure
- Supports all Windows 10 and below versions
- Facilitates bulk data transfer
- Allows to Import multiple Files or Folders
- Gives result in CSV Format
To Sum It Up
Advancement in technology and the need to access multiple devices to manage data is forcing the users to shift from desktop-based email clients to cloud-based platforms. It is quite safe to export Netscape Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox and the integrity of your data will not be compromised. We have explained the quick method to transfer emails from Netscape 7.2 to Office365 Primary & Shared Mailbox. You can try the demo version and check out the unique features offered by the tool.