“If you are finding a solution to import CSV contacts to iPhone or iCloud, then you are landed at the correct place. This blog will provide you one of the best solutions to convert CSV files to iPhone contacts as well as iCloud/iPad quickly. For this, readers must go through the entire article attentively.”
On a primary level, CSV or comma-separated values file format saved the data in a table structured format. One of the most common data items is Contacts. In the digital world, a contact does not mean to save a phone number. But, it has a wide scope, users can save name, email address, image, or many other things under Contacts. Contact file can be saved in two formats i.e. CSV or vCard. The CSV format is very common and can be opened in most of the applications. Although, .csv format cannot be supported by iPhone, iPad/iCloud. So, in this article, we are focused on, how to import CSV contacts to iPhone 8,7,6S, 5C or iPad & iCloud with the help of a most reliable and secure method.
How to import contacts from CSV to iPhone or iPad/iCloud
3 simple steps to transfer the contacts from CSV to iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 5C or iPad 2, Air & iCloud without iTunes:
Step 1. Import CSV File to VCF Format
Step 2. Transfer vCard to iCloud
Step 3.Synchronize iCloud with iPhone
Readers must go through each and every step carefully.
Step #1: Convert CSV File to iPhone Supported Format
Users can take the help of SysTools CSV to vCard for Mac software to Import CSV to iPhone Supported Format. Moreover, a self-explanatory user interface of software makes the entire process facile. To perform the conversion, perform the below steps:
1. Initially, download and install the tool on the Mac Operating system. 2. Once the tool is successfully installed, click on the Add File(s) button that is present on the top right corner.
3. Now, pick the desired CSV files that will be exported. Then, click on Open button.
4. . Check ‘Create Single vCard Per File‘ option if you want separate VCF for every added CSV and choose vCard version 4.0. Select Mac vCard an browse a destination location for the resultant vCard or VCF files.
Now, perform perform mapping operation. For this, select a CSV contacts field with and map it with suitable vCard attribute. Then, click on Add. Repeat this step to map all CSV fields with vCard and you can click on Map All button to map entire contact fields automatically at once.
5. If you want to eliminate any field that was selected earlier, then click on Remove button. Moreover, if you want to add any new field, then select it and click on Add.
6. Once you have done with the mapping procedure, click on Export and conversion process will begin.
7. At last, the software displays a message “Export process is completed successfully”.
Pro Tip – If you want to convert CSV to any other file format then, you can use SysTools Mac CSV Conveter Tool. With this, you can convert CSV to 6 different file formats.
Step #2: Transfer Converted CSV file to iCloud
Migrating vCard files that are obtained from the above step to iPad, follow the below-listed instructions carefully:
1. Open your iCloud account by providing the proper credentials.
2. The welcome window of iCloud shows various options, select the Contacts option.
3. Once you have selected the Contacts, a new screen will open.
4. Now, click on the gear button and pick the option Import vCard.
5. After that, a new dialog box will pop-out on the screen. It will consist all the vCard present in the system.
6. Here, select the vCard file that you want to import in iCloud.
To import CSV contacts to iPhone 5c, 8,7, users need to follow this method and learn how to sync contacts from CSV to iPhone which you have recently purchased:
1. Open your iPhone screen and go to Settings.
2. Then, open your Apple ID.
3. After that, pick the iCloud option.
4. All the applications are listed here that come under iCloud. Now, Enable the Contacts option to Import CSV to iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 5C or iPad 2, Air & iCloud
5. By doing this, the contacts exported in Step 2 in iCloud Contacts will be synced with the contact list of iPhone.
Now, users can use the CSV contacts files in their iPhone or iPad.
The Final Words
To Import CSV to iPhone 8, 7,6S, 5C, or iPad & iCloud is a very tiresome business. Moreover, it will definitely give a headache to a non-technical person or novice users. So, after considering it, in this blog, we have suggested the most suitable and relevant approach that import CSV file to iPhone address book proficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the maximum iCloud contact limit?
A. As per a simple Google search, the contact limit is defined by your host. In case if all your contact are stored in your iPhone then, you’re not limited.
Q. How can I view my iCloud contacts?
A. Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your iCloud credentials. After login, click on the “Contacts” icon and view your contacts.
Q. Where do I find my iCloud account?
A. Go to Apple menu >> System Preferences >> Internet Accounts. Here, look for the accounts with iCloud.
Q. Can I import CSV contacts into iCloud?
A. Yes. You can use your Gmail account, Run Command or a SysTools CSV Converter to import CSV contacts into iCloud.
About The Author
A versatile writer with the vast knowledge of technology helps to reduce the gap between a user and technology. Provides easy and reliable ways to resolve multiple technical issues, which users encounter in their day-to-day life.