How to Export Excel Contacts to iPhone / iPad?
Want to export Excel contacts to iPhone or iPad? No problem, this step-by-step guide will help you to transfer Excel to iPhone 4S, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X contacts in two simple steps.
Query – “I have an Excel file with thousands of contacts and I want to import Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts. What is the best possible way to import contacts from Excel to iPhone contacts?”
Export Excel Contacts to iPhone in Less Than 2 Minutes
The complete process to transfer Excel to iPhone contacts is categorized into two major steps:
Step 1. Convert Excel File to vCard
Step 2. Import vCard to your iPhone
Let’s start transfer Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts process. Follow the below steps properly to perform this task without data loss.
Pro Tip – If you are a Mac OS X user and want to convert Excel to vCard on a Mac computer, then download the safest solution to convert CSV file to vCard Mac.
Step 1. Convert Unlimited Excel Contacts to vCard
In this step, we will convert Excel spreadsheet to vCard (VCF) format because the iPhone does not provide an option to import contacts from Excel to iPhone contacts directly. For this:
- Download SysTools Excel to vCard Files Converter iPhone and install it on your Windows system
Download Now Purchase Now
- Launch it and click on the Browse button to add an Excel contact file to the software
- Navigate to Excel file (CSV, XLS, XLSX, TXT, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX) location, select the file and click Open to export Excel contacts to iPhone
- After loading, the software will preview Excel contacts along with all the fields. Click Next
- Select Excel Fields and map them with vCard Fields. After mapping, click Next
- Check the ‘Allow Empty Email Addresses to be Imported’ option if your Excel file comprise empty email addresses and select vCard v4.0
Alert – Don’t choose vCard v2.1 or v3.0 because your iPhone will not allow you to import Excel spreadsheet into iPhone contacts later.
- Select destination location for the resultant vCard and click on Convert to export Excel contacts to iPhone
- Excel contacts will be converted into vCard right after this and saved in the selected location
Step 2. Import Contacts From Excel to iPhone
In this step, we will import the output vCard into iPhone.
- Open www.iCloud.com on your browser and enter your iCloud credentials to log in. Hit the Next arrow
- Select the Contacts icon from the iCloud option list to transfer Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts
- To export Excel contacts to iPhone click on the Settings icon from the bottom-left corner of the screen and choose the Import vCard option
Tip: If you’ll try to import vCard v2.0 or 3.0 then, you’ll get the following error:
- Select the vCard file from the saved location and all the vCard contacts will get sync automatically with iCloud contacts
- Now, open your iPhone and configure the same iCloud account in iPhone (if not) and check iPhone contacts. Convert Excel to iPhone contacts is finished and you will find all the Excel contacts are there in your iCloud contact list
And, you are done!
So, this is how you can export Excel contacts to iPhone effortlessly without any loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to import contacts from Excel to iPhone?
A. To transfer Excel contacts to iPhone, first, convert Excel file to vCard using SysTools Excel to vCard File Converter and then, import the vCard to your iPhone.
Q. Can I import CSV file into iPhone contacts?
A. Yes, but first you have to convert CSV file to vCard and then you can import resultant file to your iPhone contacts.
Q. How to upload contacts from Excel to iPhone?
A. You cannot directly import Excel file to iPhone contacts so, first you have to export Excel to vCard and then, upload the vCard to iPhone.
Q. How do I import contacts from Excel to Apple contacts?
A. Convert Excel file to vCard, upload vCard to iCloud, and add the same iCloud account on your Apple iPhone. Check Excel contacts from Apple Contacts easily.
Q. How do I export contacts from CSV to iPhone?
A. You cannot directly import CSV contact file to iPhone so first convert CSV to iPhone supported vCard format using SysTools CSV to vCard Online Converter Mac. After this, the resultant vCard can be imported to your iPhone contact list.