How to Export IMAP to PST File Format? Complete Guide
Summary: Here we are going to discuss the process to export IMAP to PST file format with all emails through a free as well as a professional solution.
Many IMAP email services are available to help users send and receive e-mails such as Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Exchange Server, Kerio Connects, etc. These servers allow users to access email messages anytime and anywhere as long as there is a stable Internet connection.
Sometimes, users may wish to export their emails from the IMAP Server to access them locally. In such cases, there arises the need to export IMAP emails to PST files.
User Query on How to Backup IMAP to PST
“My boss gave me the task of exporting IMAP emails to PST format with the instruction that no data should be lost in the process. Please suggest some foolproof solution to convert IMAP mailbox to PST files.”
When Microsoft Outlook is linked using IMAP configuration, the default data file extension is .ost. Moreover, in the case of POP Setup, the standard data file is PST (Personal Storage File). The data storage file in each of the two scenarios is different. So, let’s start the process of exporting IMAP folders to PST.
Note: The IMAP OST to PST Converter is the best choice for Outlook users as it will allow them to carry out the complete migration on any version of the Windows OS.
How to Manually Export IMAP to PST Format?
- Configure the IMAP account in the email client
- Convert and export your IMAP account emails to PST file format
As you see, the manual method involves two steps. Further, in the following segments, we will explain both steps in detail to you. First, we will explain the configuration of the IMAP Email Account in Outlook. Then we will save the emails from the configured IMAP account in the PST format.
Configure IMAP Account in the Email Client
Follow these steps to set up an IMAP account:
- Download and open MS Outlook on your system.
- Configure your email account in Outlook, enter your credentials, and click on the Continue button.
Note: Make sure that IMAP is selected before configuring the IMAP account.
Once you are done with the configuration steps, follow the steps provided in the next segment to complete the process.
Export IMAP to PST Format
- After synchronizing your email client, go to the File menu option and select the Import/Export option.
- Finally, export IMAP folders to PST file format as a saving format.
And that is how you manually backup and export your IMAP emails efficiently. This method is free of cost, however, is ridden with a plethora of limitations. We have shared some of the hindrances that users face when they opt for this method in the following segment.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
- There are chances of configuration errors during the IMAP account setup.
- Technical know-how is required to configure the IMAP account.
- This method does not delete your data completely from the server, resulting in the risk of data hacking.
- Manual setup does not provide the option of configuring multiple accounts at once. You need to configure each account individually, which takes a lot of time and effort.
These are the top drawbacks associated with the manual approach. If you do not want to burden yourself with the limitations that come with this method, jump ahead to the expert-recommended automated approach shared in the next segment.
Expert Trusted Approach to Backup IMAP to PST
SysTools IMAP Backup Wizard is developed by keeping novice users in mind. This tool has all the necessary features for a smooth and fast conversion from IMAP folders to PST on Mac. This software assures that there will be no data loss during the whole backup process. Using this tool, users can easily download and export IMAP emails from different servers.
Using this tool users can download and export emails from a different IMAP Server. In the below section, we have included the steps to export IMAP emails to PST format and the best features.
Steps to Export IMAP to PST Format Using the Expert Tool
In this section of the blog, we will see the detailed working of the solution to backup IMAP to PST on the Mac operating system.
- Download the tool, choose the host domain, and provide the credentials.
- Choose PST as the export type from the various available options.
- After this, click the Advance Settings button to apply filters.
Incremental Backup: This option gets activated only if you have already exported your IMAP account data. Enabling this feature allows you to take the backup of only the newly-arrived emails in your IMAP mailbox; thus, eliminating any chances of data duplication.
- Click the Change button to browse the desired location to save the resultant files after you export IMAP to PST format.
- After following all the steps, click the Start Backup button.
The message indicating the successful export of IMAP to PST is displayed on your screen.
Best Features of IMAP to PST Tool
- Batch Conversion: This impeccable software provides Export IMAP Folders to PST format in the batch mode. By doing this, users can save IMAP to PST in a single go.
- No Data Size Restrictions: Using this tool, users can perform MAC IMAP Backup to various file formats without any file size restrictions. Users can bulk export IMAP emails to PST in a trouble-free manner.
- Selective Backup: Users can enable this option to save only selective emails from IMAP accounts to PST or other file formats.
- Compatible with All Versions: This tool works fine to Export IMAP emails to PST Mac and it supports all the latest and prior versions of MS Outlook and Mac OS.
Frequently Asked Queries
Q1: How do I export my IMAP account emails to PST efficiently?
A1: Steps to perform smooth IMAP to PST migration:
- Download the expert-suggested utility on your system.
- Choose the host domain and provide your credentials.
- Choose the PST format as the export option from the list.
- Apply preferred advanced settings and set the desired location to save resultant files.
- Finally, click on the “Start Backup” button to initiate the process.
Q2: I use MS Outlook 2022; Will the resultant PST file created by this software be compatible with my email client?
A2: Absolutely. This expert-favorite utility is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook, thus, you don’t need to worry about version compatibility when using the above-recommended automated solution.
Q3: Is it possible to batch-convert IMAP to PST using the software?
A3: Yes, it is. You can easily convert and backup IMAP emails to PST using the above-recommended automated software. The tool fully supports batch conversion of IMAP emails to PST file format, and that too, in a smooth and secure manner.
The Bottom Line
In this blog, we have provided you with the best solution to export IMAP to PST. The manual solution is best to save IMAP emails to PST for free but it involves the risk of data loss and corruption. So, it would be best to choose a reliable method to export IMAP emails using our tool. Moreover, a free demo version can be downloaded without investing a single penny to check the functionality of the utility.