If Horde Email Export Option is Not Working Then Try Alternative Solution to Export Your Emails from Horde Webmail
I am getting an error message while trying to export emails from Horde Webmail. I am able to access my horde webmail using cPanel. It also enables me to view and select all email messages, but when I try to export my Horde email folders, it shows error message. Means the horde email export option is not working for me. Is there any other solution to export emails from horde webmail without cPanel login. Please suggest me a working solution.”
The above mentioned query is commonly faced by multiple users. The horde email export not working issue, mainly occurs while downloading large size emails. The issue can also results in horde export timeout error. To avoid these error, here I am going to explain you an alternate solution to export data from horde email without using cPanel or horde interface. So, you will find solution for all your queries like horde webmail hangs while exporting emails, horde webmail fails to download large size mailbox etc.
Why Horde Emails Export Not Working Error Occurs?
If we talk about the reason behind the emails export feature not working in horde webmail. Then the basic reason is horde mailbox size. If you are trying to download large size horde mailbox then this error may arise. You can also verify this, simply try to download only few email from horde. In this situation it will not show you horde email export not working or horde export timeout error. It can also depends on internet speed. So, we can say that the horde export option is not working and it results in error due to large mailbox size or slow internet speed. Also, internal cPanel and PHP size limit configuration is responsible for this error. Check out the below mentioned error message. The error message is taken from cPanel forum.
Steps to Export Emails from Horde Webmail Without cPanel
Here in this step you will find the complete guide to download horde emails easily. It is an alternate solution to export emails from horde webmail, when it hangs or fails to download large size mailbox. For this follow the steps listed below:
- Download Webmail Emails (Horde) Without Using cPanel.
- Export Horde Emails Without Using cPanel or Horde Interface.
Step 1: – Download Horde Webmail Emails Without Using cPanel
Here in this step, you will find the complete guide to download horde emails easily. It is the alternate solution to export emails from horde webmail when it hangs or fails to download large size mailbox. For this follow the steps listed below:
Now you need to use your web hosting account details like cPanel login details or FTP login details (please check these with your webmaster or hosting service provider). Now you need to take help of a free FTP client software like FileZilla or FlashFXP. Download and install the FTP client software on your system and configure FTP login details (You can also use your cPanel login details for FTP). Once you are done with these steps follow below steps:
- Open FTP and connect the website on which the Webmail hosted email ID is configured. Here you have to provide the user-name and password to connect the website with FTP (FlashFXP).
- Here you will see the root folders, simply open the mail folder.
- After opening the mail folder, find your hosted email id (user_name@domain_name). Means here you will find all user email id’s with hosted domain. Simply open the required mail id and find cur, new and temp folder. All emails will be in cur folder. But it is recommended to check new and temp folder as well. Download all three folder on your local machine.
- Go to the location where you have saved the downloaded folders. You will find all emails in the cur folder as shown below. The email messages are saved in files having no file extension. So, if you want to export it into Outlook, Thunderbird or any other email application then you have to export these emails into respective file type. For this move to step 2.
Steps 2: – Export Emails From Horde Webmail to Multiple File Types Easily
In step 1 you have easily downloaded the complete emails from webmail without using cPanel. So, horde hangs, fails, unable to download large files and other email download limitations are removed now. Let’s move to the solution to export the downloaded files into required files format. Follow the below mentioned steps and easily export email from horde webmail to PST, MBOX, PDF, EML, MSG, and HTML.
- Download and Install SysTools Maildir Converter on your Windows computer system.
- Explore the folder where you have saved the step 1 downloaded emails. The software will provide you preview of entire emails. You can view message header, MIME, HEX, Properties, Attachments etc.
- Here you can export either selected emails from the list or export complete horde mailbox. It depends on your requirement. The software provides both solutions. After selecting the email folder click on the Export button.
- Here the software will provide you multiple options like PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, PDF, and HTML. Select a file format and browse the location to save the resultant file. After all this click on the Export button.
- After exporting horde emails successfully, it will show a successful message in the pop-up window. Now move to the location where you saved the file and view exported data. You can import the resultant file into corresponding email client easily.
Note: – Your query horde email export not working while exporting large size mailbox has been resolved. If you have any issue regarding the steps mentioned above, feel free to contact us. Now you can say that the horde webmail hangs or fails to export email, is not a big issue.
You reached at the end point of this write up. It means that you have gone through the steps listed above to resolve the issue horde email export not working while exporting large size mailbox. The two step solution mentioned above. Simply perform the steps fix the issue horde hangs, fails to export large size mailbox.