How to Export Outlook Contacts to Android Phone Step by Step?
Summary: This technical article will discuss the procedure to export Outlook contacts to Android phone. Additionally, throughout the post, you will explore how to locate, sync, and transfer Outlook contacts to new Android mobile using simple techniques. So, let’s start the post.
For smartphone users, contacts play an important role in establishing a communication process. Sometimes, Outlook users need to access their contacts on their Android phones. If a person has all the details of Outlook contacts saved on Android mobile then it becomes easy to communicate any time without using Outlook application.
Now, the question arises how can one export Outlook contacts to Android? No worries, you can easily import or Sync Outlook Contacts to Android with easy techniques. In this blog, we are going to introduce various methods to solve this question with step by step process. Here, are the topics that we will discuss throughout the process.
Free Steps to Sync Outlook Contacts with Android
- Install and configure Outlook for Android on your phone.
- Now, go to Phone Settings >> Applications >> MS Outlook.
- Then click Permissions >> Contacts >> Enable it.
- Enable permissions to sync Outlook contacts with Android.
- At last, go to Outlook for Android >> Settings & Sync Contacts.
In Outlook for Android, accessing your contacts is simple. To find your contacts, open the Outlook app on your Android device, then tap the “Menu” icon, and Scroll down and select the “Contacts” option to view Outlook contacts on your mobile.
How to Export Outlook Contacts to Android Phone?
To export contacts from Outlook to Android manually, you have to follow the 3-step process given below:
- Extract Contacts from Outlook.
- Import the Exported Contacts files to Gmail account.
- Finally, add and sync Outlook Contacts to Android.
Step 1: Export Contacts from Outlook Account
- Run MS Outlook.
- Click the File >> Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Now, select Export a file >> CSV, and click the Next button.
- Afterwards, select the Contacts option, and click on the Next button.
- Browse the location, and click save to save Outlook contacts.
Step 2: Import Outlook Contact File to Google Mail
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Now, click on the grid icon & select the contacts option.
- Afterwards, click on the Import button from the list.
- Now, browse the file & click on Open to access contact files.
Step 3: Sync Outlook Contacts with Android Phone
- Open Gmail on Android phone.
- Now, click on Add New Account >> Enter Account Credentials.
- Click Next & Setup Gmail with Sync Settings.
- All the Gmail data will synchronize to Android phone.
- Now, go to Contacts Folder to access Outlook contacts on mobile.
Expert Way to Export Contacts from Outlook to Android Phone
In order to export Outlook contacts to Android phone without any hassle, you can use the SysTools vCard Exporter Tool. With this utility, the user can easily open, view and batch-extract Microsoft Outlook contacts to the standard format, that you can access on every Android device.
Additionally, the software comes out with a user-friendly interface which allows you to work with the tool in a seamless manner. In fact, you can also transfer Outlook contacts directly to Google CSV, Yahoo CSV, WAB etc. As it provides multiple options for export.
In case, there is a need to export only the selective contacts, this tool is best to use according to the requirements. Additionally, the utility also maintains all the properties associated with the contacts such as personal details, contact details, email addresses etc. So, download the free version of this tool, and follow the procedure to import Outlook contacts to Android.
Steps to Export Contacts from Outlook to Android
- From the initial screen, browse the file or folder from the location, and click on the Add button.
- Preview all the associated attributes of the Outlook contacts on the software screen. Check all the folders to export.
- Now, select the vCard radio button to export Outlook contacts to Android.
- Now, hit the Browse button to save the exported file on the desktop at any location path. Also, check the Maintain folder hierarchy option to prevent any data modification.
- Finally, click the Export button to export Outlook contacts to Android phone. After completion of the export contacts process, tap OK from the notification message.
Now, you have successfully exported Outlook contacts to a standard format, that is supported by Android devices. Follow the steps mentioned below to import Outlook contacts to Android.
Export Outlook Contacts to Android Phone
- Open the Contacts Folders on your mobile.
- Now, click on the Fix & Merge icon.
- Select Import from File >> Device.
- Now, Browse and upload the VCF file.
- Click “Ok” to access Outlook Contacts into Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I Import Outlook Contacts to Android?
To export contacts from Outlook to Android, first use the Outlook Import Export Wizard, and save your contacts to CSV format, and import the same contact file Google Mail, and successfully sync your Outlook Contacts to Android phone.
Q: Can I create a new folder after exporting my contacts using this tool?
Yes, you can simply save the contacts at any desired location and store the file at any destination path. Also, you can create a new folder directly from the software panel.
Most Outlook users need to export Outlook contacts to Android phone. However, they can’t seem to find a simple way to implement this task. Thus, in this article, we have explained the various ways to sync Outlook contacts with Android mobile phone. So, you can opt for a manual or automated approach as per your preference. To import contacts without any problem of data loss, it is recommended to use an automated solution.