Tips to Export Gmail Contacts to Outlook in Updated Version Easily
Are you unable to find contact option in the new version of Gmail? Don’t panic. Here, you will get the solution for exporting Gmail contacts to Outlook account.
Query: I want to download Gmail contacts to Outlook. I have 1000 + contacts in my Google account. Does anyone know how do I export contacts from Gmail to Outlook 2019? Also, what if I want to move only selective Gmail address book to Outlook?
Solution: Don’t bother. You can easily export Gmail contacts to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 in new Gmail updated version step by step. There are 2 solutions available for exporting selective Gmail contacts into Microsoft Outlook. We have explained both in the below section. Now, its up to you, which solution you prefer. Let’s understand one by one.
- Solution 1: Quickly Export Gmail Contacts to Outlook With SysTools Software
- Solution 2: Download Contacts from Gmail to Microsoft Outlook Manually
Solution 1: Export Gmail Contacts to Outlook Quickly by SysTools
If anyone wants to download Gmail contacts to Outlook automatically without following too many steps, then this is the best solution.
Do you know, how?
Simply, download SysTools Gmail Backup Tool from its official page or you can also download from below button.
After downloading, open it and follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Enter Gmail account credentials and Login.
- Step 2: Select “Contacts” and Browse Location.
- Step 3: Click on “Start” button. After a few minutes, Gmail contacts exported successfully.
Note: This application works for both Windows and MAC OS. So, you can also export Gmail contact in Outlook 2011 MAC easily.
Also Read: If you wish to transfer Google Apps contacts to Outlook for multiple users, then use SysTools Google Apps Backup Software.
Solution 2: Download Contacts from Gmail to Outlook Manually
In this solution, you need to follow 2 methods to move Gmail contacts to Outlook successfully. Let’s see the explanation below:
Method 1: Step by Step Procedure for Exporting Gmail Contacts to Outlook CSV
- Step 1: First, log in to Google Gmail Account and enter credentials.
- Step 2: At the top-right corner, click on 9 squared dots (Google Apps).
- Step 3: Find Contacts icon from the apps list and click on it.
- Step 4: A new tab will open, click on “More”.
- Step 5: Hit on “Export” option.
- Step 6: Select “Outlook CSV”.
Tips You Must Know: There are 3 option available “Google CSV, Outlook CSV, vCard (for iOS contacts)”. If you want to move Gmail address book to another Gmail account, then select Google CSV. For Apple and iPhones, select iOS contacts option. Here, we have taken an example of “How to export Gmail contacts to Outlook” that’s why we have selected “Outlook CSV”.
- Step 7: Click on the “Export” button to download Gmail contacts in .csv format.
Note: You can also transfer selective Gmail address book to Outlook. To do so, mark the contacts which you want to move, go to 3 dots and hit on “Export”.
- Step 8: Downloaded .csv file location.
After download .csv file of Google contacts, you are all ready to export Google contacts into Outlook. Let’s see the working steps to import CSV in Outlook in next section.
Method 2: Import Gmail Address Book (CSV) to Microsoft Outlook
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook. Click on “File” >> Go to Open & Export.
- Step 2: Click on Import/Export option.
- Step 3: Select “Import from another program or file” and Click Next.
- Step 4: Select Comma Separated Value (CSV) option and Next.
- Step 5: Click on “Browse” to import .csv file. Hit Next.
- Step 6: Find and Select Contact Folder.
- Step 7: Click on the “Finish” button.
Related Article: Import Contacts from Excel Sheet to Outlook
In this article, you already read about how to export Gmail contacts to Outlook manually and automatically using SysTools Gmail Contacts Backup Tool stepwise.
According to us, the user should go with an automated solution. Because it is quite easy. No technical information is required. No need to follow many steps for exporting contacts from Gmail to Outlook. You need to enter the credentials of your Gmail account only and instantly transfer Google contacts in 3 steps.
If you go with manual procedure, then it might take some time as it is quite a lengthy process. The choice is all yours.