Is Your OST File Not Accessible? Get the Best Solutions Here!
We all are aware of the fact that the offline OST file allows users to work in offline mode and also it gets synchronized with the Exchange server when the internet connectivity is restored. “OST File Not Accessible” issue occurs when Exchange connectivity is disable. Know verified solution to solve unable to access OST file issue.
No doubt, Microsoft Outlook, and Exchange servers work collaboratively to generate innovative and effective email communication. Moreover, a unique profile for every single user is created that can be accessed with the Outlook profile. Also, for each IMAP profile, an OST file is automatically generated, which is placed in the user’s local system that is nothing but the exact copy of the user’s mailbox data on the IMAP/Exchange server.
At times, there comes a point when a user encounters an error message i.e., “OST file not accessible”. Well, there could be various reasons to occur such instance, which ultimately lets the user undergo a cumbersome time! In order to resolve the unable to access OST file issue, one needs to first understand the cause, which has made the OST file to go under such a drastic inaccessible state and thereby taking the necessary actions to access the OST file back.
Important Note: The user can also read this post to know how to repair corrupt OST file Outlook and below versions.
Possible Reasons for OST File Not Accessible Problem
- When there occurs a synchronization issue between the Exchange server and Outlook OST. Then, the OST file goes into an inaccessible state.
- Outlook OST file is prone to get corrupt in several ways such as power failure, improper termination of Outlook profile, and so on.
- The intrusion of a virus or malware attack is another factor that can damage your OST file, thereby leading to the “OST file not accessible” issue.
- Another reason can be due to the existence of bad sectors on the hard drive where the OST file is placed.
- There leads to an interruption in the OST file when a user installs unnecessary add-ons, which can be another factor leading to the OST file inaccessibility problem.
- When the Exchange server fails to recognize the OST file which is an orphan, it can cause the “OST file not accessible” issue.
So folks, it’s time to check out the various native solutions that can help you out to fix the unable to access OST file issue!
Methods to Fix “OST File Not Accessible” Error
Approach-1: Quit All the Outlook Processes
- Firstly, right-click on the taskbar and select the Task Manager option
- Now, go to the Processes tab and search for the programs such as Communicator, Lync, UCMAPI
- Upon finding any of these processes, select one at a time and hit the End Task option
Approach-2: Remove Unnecessary Installed Add-ins
- Launch Outlook and navigate to File>> Options>> Add-ins to fix “OST file not accessible” error
- Under the Outlook Options window, in the Manage header, you need to select COM Add-in and hit the Go button
- After which, you can smoothly remove all the unnecessary add-ins
Approach-3: Turn Off The Compatibility Mode
- In order to implement this method, you need to find the Outlook.exe icon
- After that, right-click on the icon and select the Properties option
- Now, from the Outlook Properties window and choose the Compatibility tab from which you need to uncheck the “Run this program in Compatibility mode” checkbox
Approach-4: Disable Microsoft Outlook Exchange Cached Mode
- Initially, go to Control Panel >> Mail >> Email Accounts >> Email to troubleshoot the “OST file not accessible” issue
- Now, select the proper email address that prompts the warning and click the change button
- Then, uncheck Use Cached Exchange Mode and click Next followed by the Finish button
Does the manual method didn’t help you in solving the unable to access OST file issue? If yes, then do not worry! Keep reading the blog and get your OST file accessible in the easiest way!
An All-Rounder Solution to Troubleshoot All OST Problems
After undergoing the manual method, if you are not satisfied with the aforementioned approaches as it does not guarantee maintaining the data integrity. Then, one of the safest and most trustworthy options that come in is by using the SysTools OST Recovery tool.
This utility incorporates a set of distinct and innovative features that will definitely blow your mind. It can efficiently repair corrupt OST files. It also provides the option to save the OST files into different file formats such as PST, HTML, EML, MSG, and Office 365. Some of the highlighted features of the tool are the ability to decrypt the OST emails by removing the encryption, maintaining the metadata properties, and so on.
Finally, Now the OST File is Accessible!
One can seamlessly follow the aforesaid manual techniques to fix the “ Outlook OST file not accessible” issue. However, if you find that the manual method does not show accurate results to access the data from the Outlook OST file.
Then, it is best to rely on an automated solution, which is a top-notch tool to troubleshoot all OST-related issues. That will quickly help a user to access the OST file in a hassle-free way. You can also try converting your OST file into a healthy format.