Key Features of SysTools OST Recovery Software
OST Recovery Tool Screenshots
Watch Live Video of OST Recovery
OST Recovery Software Specifications
Frequently Asked Question
OST file, also called offline storage table file, is an offline Outlook Data File used by Exchange Server that enables you to work with mail or another data even when server access is not available for Server. OST files are created when Microsoft Exchange Server’s Cached Exchange Mode is enable.
Default Location of OST File:
By default OST file is created by the name Outlook.ost
The software will allow you to add one OST file at a time. Thus, you cannot perform bulk export of OST files. However, you can add OST files one by one & then export all of them simultaneously.
No, you can recover any size of OST files with this software. It does not impose any restriction on the size of OST files.
The software will create a UNICODE file which can be used in all latest version of Outlook including MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 versions.
No, you do not require an Exchange Server environment to recover corrupt OST file. The software can recover orphan OST file also.
To extract data from OST file, it is not necessay to have Outlook installed on your machine and if it is installed then it should also be configured with any valid or dummy profile/account. Learn how to install and configure Outlook in machine.
Yes, software will easily recover corrupted/damaged OST files & will save OST file items into EML / MSG / file formats.
The need of exporting Offline Outlook Data Files may come across in the following conditions:
- Change In Environment: In case, change in environment is required. OST file data can be recover & saved in EML or MSG format due to the common availability of Microsoft Outlook & other email client in most of the office and home based environments.
- Data Independence: OST file is created when Exchange Cached Mode is activated. Thus, it has a dependence over Microsoft Exchange Server. To break this dependency, you can export Offline Storage Table File (Outlook OST) to Personal Storage Table file.
- Overcoming Sync Issues: "Error 8004011D-526-80040115-0" is very commonly faced error, especially by Outlook 2007 users. The error is generated when, the OST file you are trying to synchronize with a mailbox on Exchange, is found to be corrupt. Repairing OST file file frees you from such obligations which results in saving your time as well as efforts.
SysTools OST Recovery software also provides conversion of data from OST files to EML format. Thus, the output files (MSG or EML) can be used on respective email clients like; MS Outlook (standalone), Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, etc.
Does the software make any changes to the data after recovery?
I wanted to perform the recovery of OST file and access it in outlook. Just wanted to know whether the software makes any changes in the data after recovery of OST file or not?
No, the software does not make any changes to the data or the metadata of OST file emails while recovering it. Contents of your OST file will be kept absolutely safe throughout its recovery process by the software.
Why am I repeatedly getting the error 'Exchange OST is in use and cannot be accessed'?
Before using the software for Exchange OST recovery, I closed down Outlook. Then, why does the software keep on telling me that the OST file cannot be accessed as it is in use?
If you are getting the error "Exchange OST is in use and can't be accessed" even after closing all possible applications that may use the file, then probably it must be occurring because one or more of the closed applications is running in the background due to improper closure. Kindly follow the given steps to close them:
- Right click on the Taskbar and select 'Start Task Manager' or simultaneously press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and select 'Start Task Manager'.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Click on outlook.exe and click on End Process.
This will help you get rid of the problem successfully without the need of restarting either the application or the computer.
Which versions of the Outlook client does the software support?
I am working with the Exchange and Outlook 2013 (64 bit). I wanted to know how to access corrupted file in Outlook 2013? And what all versions of the mail client and mail server are supported by the tool?
SysTools OST Recovery is supportive towards all available versions of the Outlook as well as Exchange Server.
Outlook: 2000, 2003 to 2010, & 2013 (32/64 bit), 2016 (32/64 bit)
Exchange: 5.5, 2003, 2000, 2010, 2007, & 2013 (32 & 64-bit)