How to Import Google Calendar to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013?
Query: I want to know how I import Google calendar to Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013 step by step. Please suggest me the best solution for exporting Google calendar to Outlook quickly.
Solution: There are 2 solution available to export Gmail calendar to Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and below versions. Let’s see read the solution one by one and find which is better.
Also Read: How to Sync Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar?
Solution 1: Fast Method to Export Calendar from Google to Outlook
This is the best solution for importing Google Gmail calendar into Outlook quickly in few minutes. This application allows users to export multiple Gmail calendars (.ics) files into Microsoft Outlook account quickly.
Do you want to see, how?
Okay, let’s begin the exporting procedure of Google Calendar to Outlook.
First, Download Backup Solution for Gmail and perform the steps listed below:
Now follow the below 4 steps and download Gmail calendars in Outlook file format.
- Step-1: Enter Credentials of your Gmail account to backup Google calendar automatically.
- Step-2: Mark Calendar and select PST (Microsoft Outlook) option under e-mail format.
- Step-3: Browse the destination location. Click on the Start button.
- Step-4: Google Calendar will be exported to Outlook file format successfully.
Solution 2: Import Gmail Calendar to MS Outlook Manually (Only in 2 Steps)
In this method, the user has to follow 2 steps to sync Google calendar to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010. Let’s see the steps one by one:
Step 1: Download Google Calendar in .ics Format Using Export Option
- Open any browser and log in to Gmail account
- Go to the top-right corner and click on 9 dots (named as Google Apps)
- From the Apps list, search and click on the Calendar icon or direct open this link https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r?tab=mc
- At left-pane, go to My Calendar section and select items
- After that, on top-right corner move your cursor to Setting Menu
- Click on Settings option from the list
- Click on Import & Export option
- Now, select the Export option (from left-pane) and click on the Export button (at right-bottom).
- Downloading process of Google Calendar in the .ics file format will start immediately.
- Go to the exported location and get downloaded Gmail calendar file.
The Default Location is C:\Users\admin\Downloads. It may vary. So be calm.
Step 2: Import Exported Google Calendar File to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click on File tab. Go Open & Export
- Click on Open Calendar and add downloaded Gmail Calendar .ics file.
Note: Using this open, Gmail calendar file (.ics) will be open directly under “Other Calendar” as a new calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
You can also import that .ics file into existing Outlook Calendar. To do so:
- Click on Import/Export
- Select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs) file option
- Add the .ics file from the downloaded location
- A pop-up will open, and will ask for “Do you want to open this calendar as a new calendar or import its items into your calendar”. You can choose, whatever you want
- We have selected Open as New option so that after adding Gmail calendar, the user can easily differentiate between Outlook Calendar and Gmail Calendar
- Finally, Gmail calendar has been exported into Microsoft Outlook.
Note: The above steps are for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010. In Outlook 2007 and below versions, there will be a slight change at the beginning. But, the rest procedure will be the same.
After reading the above article, now you have learned how to import Google calendar into Outlook manually only in 2 steps. Also, we have explained how suggested product helps the user in exporting multiple Gmail calendar (.ics) files to Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013 quickly.
As per my experience, I would like to suggest all users that should follow the automated solution. Because, while I was performing the above manual steps, they took time. Also, the manual procedure does not allow to importing of multiple Gmail calendar .ics files into Outlook. We have to import them again and again.
If anybody has only 1 Google Calendar (.ics) file, then they can go with a manual solution. Otherwise, the suggested backup software solution is best and perfect. The choice is all yours.