How to Open OST File Without Outlook? Here Is The Trick!
According to Microsoft doc, there is no direct option to relink or open orphaned OST file. Once OST file get disconnected then Outlook will not recognize it. Don’t worry, here in this post, we will explain some tips and tricks to open OST file and read email data. Let us deep dive!
“A few days back my team leader shared an OST file with me I need to read OST file emails. I don’t have MS Outlook installed on my system. I have to check some details present in that OST file on an urgent basis. Is there any instant and smart way to open OST file without Outlook?”
Want to read OST file without Outlook? Need to read content from an orphan OST file? Do not panic, you will get a reliable and versatile solution to open the content of the OST file without Outlook and Exchange server.
Exchange users must be aware that the OST file makes it possible for the user to work offline. The changes made with the Exchange mailbox data are synchronized automatically when connection restored.
However, the situation becomes complex, when the user needs to open OST file without Outlook and server environment. Thus, in this blog, we are going to explain a step-by-step process to open OST file on Windows system.
Facing Similar Issue?
- How to Open OST File without Exchange Server?
- How to Read OST File on Windows 10, 11?
- How to Open OST File without Outlook 2019?
- How to Open Orphaned OST File without Outlook 2021?
Some of the frequently occurring issues faced by users while dealing with orphan OST files are listed above. There is only one way to open OST file and read emails without opening and installing Outlook i.e., using an automated utility.
Why One Has to Open OST File Without Outlook?
- The user wants to read data from orphaned OST file.
- One can easily recover inaccessible or missing mail items.
- OST file is replica of Exchange Mailbox and can be used as backup.
- Once the OST file gets orphan, then there is no option to import OST to Outlook
- Required to open an OST file shared by a client/colleague.
Automated Tool to Read OST File Easily
SysTools OST Viewer is the best tool to open OST file without Outlook. It is a safe & secure solution that allows you to freely read OST file emails with associated attributes. It’s an easy-to-use tool with an interactive GUI to read OST files data in 8 different view modes: Normal View, HEX, Properties, MIME, & HTML.
In addition to that, with this application, one can easily open OST files along with attachments. Moreover, the software permits browsing emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. associated with the OST file without any hassle. The software is compatible with all editions of Windows OS.
- Read OST file emails, contacts, calendars, task, attachments, etc.
- Recover deleted emails from OST file items via Advanced Scan Mode.
- Support Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, & 2008 editions.
- 8 Preview modes provided such as Hex, HTML, MIME, RTF, etc.
- Allows to read OST file without Outlook with all Meta properties & attributes.
- No data loss and security issues while working with the tool.
Note: To activate Export, Print and Search features, upgrade to OST Viewer Pro version.
Instructions to Open OST File without Outlook
Below listed steps are verified and safe to perform on any size OST file. The software does not allow any changes in the OST file. Easy to use and explanatory GUI (Graphical User Interface), helps users to read OST file without any limitation. Follow the instructions and easily open OST file.
- Purchase, install and launch the software on your Windows system.
- Now, click on the Add File option to insert the OST file into software panel.
- You can also select Quick Scan Mode or Advanced Scan Mode (for highly corrupted OST file) as per your choice and then click on the Add button.
- After that, the tool will load all emails and other attributes of OST file into the software’s interface.
- The user can make use of various preview modes such as Properties View, Message Header View, MIME View,, etc. to open OST file without Outlook in detail.
- The user can also print or export to PDF via the software. You can choose any option as per your need.
Questions? We Have Answers!
Q) How Do I Open OST File without Exchange?
- Download & Run Software.
- Click on Add File & Upload OST File.
- The software will scan & list all the data in view panel.
- Select the required folder to read OST file without Outlook.
Q) Can I Read an OST File?
Steps to Read OST File:
- Open Outlook.
- Click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export window.
- Select Export to a File >> PST File and click Next.
- Select the required folders & browse the location to save data.
Note: This method only works, when you have an Outlook profile. To read the orphan OST file, you can go with the automated solution mentioned above.
Q) What Program can view OST files?
OST files are associated with Microsoft Outlook and contain a copy of your mailbox data from the Exchange server. To open OST files, you have a few options: Microsoft Outlook and OST to PST Converter.
Q) How Do I Read an OST File Offline?
If the OST files get orphaned, then there is a way to read OST file in Offline mode. To access those files you have to use third-party applications to import OST files to Outlook.
When a user has to access an orphan Outlook data file then it becomes a really challenging task for him/her. Thus, in the above-mentioned section, we have introduced a trustworthy and smart approach to open OST file without Outlook. With this utility, the user can open, read, and analyze OST files without any email client dependency.
The software is designed with powerful data protection and security algorithms so there is no chance of data loss and security breaches while working with the tool. How to read OST file without the Microsoft Outlook application? The query is now resolved.