How to Save Lotus Notes Emails to Hard Drive? Best Four Methods
“Hello! I am a Lotus Notes user and the current hacking incidents worry me about the security of my emails. I think that only by having data backup of emails I can safeguard them. But I do not know how to back up Lotus Notes emails. Please share with me any simple method to save Lotus Notes emails to hard drive in order to back up.“
“As I am leading the organization, I want to share my emails with my successor. Therefore, saving Lotus Notes emails to hard drive is the best option for me now. Unfortunately, I have to clue how to do this. I am seeking help in this forum so that someone can tell me how to backup emails from Lotus Notes to Hard Drive. I will be ever grateful. Thanks.“
IBM Lotus Notes has a declining group of subscribers due to the emergence of superior alternatives. However, it does have some loyal users who are still using the service of Lotus Notes emails. These Lotus Notes users often face the need to save their emails to hard drive. To help them save IBM Notes emails to hard disk, this post will share some simple methods. Before we move on to learn the techniques, first go through the reasons why people may need to save IBM emails to their system.
Reasons Why Users Want to Save Lotus Notes Emails to Hard Drive?
Following are some of the major causes of importing Lotus Notes emails to your HDD.
- It is impossible to think about dealing with data without data backup. In order to secure the Notes data by backup, users may wish to save their emails on a hard disk.
- 24/7 access to data is obligatory for most businesses. If the Notes database becomes inaccessible due to some reason, it creates a troublesome situation for the users.
- Since the database size of IBM Notes is limited, regular usage often exceeds the size limit. For these reasons also, people want to backup emails from IBM Notes to HDD.
- As we have mentioned earlier, people are switching to other email clients from Lotus Notes. During the migration, people also need to export their data to the new client. To do that, saving the emails to hard disk is a must.
Techniques to Save Lotus Notes Emails to Hard Drive?
There are multiple ways to perform the process. Here, we will talk about four such easy techniques. But first, let’s see how you can archive Lotus Notes emails to Hard Drive.
#Method 1: Archive Lotus Note Data to Save into Hard Drive
If you are seeking a perfect and free method to download Lotus Notes emails to a hard drive, then archiving is the best and easy, and free solution for you. And here in this section, we are going to show the complete step-by-step process. Just yo have to follow the below steps:
1. Firstly, you have to run Lotus Notes and click on Action Option
2. Choose the Archive option and then choose to Create Criteria.
3. Now, you have to create an archive folder and enter the name of the folder
4. Click on Enable the criteria checkbox
6. Now, choose the Selection Criteria option
7. Select the files that you want to archive then click on the OK
8. From automatic archiving, you can select the Schedule tab
9. Click on Actions and then choose the Archive option
10. After that click on the Archive Now.
11. Now, from the pop-up window select Yes to archive Lotus Notes email to hard drive
#Method 2: Save Lotus Notes Data in PDF Manually
1. Open Lotus Notes email client
2. Drag and drop the email that you need to save to desktop. Do this for all the required emails
3. These emails will be saved as EML file. Now open these files using MS Outlook
4. Click on File >> Save As. Then select HTML as the saving emails type
5. Now open the HTML using MS Word and save it in PDF format
6. Now the Lotus Notes email is saved on your hard drive as PDF. You can easily export it to another system and share it.
#Method 3: Save Lotus Notes to Hard Drive Using Automated Method
The automated procedure is considered the easiest approach to follow when it comes to exporting Lotus Notes Mailbox to Hard Disk. SysTools NSF Converter is the application not only saves emails in your HDD but also retains the original folder hierarchy. Using this tool is as simple as it gets: This software gives you the option to save Lotus Notes data files to EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF.
So the benefit of the automated software is that you can use the converted NSF file on a different email client like Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, and many others.
- Open the software and add NSF file to it along with Lotus Notes password
- Now, Select the Export Format as per your requirement such as PDF
- Use filters to select the desired data items of Lotus Notes. You can also apply date filter
- After that choose the Advance Conversion Options
- Click the Browse button to select the desired location to save Lotus Notes to hard drive
- At last click on the Export button to start the saving process
#Method 4: Save Lotus Notes Data in PST
If you want to save the Lotus Notes data file into PST to use it on Outlook in the future, then you can try the best-automated tool i.e. SysTools Export Notes. This easily saves all your Lotus Notes data into PST without any hassle. These are the steps to use the Software.
1. the First Download, install and run the software on your system
2. Now, add the NSF file by clicking on the Add Files option
3. Select the Export option
4. Choose the date item and date filter if you want
5. Select the Advance Settings as per your requirement
At last, choose the destination location and click on the Export button to start the process
From this post, users came to know how to save Lotus Notes emails to the hard drive. We have mentioned four easy methods here that users can follow and implement by themselves. Among these methods, the first one is the most convenient one. Because the method is shorter than the other methods and does not need any technical knowledge. Lotus Notes experts also suggest using this application to backup/export emails from IBM Notes to HDD.