How to Import CSV Contacts to iCloud / iCloud+ Account?
In today’s digital era, the contact list does not mean a phone number but, it involves the contact name, address and location, company description, fax number, email address, and so on. Besides this, CSV files can be identified by various contact management, thus many users are using this file format to save their contact information.
CSV (Comma Separated Values) is a file format that saves all data in table structured format and can be edited or created in MS Excel. Moreover, the CSV file can store multiple data items and contacts are one of them.
Even though a .csv file is not compatible with iCloud. Therefore, it becomes more complex for users to import CSV file contacts to iCloud. Thus, to resolve this issue here, we are going to discuss some workarounds for the same.
“I usually try to save all my personal contacts into CSV file and I have recently purchased a MacBook. Now, I want to convert my all contacts from a .csv file to iCloud so that I can easily access them from anywhere. Although I do not have technical skills or knowledge about this. So, kindly anyone can suggest to me a suitable method to import CSV contacts to iCloud without any data loss? Thank you!”
Best Solution to Export CSV to iCloud vCard Format
If none of the manual methods described above worked for you, we recommend that you seek the help of reliable software. SysTools CSV to vCard Converter Tool is able to batch migrate all CSV contacts without data loss. It has a simple user interface that even a novice user can use without any outside help. You can download and use this software on your Mac machine and a Windows version is also available.
Import CSV Address Book to iCloud/iCloud+ Manually
There is no direct solution to move contacts from Excel CSV to iCloud. Thus, initially, it requires the conversion to a VCF format file. Go through these manual measures to perform data migration simply. Let us have a look:
Use Google Contacts to Import CSV to iCloud
In this method, you have to follow two steps for transferring CSV contacts to iCloud or iCloud+ accounts. Follow the steps using a valid Google account.
Step 1. Transfer CSV File into vCard (VCF)
- First of all, log in to the Gmail account.
- Then, go to the upper right corner of the screen and select the Google Apps icon. Choose Contacts.
- In the Contacts window, select the Import option.
- Now, the Import Contacts wizard will appear, click Select File button, and after choosing the CSV file contacts hit on Import button.
- Next, all the contacts are being imported successfully.
- Now click the Export button for transferring contacts into iCloud format.
- In the Export Contacts wizard, choose all contacts or selected contacts as per needs. Then select vCard (for iOS Contacts) option as the export file type. Finally, click on Export button.
The contacts .vcf file will start downloading on the desktop.
Step 2. Import vCard Contacts to iCloud / iCloud+
- Log in to iCloud by using Apple account username and password.
- Then, click on the Contacts icon to transfer or import CSV address book to iCloud.
- In the new window screen, navigate to the down-left preview panel, click on the Settings tab, and choose the Import vCard option for importing CSV contacts into iCloud.
- Now, browse the VCF file from your system and click on the Open button to import CSV contacts to the iCloud account.
After that, all contacts will be uploaded to your iCloud and you can easily access them from anywhere at any time.
Use Windows Contacts to Save CSV to iCloud VCF
In this method, you have to use the Windows Contacts option to transfer CSV contacts to an iCloud account. Follow the steps:
- To import CSV address book to iCloud, click Windows + R keys together. Or, simply click on the Start icon and search for the Contacts option.
- From the Contacts window, select the Import option from a navigation bar.
- Now, browse the location of the CSV file and select that file. Click Next button.
- Map the suitable field and click on the Finish button.
- Eventually, select Export as vCard and hit on the Export button.
At last, you can simply import the VCF file to the iCloud account.
Contact plays a vital role to establish communication, sharing information, and scheduling meetings and events in real-time. Thus, in this blog, we have discussed a completely manual procedure to import CSV contacts to iCloud. Else, users can opt for a reliable software solution. This application will help to transfer the address book from Excel to the VCF file without any difficulty.