Error Has Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst Issue – Smart Approach
When any type of Outlook error occurs, it disturbs the user’s workflow. Thus, it becomes important to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible. For Outlook users facing message like: ‘Error has been detected in the File Outlook.pst’ is not less than a major problem. Now, the question arises, how to fix this Microsoft Outlook error code? The user can easily eliminate this error by following the method given below.
Why ‘Error has Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst’ Occurs?
There are multiple reasons due to which the user has to face this error. Some of the major reasons are:
Troubleshoot ‘Error Has Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst’
In this section, we are going to explain two different approaches to fix this error. One is manual approach and other is an automated approach. The user can follow any of the methods explained below as per his/her choice.
- Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool
- Automated Outlook PST File Repair Tool
Method 1: Using the Inbox Repair Tool – Automated Approach
Scanpst.exe or Inbox Repair Tool is offered by Microsoft to fix Outlook PST errors that are detected in the file.
Step 1: Exit Outlook and Start Inbox Repair Tool
First, the user needs to close the Outlook application and then run Inbox Repair Tool to repair corrupt PST data file. To run Inbox Repair Tool, you need to locate the Scanpst.exe file and then double click on it.
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
Step 2: Select Outlook PST File
Now, in the Inbox Repair Tool, you have to browse the location and select the PST file. Now you need to click on the Start button in tool. The tool will begin the fixing of MS Outlook issues that are found in the PST file.
Step 3: Start Repairing Outlook Data Files
After the identification of the error by the tool, you need to click on the Repair button to begin the repair process. If the error is minor then it will be repaired by Scanpst.exe.
Sometimes, the Inbox Repair Tool is not able to repair major issues associated with the PST file. Additionally, if the user is not having technical knowledge then he/she is not able to implement the steps properly. Ultimately, the user has to face data loss issues. Thus, it is advised to switch to method 2.
Method 2: Alternative Automated & Reliable Approach to Fix Outlook Issues
The user can use SysTools Outlook Recovery Tool to repair inaccessible or corrupt Outlook .pst file and restore them in a healthy state. Irrespective to the level of corruption, the utility is capable to scan and fix the error in just a few clicks. Additionally, there are numerous benefits associated with the tool such as recover permanently deleted Outlook emails from PST files, remove email encryption from Outlook messages etc.
Step by Step Process to Fix ‘ Error Has Been Detected in the File Outlook.pst’ Issue
- Install and run the software on your system. Then, click on the Add File button
- In the Add File option, you need to choose Select File option
- After that, click on the Browse (…)button to add the corrupt or inaccessible PST file
- Now, you will see two Scan Mode options that are: Quick Scan and Advance Scan. Select Advance Scan option to begin the repair process
- After the completion of the repair process, you can preview data items in the Outlook personal folder file in the panel
- Now, click on the Export button to save the PST file data
- In the Export option windows, select PST option and browse the location to save new repaired file
- To begin the process, click on the Export button
- After the completion of the process, a complete export report will be generated by the software
- To view the retrieved personal folder file, you need to navigate to the location where you saved your healthy PST file
In Outlook ‘Error has been detected in the File Outlook.pst’ is one of the most common error messages faced by the users. Thus, in the above section, we have explained two different methods using which the user can resolve this error. However, it is recommended to opt for an automated and reliable solution to fix the error without any data loss issues.