How to Perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Project Plan
Lotus Notes is no doubt one of the securest email client used by a high-level organization. Like any other email client, it also lets users send and receive emails. But, the interface of the application is quite complex, which is hard to use by a normal user for daily work. In addition, Lotus Notes is very expensive and cost really high during maintenance. Therefore, users are looking for the solution that let them create Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration project plan.
To migrate Lotus Notes email to Office 365, there are many professional solutions available that can perform the same without any loss of data. However, there are many solutions available in the market but they are not user-friendly. These methods require a user to be technically strong so that they can perform the configuration easily. Moreover, the method is quite long and consumes a lot of time. Therefore, the SysTools Lotus Notes Migration tool is one such application that one can try in a simple and easiest way.
Note: You will be also interested in knowing how to fix Lotus Notes issues while migrating mailboxes to Office 365.
Complete Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Step by Step Plan
The user-friendly interface and comfort offered by Office 365 make users switch to it from Lotus Notes. In addition, Office 365 is less expensive with low maintenance cost. Now, users always first try to perform the task manually without using any professional solution. Here, we will first discuss the Lotus Notes email to Office 365 Migration plan.
Note: Office 365 migration project plan commonly use IMAP Connector
Now, you are advised to follow Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration step by step instructions discussed below:
Step 1: Backup Lotus Notes NSF File
You need to first backup NSF files before the migration process to prevent any risk of data loss if the process fails in between. This will make sure that your original data is completely safe in the case of failure also.
Step 2: Create a New Mailbox for Every NSF User
Simply, you need to create a new mailbox for each NSF user with a Lotus Notes account.
Step 3: Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port
In order to enable IMAP TCP/IP port for each Lotus Notes user, just follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, you need to open Domino Administrator in Lotus Notes
- After that, move to the Configuration tab
- Now, open the server document that runs the IMAP service
Step 4: Synchronize with IMAP Connector
This is the last step of Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration project plan, you need to use IMAP connector.
It will help you in synchronizing the mailboxes between Lotus Notes and Office 365.
Say No to Office 365 Migration Project Plan- Reasons
When you are looking for Lotus Notes email to Office 365 migration plan, experts always recommend you to not go for it. The process comes with so many problems that are listed below: difficulties.
- The above process will not export large size NSF files. It is unable to export NSF file greater than 1 GB.
- Lotus Notes protective firewall sometimes block the connection to the internet.
- The process is really lengthy and takes lots of time.
- If a user is not technically strong, then perform this task will become a great hassle.
Professional Solution to Migrate Lotus Notes Data to O365 Account
As discussed in the aforementioned section, the Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration project plan is not a proper solution. It has several limitations due to which users start looking for some other solutions. Therefore, users can try SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool which is the best alternative over the manual approach.
It is one of the finest applications with all the required features to perform data migration efficiently. The software is designed in a manner that it import NSF file to Office 365 mailbox in a few numbers of clicks without any hassle. It transfers Lotus Notes data items i.e., emails, contacts and calendars to the intended O365 mailbox. Altogether, the software offers a user-friendly interface introduced with top-of-the-line features.
Listed Below are Some Remarkable Features Induced in the Software
- Efficiently migrate IBM Notes NSF mailbox items selectively to the destination Office 365 account
- Requires admin credentials of source i.e., Lotus Notes and destination i.e., Office 365 user mailboxes
- Renders Date-filter option to migrate desired data on the basis of data range
- Multiple Re-run migration options – Retry Failed Items, Re-run Full Migration & Delta Migration
- Users can manually map source and destination user accounts using Fetch Users option
- To automatically map mailboxes between Lotus Notes & Office 365, Import CSV option can be availed
- Provides option to set priority to the mailboxes, which will be migrated first from the large set of mailboxes
- Avail Concurrent migration feature to migrate batch-wise user accounts. One can set of maximum of 40 user accounts in one batch
Migration from desktop-based application to web-based is always a difficult task to perform. Similarly, when users go for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration project plan step by step, they find it complex. Therefore, this above post has discussed an alternative solution also for the same. A user can take help of Lotus Notes email to Office 365 migration software which is suggested above for a hassle-free solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is not feasible with the native workaround to export NSF files which is larger than 1 GB file size.
As the manual method fails to transfer complete NSF data items, hence it is recommended to seek a solution from reliable third-party software like SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migrator.
Yes. The software is designed in a manner wherein can export single or multiple Lotus Notes files to the destination Office 365 user account.