Know in Detail What is Office 365 & its Various Features & Benefits
Office 365 is the web-based email client. O365 is a software provided by Microsoft to all its users. It acts as a service that stores its data in the cloud. The biggest advantage of cloud storage is that in case, the data is lost from the device, the Office 365 backup is always present in the cloud. The Office 365 security helps to safe Office 365 from data loss & all other cyber threats. It equips the user with the latest features which are helpful to migrate the data from one platform to another.
Explore Office 365 Features
The Office 365 provides its user a number of services and products. All the components of the O365 can be configured and managed simply. Some of the distinct features offered by the Office 365 are:
- Users can collaborate online and view the changes made by other people
- Users can chat with their co-workers by integrating Skype in Office 2016 apps. The chat will go on even if the user closes the application
- While sending any email, users can include the link to attachment instead of attaching the file. Outlook will permit the user to access the file automatically
- Office 365 can convert the notes to tasks and forward them to other users with deadlines and reminders.
- The Exchange Online allows its user to turn the mouse of your system into a laser pointer. This can be done by a simple keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+P)
- The Exchange Online enables its user to edit its document, presentation, spreadsheets and convert it into PDF file format. The PDF file can, in turn, be converted to Word Document file
- The reading is resumed at any point of time. There is a feature present in Word which equips users to pick from the same point where they left off. It automatically bookmarks the page the user was reading
Office 365 File Storage Management
The next question which must be going in any users’ mind after knowing what is Office 365 is that where the files are stored. In office 365, though the files are saved in the cloud. But, before moving to the cloud storage space, there are two options to save the file in Office 365:
- OneDrive: OneDrive can replace the My Documents folder when a user is storing a file that is not to be accessed by many people. The files can be shared with the help of OneDrive but, with the limited number of people.
- SharePoint: SharePoint is a replacement for a shared server. The files stored in the SharePoint can be accessed by other people too. The admin of SharePoint can set libraries and permissions depending on the job role assigned to the different user.
There are different types of Office 365 subscription plans. Keeping in view the need of the user and market segment, there are different features offered by Office 365 at different prices. Let us have a look at some of the widely used plans:
- Personal: This account is for home and non- commercial purpose. It offers an additional storage space of 1 TB.
- Home: This is the same as the personal account but, the home premium can be used by five different users on five different devices.
- Business: In this Office 365 account, apps are provided for Mac and personal computers for five users per system. This plan works without online services Exchange, Lync Online and SharePoint
- Enterprise: It is suitable to use in an enterprise environment. It provides access to all the office applications like SharePoint, Skype for business and many more applications.
To create the account in Office 365, a user needs to follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.office.com/
- Click on Sign in
- From the Sign in window, you have to choose Create one!
- Enter the ID of the user and the required password and click on Next
- In the next window, Microsoft has sent a code to your Gmail account. Login to your Gmail account and note that code
- Enter the code in the Microsoft O365 window
- On the next screen, Microsoft would like to check that whether a real person is creating an account or not. Enter the text shown in the box
- Your Office 365 account will be created
The Final Words
Office 365 is the online suite for the applications offered by the Microsoft. It enables the user to avail many services. It the web-based email service provider which stores its data in the cloud. The data stored in the cloud can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. A user only needs to enter the credentials of any particular account. Office 365 is widely used email client these days because of the unique features it is providing to its users. Explore & know what is Office 365 in detail.