How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files Using CMD in Windows 10, 8, 7
Data is extremely important for everyone whether it is stored in a memory card, smartphone, laptop or computer system. Every person has various painful tales related to data loss. There can be multiple reasons due to which the user face data loss situation. It can be due to human mistakes such as unintentional deletion of data or software/hardware problems etc. But the situation becomes awful when the user is not able to find a reliable and simple solution to recover permanently deleted files using Command Prompt in Windows PC.
Thus, through this blog, I am going to share one of my experiences when I was also struggling with the problem of data loss. Fortunately, I found a trustworthy and efficient solution which helped me to recover shift + deleted files without using CMD.
Recently, I was just organizing my data including images, documents, videos, etc. on my Windows computer system. As my system was running out of space so I decided to remove some unwanted files. So, I started deleting files and by mistake, I deleted some of my important files also. The files that I deleted were my client’s files and were important for me. Now, I was stuck and the situation became terrible for me. Then I started browsing the Internet to find a way to recover deleted files from computer. After spending hours on the Internet, I found one solution to recover permanently deleted files using CMD, which I am going to share in the section given below.
Recover Deleted Files Using Command Prompt in Windows 10, 8, 7
After searching a lot over the Internet, I found that one can recover deleted files using Command prompt in Windows installed the system. So, I performed the process to restore deleted data by following the steps given below:
- First of all, press Windows + X key and hit on Command Prompt (Admin) in Windows 10. (For Windows 8, 7 and below version, press Windows + R key and type CMD and hit Enter. After that right-click on opened cmd windows and hit on Command Prompt Admin)
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk ‘drive letter:’ /f and then press the Enter key. For instance, C:\USER\PROGRAM FILE\chkdsk D: /f
- Press Y and wait till the command lines start again
- After that, you have to type drive letter again and then hit Enter
- Type, [drive letter: \ >attrib -h -r -s/s /d *.*]
- This command will recover all the files present in the storage drive (attrib -r -s drive:\<path>\<foldername>)
-r: The read-only attribute
-s: It assigns ‘System’ attribute to the selected files
-h: It assigns the ‘Hidden’ attribute to the chosen files
/S: It indicates to search the specified path including subfolders
/D: It consists of process folders
- After the completion of the process, a new folder will be created on your external drive.
- All the recovered files will be present in that external drive. The recovered files will be present in .chk format. First, you have to change the file format and then save the files at the desired location
Issues I faced to recover permanently deleted files using command prompt in Windows 10. After performing all the steps, I got the deleted files but when I opened those files they were blank. Now, the situation became worse for me. I was so upset that I was not able to figure out what to do for recovering permanently deleted files? Then again I took the help of the Internet and started searching for how to recover shift + deleted files from recycle bin and found reliable software.
Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Windows PC Using Trusted Software
Luckily, after so much of research work, I was able to find one automated solution to restore deleted data from hard drive that was SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software. This tool was just a lifesaver. With this software, I was able to recover permanently deleted files easily. The tool is having user-friendly interface due to which it was very convenient for me to perform the deleted data recovery process in Windows PC. Even if you are not having any technical knowledge, you can easily operate and work with this utility.
Moreover, one can also recover corrupt and lost data from Windows hard drive. People who are also facing data loss issues, for them it is the best solution. The users can easily recover corrupt or permanently deleted (Shift+Delete) data after downloading and installing this software any version of Windows. In addition, the utility is associated with numerous amazing features such as:
- The software is capable to recover permanently deleted data from Windows
- Support recovery from FAT, exFAT, and NTFS file system whether it is formatted or corrupted
- The user can easily recover data from both internal and external hard drive
- The tool supports the recovery of photos, videos, music, documents, and other multimedia files also
- One can also recover data from IDE, EIDE and SATA devices with this tool
- The utility is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and all the below versions
- After using this you will be able to recover files from GPT & MBR partition
Steps to Recover Deleted Files Without Using Command Prompt
We all are aware that the command prompt uses scripting language commands. So, using command is not easy for normal users. It can create a lot of hurdles to recover deleted data using CMD. So, perform the steps listed below:
Step 1: – Download and Install SysTools Software
Step 2: – Select the partition and click on Scan button
Step 3: – View complete recovered files and folders
Step 4: – Save all retrieve Files easily.
Note: – The tool does not require any technical knowledge to operate. So, it is quite an easy way to recover deleted files without using CMD.
Finally, I was able to recover permanently deleted files using the software. I know the value of data as I have gone through the phase when I completely lost my important data. But with utility, I was able to recover shift + deleted data. I know there are many users who are also facing this same issue. Therefore, with the help of this blog, the users will be able to recover permanently deleted files using CMD.
No, the user cannot recover permanently deleted files using command prompt. To recover permanently deleted files the user has to opt for an automated solution.
Yes, if the user is not having any technical knowledge then he/she would not be able to perform the steps accurately to recover deleted files. Then he/she might face the data loss issue.
There can be a difference between the quality of the content of the files which the user will get after the recovering lost data using Command Prompt.