Know How to Transfer Outlook Contacts to Hotmail Account
There is always a demand for Microsoft Outlook which is used at both the personal and business level. Because of it’s easy to use and handy interface it is the famous and exceptional email application compared to others. But, this desktop-based application is a paid service. Due to this limitation, millions of users across the globe are migrating towards Hotmail which provides reliable and free service. It offers an incredible experience with a lot of characteristics which makes it stand apart. While migrating to Hotmail, there arises a need to import the data items from Outlook to Hotmail. Out of the data items, contacts is the most essential one which cannot be avoided. This blog mainly describes the features of Hotmail and the methods to transfer Outlook contacts to Hotmail account in an efficient way.
Why Users are Switching to Hotmail?
There are various features of Hotmail which attract users towards it. Some of the important features are listed below:
1. Virus Scanning and Security
Unlike other email application, Windows Live Mail uses Trend Micro scanning method to detect the viruses from the incoming emails and attachments.
This is the most important reason because of why a user import Outlook contacts to Hotmail. As the Hotmail account is free, it is supported by advertisements which are displayed on the email. These ads are removed while composing an email.
The customized interface can be availed by changing the colors and images in the account interface. All this will make Hotmail more user-friendly application for the users.
4. Spell Checker
This is an added feature which allows to change and correct all the incorrect spellings. Thus, making it more assured while sending the email.
5. POP Access
Hotmail provides a free POP service to all its account holders. This makes the user download the messages which can be stored on the local computer.
Read More: How to Sync Outlook Contacts to iCloud
Commonly Asked User’s Queries
“Recently, there arises a need to transfer Outlook contacts to Hotmail account. Before importing, I need to export the Outlook contacts in CSV file format. How can I convert Outlook contacts into CSV format before importing it to Hotmail? Kindly explain the easiest way to import Outlook contacts in Hotmail, thank you!”
“Before migrating to Hotmail application, I took the backup of all the Outlook contacts in PST file. Now, I need to export contacts from Outlook to Hotmail. Hotmail does not allow PST file to be imported directly. How can I import PST file into Hotmail? The earliest response would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!”
Techniques to Transfer Outlook Contacts to Hotmail Account
There is no direct method for moving contacts from Outlook to Hotmail. It is divided into two ways i.e., first export the Outlook contacts to CSV format and import the same CSV file to Hotmail.
- Export contacts from MS Outlook
- Import contacts to Hotmail
Export Contacts from Outlook to Hotmail via CSV Format
- To begin with, open Outlook email application.
- After that, click on the File tab which is at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, click Open & Export option which is on the extreme top left of the screen.
- After that, click on the Import/Export option to migrate contacts from Outlook to Hotmail.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, click Export to a file option and click Next.
- From the Export to a file dialog box, select Comma Separated Values as the file type and click Next.
- Now, select Contacts folder which is to be exported and click on the Next button.
- Then, click Browse to choose the destination location into which the exported file will be saved and click Next.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to export the files.
- Once the export is done, the CSV file will be saved in the given destination location.
After the contacts are exported from the Outlook account, now the time is to import the CSV file to complete the process to transfer Outlook Contacts to Hotmail account.
Import Outlook Contacts to Hotmail
- First of all, login to Hotmail account using any web browser.
- Now, select the App button that is on the lower left corner and select People.
- Now, People page will direct to a toolbar, select Manage menu and click on the Import contacts option.
- Select Browse option and navigate the CSV file which is the Outlook contacts.
- Then, click Open to select the file and then hit Import button.
- After this stage, all the Outlook contacts can be accessed in the Hotmail account.
Alternate Method to Transfer Outlook Contacts to Hotmail Account
Out of all the data items, contact data item contains the most crucial information which cannot be lost by any means. Hotmail is one of the most popular email application by Microsoft which is free. Now, to import PST contacts to Hotmail, a user can avail the manual method which is clearly explained in this blog.
However, it fails to import corrupt or damaged Outlook data files which can be easily done using the expert recommended Outlook PST Converter tool. It is an ultimate solution to migrate data without Outlook installation. It provides a selective mode for conversion in batch. In addition, this tool quickly scans the PST file contents and generates an instant preview for the same.
Working Steps to Export Contacts from Outlook to Hotmail for Windows
Step 1. Download and launch the tool on your system.
Step 2. Hit the Add File option to select the PST file.
Step 3. Browse to the PST location and click on Open button.
Step 4. Select the Contacts folder and choose the contacts you want to transfer. Click on the Export button.
Step 5. In the dialog box, choose the vCard option.
Step 6. Select the location to select the location to save the files.
Step 7. Click on the Export button to transfer Outlook contacts to Hotmail account.
Steps to Import Outlook Contacts to Hotmail for Mac
Step 1. Download, install and launch the software on Mac machine.
Step 2. Add PST file having calendar to the software panel.
Step 3. Select ICS from the multiple file saving formats.
Step 4. Choose destination path and hit on Export button.
By reading this article, one can easily transfer Outlook Contacts to Hotmail account. This blog explains both manual and automated approach to export contacts from Outlook to Hotmail. Though the manual method is easy, it fails to import a large number of files or corrupt PST file. This limitation can be resolved by using automated tool discussed above. This tool is an immediate and effective solution to transfer Outlook data file items into popular file formats. It is developed in such a way that it is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.