Top 3 Methods to Import Office 365 Contacts to Android Phone
Mobiles phone have become an integral part of the user’s lives. Most of the users prefer to use Android-based smartphones due to its feature-rich nature and user-friendly interface. Contacts are the most important for every user as they are responsible for the communication process. On the other hand, people use Office 365 which is a SaaS solution and it provides Office applications and other productivity services which are enabled over the cloud (Internet). MS Office includes SharePoint Online for collaboration, Exchange Online for email, Lync Online for unified communications etc.
Nowadays, users are able to perform most of the business and personal chores using their Android phones. Most of the Office 365 users need to import contacts from Office 365 to an Android phone. So that, they can make use of Office 365 contacts using their Android phone and implement various tasks. The major problem is faced by most of the Office 365 users when they are not able to find a simple and reliable way to import Office 365 contacts to Android phone.
Related : How to Export Outlook Contacts to Google Contacts
Different Methods to Import Office 365 Contacts to Android Phone
There are multiple methods using which the user can move Office 365 contacts to Android phone. In the below-mentioned section, we are going to explain the top 3 methods using which the user can migrate Office 365 contacts to Android mobile.
#Method 1: Sync Office 365 Contacts with Android Phone
You can Follow the below steps to sync office 365 contacts with Android Samsung, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Moto G, OnePlus etc
1. First, you need to navigate to the Settings in your Android mobile phone
2. In Settings, you will see multiple options but you have to tap on Accounts and Sync
3. Under the Account and Sync option, tap on Add account
4. Now, tap on Corporate, Microsoft Exchange or Exchange
5. After that, you need to enter your Office 365 email address and password. You can also set this email as default account when sending email from this device and tap on Next
6. Depending upon the mobile device (Android Samsung, windows phone, blackberry, Moto G, OnePlus, etc.) and configuration for your DNS records, the android phone may be configured automatically. If it is not configured automatically, then you have to enter the following information:
Note: In some Android mobile phones, the domain and username fields are separate. In this case, the user should leave the domain field blank
7. Next, make sure that Use secure connection (SSL) and Accept all SSL certificates check boxes are selected. After the completion of the Account Setup, tap Select and then Next
8. Now, your device will verify the server settings online
9. After that, you will be asked to accept the IT policy for your company. Accept the policy by tapping OK
10. You need to choose the required syncing options and tap Next
11. Enter a name of the account and then tap Next
12. Tap Activate to activate the account. Once you have activated it all your contacts will begin to download to the device & you can successfully sync office 365 contacts with android mobile phone
#Method 2: Export – Convert – Import Process
Now, this method is a 3-step method to import Office 365 contacts to Android phone. The user first has to export Office 365 contacts and then convert the exported contacts into the vCard file format. Finally, the user has to Import the vCard file to the Android mobile phone
Step 1: Export Office 365 Contacts
1. First, sign in to Outlook on the web
2. Now, open the app launcher tool in the top left of Outlook on the web window as shown below:
3. After that, click on People. On the toolbar, click on the down arrow next to Manage and then select Export contacts
4. Click on Export. After the completion of the export process, a CSV file will be downloaded to your system according to your browser settings
Step 2: Convert CSV to Android Supported Contacts
Now, the user has to convert CSV contact file into Android Compatible File Format. The user can opt for a reliable and smart utility that is Excel to vCard tool to convert CSV contacts to Android supported .vcf format. The utility is having an easy-to-use interface that allows the user to work with the software in a seamless manner. Moreover, there is no risk of data loss associated with the utility.
Download Now Purchase Now
Follow the steps below to convert CSV to vCard on Windows OS X:
1. Launch the software and click on the Browse button. Add the contact CSV exported above
2. Preview the added CSV along with entire contact details and click Next
3. Map CSV file columns with vCard contact fields and once all fields are mapped, click Next
4. Select vCard v2.1 / 3.0 / 4.0 and check to Create Single vCard option. Hit the Convert button
Step 3: Import vCard Contact File to Android
After the conversion of the CSV contact file into Vcard, the user need to import the vCard contact file into Android. The user can move vCard contact file to Android by following the steps given below:
1. First, tap on the Contacts icon on your Android phone
2. A list of contacts will be displayed. Now, you need to click on the 3-dots vertical icon present on the top right corner
3. Next, tap on the Import/Export option. Different options will appear in the Import/Export contacts.
4. Select Import from .vcf file option and click on the location where your Vcard file is saved
5. Now, a pop up will appear on your mobile’s screen All Contacts .vcf will be imported shortly
6. After the completion of the import process, you will be able to access the Vcard contacts from your Android phone
#Method 3: One Step Solution with No Technical Glitch
If you cannot sync office 365 contacts with the android mobile phone like Samsung, windows phone, blackberry, Moto G, OnePlus, etc. user can also go for a reliable and smart solution that is SysTools Office 365 Backup for Mac. The utility allows the user to download Office 365 contacts in VCF file format. The software is having a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for the users to work with the utility. To get Contacts in VCF file format. Select EML format and checkbox beside ‘Contacts’ to move only contacts to Vcard format. Next click on the Start button to start the process. After downloading the Office 365 contacts in VCF file format, the user can easily Import Office 365 Contacts to Android Phone.
Download Now Purchase Now
Sometimes, the user needs to Import Office 365 Contacts to Android Phone for various purposes. But they are not able to find a simple and reliable solution to move Office 365 contacts to Android smartphones. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed various methods to import & sync Office 365 contacts with Android mobile phones. The user can opt for any of the methods as per his/her choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I convert my Office 365 contacts directly into vCard file format ?
Yes, the tool allows you to transfer your contacts into VCF file format. To get contacts in vCard format, choose the EML file format and select only the contact option from the tool. It will convert the contacts into VCF and download.
Why do I need to convert my contacts in VCF format ?
For import your data into an Android phone user should convert the data into Android compatible file format. vCard is the Android supported file format for the contacts. So you need to convert your contacts in VCF format.
Can I use my Office 365 contacts in Android phone without vCard file ?
Yes, You can synchronize your Android device with MS Office 365 account. Which will automatically download all your contacts into the device contact list.
How to download multiple user contacts at a time from MS Office 365 ?
By using the Office 365 admin credential user can easily download multiple user contacts at same time. Through the application impersonation option admin only need the user list in CSV file format.