How to Export Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird Manually
Today, emails are considered as the best way for cross-connection among organizations. As the popularity of digitization is increasing, there are so many email applications available in the online market. Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Mozilla Thunderbird are two such platforms and both email clients store their respective database (i.e., emails, contacts, calendars etc.) in different file formats. Outlook supports PST file format whereas Thunderbird supports MBOX. In order to maintain the workflow, sometimes in different life scenarios the requirement to export Outlook calendar to Thunderbird arises. In the following write up, we are going to disclose some simple and cost-efficient methods to accomplish this process.
Method 1: Transfer Outlook Calendar Events to Thunderbird Using ICS Format
Here, we are going to use Thunderbird Lightning to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird. Lightning is a Mozilla Thunderbird add-on that enables users to schedule group meetings, assign the tasks and appointments.
Note: It is recommended to follow the guidelines sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss while exporting Outlook 2007 / 2010 calendar PST to Thunderbird.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Select Calendar
- Choose the File drop-down menu and highlight Save Calendar
- Enter a file name and select iCalendar format in Save as type section. Click Save
- Choose the Whole Calendar as Date Range. Hit OK button
- Download Thunderbird Lightning from the official site of Mozilla
- Go to the Add-On section in the right panel and configure the Lightning
- Now, launch Mozilla Thunderbird
- Click on the right panel and select Events and Tasks
- Choose “Import” from the drop-down
- Click on Browse button and select the iCalendar file that you have exported from Outlook.
- Click OK to add Outlook Calendar events to Thunderbird
After this, all the PST calendar items will be imported into Mozilla Thunderbird
Method 2: Export Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird Using GAMMO Tool
Go through the following set of instructions to attempt the procedure to transfer Outlook calendar file to Thunderbird:
Step 1. Export Calendar from Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Click on File tab and select Open & Export >> Import/ Export
- Here, choose Export to a file option. Click Next
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on Next button
- Select Calendar and click on Next
- Browse a location to save the resultant file and name it
- Eventually, click on Finish
Step 2. Import PST to Gmail Account
- Download and install GAMMO tool on your computer
Note: Microsoft Outlook installation is necessary to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird.
- Now, launch GAMMO application and enter the email address of your Gmail account. Click Next
- Select the Gmail account to import PST file
- Next, grant the permission to the software to execute migration via hitting the Allow button
- Select From PST file option and choose the Outlook Calendar PST file that you need to import. Click Next
- In Migration Settings window, check the Calendars option and hit Migrate button
- After completing the process to migrate calendar from PST to Thunderbird successfully, a message will pop-up. Click OK
- This will import the Outlook PST to your Gmail account. Follow the next step to export Outlook calendar to Thunderbird completely.
Step 3: Configure Gmail Account in Thunderbird
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail account
- Then, open Mozilla Thunderbird
- Go to Create a New Account box and choose Email
- In Mail Account Setup window, enter your name, email address, and password
- After filling all these details, click on Continue button
- Next, enable IMAP (remote folders) checkbox and click Manual config
- Now, enter the following settings manually for Server hostname section:
- Incoming: imap.gmail.com/ Port: Either 993 (SSL).
- Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com/ Port: Either 25 or 465 (SSL)
- Click on Re-test to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird
- If you have entered all the details correctly, then click Create Account
- If Mozilla Thunderbird is asking to authorize the Gmail account via Thunderbird then, permit the access to Thunderbird for syncing your Gmail data with Thunderbird
Eventually, the Gmail account will be successfully configured in Thunderbird. Setting up a Gmail account in Mozilla Thunderbird enables users to access the complete email data of Gmail in Thunderbird. So that, users can also access their Outlook calendar easily from Thunderbird after this.
Method 3: Automatic Way to Migrate Outlook Calendar Events to Thunderbird
To export Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird users can opt a trouble free and quick solution i.e., SysTools Outlook PST File Converter to convert PST file tool. It is a well-developed software to export data from PST file to multiple formats. For exporting Outlook PST calendar to Thunderbird, follow the steps mentioned below:
Download Now Purchase Now
Step 1. Launch Tool and Add PST Calendar File in the panel.
Step 2. Preview items and choose folder to export.
Step 3. Choose ICS file format from the saving options.
Step 4. Click Browse and choose the location to save resultant file.
Step 5. Click on Export button to start the conversion process.
Once the conversion is done, it will display a message box showing the completion. Also, it will show the path of converted PST file.
In order to verify the process, go to the location where you have saved the resultant ICS file and import Outlook calendar events to Thunderbird.
Now, you can easily import ICS file in Thunderbird by following these simple steps:
- Open Thunderbird and click on Events and Tasks from right side.
- Here click the Import option.
- Select ICS file to import in Thunderbird.
Summing It Up
Outlook is a Personal Information Manager that allows exchanging emails, manage contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals entries and much more. It saves all its mailbox data in a single file with the extension .pst. In order to import calendar from PST to Thunderbird, both manual and automatic techniques are discussed in this write-up. So, users can choose any of them to export Outlook calendar to Thunderbird as per their suitability and conversion requirements.