Export Outlook Emails from PST to TXT / Text Format Easily
“I am an Outlook user who is having thousands of emails, which are being stored in the Inbox folder. Now to prevent my Inbox folder from getting oversized, at the end of every month I archive the previous month’s Inbox data to a separate Mailbox folder that is been saved in PST format. In order to preserve all of my archived emails, I need to export to export Outlook emails to text format. Moreover, exporting the PST file to TXT format will allow me to open the TXT file in any of the word processors without any hassle. Could someone let me know the best approach which can be reliably followed to transfer PST to TXT format? Earnestly waiting for a favorable response to know how to convert PST file to Text format?”
When we talk about the TXT file, it is basically a notepad file that saves the text line into an electronic format. Which consists of unformatted ASCII text. Generally, these text files store information, which do not require any formatting. This means, it has only text and no their special formatting like bold text, italic text, images and so on. When it comes to convert Outlook email to plain Text file format, it is pretty obvious that the user needs to face a couple of challenges. Therefore, to make the migration from PST to Text more sophisticated and simpler here comes the blog where we will elaborate on a remarkable solution in a comprehensive way.
Reasons to Export PST to TXT File Format
- It lets users save the raw data wherein the text data will be free from formatting and unusual characters.
- It does not require any specific applications to read the text data. Thus, users can easily open the files on any word processor applications like WordPad, MS Word, Notepad, Notepad++.
- As it provides the support to open PST File on word processors applications, it makes easy for the users to share the TXT file on diverse platforms.
- Another reason to transfer batch PST emails to TXT is because the TXT file has a smaller file size than PST email.
Different Approaches to Convert PST File to Text Format
Let us discuss all pros and cons of both the solutions. I recommend you to first understand both the solutions and after that decide which one best for converting Outlook email to plain text format.
Export PST to TXT Format Manually for Free
To perform below steps, Outlook installation required. Fist launch the Outlook and follow the instructions given below:
Note: This method allows users to export only one emails at a time from PST to Text format.
- Initially, select the desired PST email that you want to export in Text format.
- Now, go to File >> Save As option and select the Save as type as Text Only format
- Then, provide the destination location and click the Save button
- After which, from the destination location open the converted TXT file in any of the word processor applications like Notepad, MS Word, etc
Do You Know?
The above-described manual method renders a number of limitations. So, let’s know them one-by-one as listed below,
- In order to implement the manual approach, it is mandatory to install Outlook application on the system.
- A user needs to perform the aforesaid steps individually for every single email, which means this approach is not suitable for exporting multiple emails from Outlook PST to text format.
- There is always a chance of data loss and mismatch in the information after undergoing the manual steps
- Time taking and confusing way.
- It export only emails without header information, HTML formatting, attachments, etc.
So folks, it’s time to burn all the manual difficulties with the help of a reliable PST to Text converter tool!
Convert Outlook Multiple Emails to TXT Format
In below section you will get the step by step guide for Windows and Mac OS. Choose the steps according to your system’s OS.
After knowing the shortcomings of free solution. It is always the best option to switch to a reliable Outlook PST to text converter tool. By using this futuristic utility, users can seamlessly export PST file TXT format without configuring Outlook. Moreover, it is efficient enough to save emails from PST to Text of both ANSI and Unicode file types.
Steps to Convert PST File to Text Format
Windows OS user can follow below instruction to export Outlook emails to text format without any limitation. Moreover, the software allows to export single, multiple (bulk), selected emails with other attributes from Outlook mailbox to plain text format.
Step-1. Launch the PST to TXT converter tool on the system to save PST file emails as TXT format.
Step-2. Hit the Add File button to browse the PST file in software interface.
Step-3. Now, select the desired emails, folders and hit Export button from software header. After that select TXT radio button.
Step-4. From the Advance Settings option, a user can apply different naming patterns to save the TXT file. They can also export selective PST data via date-filter option, migrate selective data items from the given categories option.
Step-5. Now browse desired location to save output TXT file on your system or any externally connected storage device.
Step-6. Upon successful completion of the export process, the resultant TXT file will be saved at the destination location
Finally, the process of transferring PST file to TXT format is made easy with the help of the top-notch Converter tool!
Steps to Save Emails from PST to TXT for Mac OS
Mac OS users can follow the below steps export Outlook emails to text format. Note: this tool will not support the Mac Outlook database file.
Step-1. Download and launch the Outlook emails to text converter on Mac OS system.
Step-2. Add the PST file(s) into software panel using Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) button.
Step-3. Choose TXT radio button and hit Advanced Settings option.
Step-4. Apply required filters from Naming Convention, Category selection, Date Filter and hit Save button.
Step-5. Choose location for saving output text file after completing the export Outlook emails to text process.
To safeguard the oversized PST file from corrupted, it is better to export PST to TXT format. The conversion is possible using any of the aforesaid solutions of this post. But, if the users want to batch convert PST files to Text file format, Go for the automated solution. This software ensures complete data conversion from Outlook PST to TXT format.