How to Export Outlook Emails from PST to TXT Format? Get Solution!
“I am an Outlook user who is having thousands of emails, which are being stored in the Inbox folder. Now to prevent my Inbox folder from getting oversized, at the end of every month I archive the previous month’s Inbox data to a separate Mailbox folder that is been saved in PST format. In order to preserve all of my archived emails, I need to export to a reliable file format like TXT. Moreover, exporting the PST file to TXT format will allow me to open the TXT file in any of the word processors without any hassle. Could someone let me know the best approach which can be reliably followed to transfer PST to TXT format? Earnestly waiting for a favorable response to know how to convert PST file to Text format?”
When we talk about the TXT file, it is basically a computer file that saves the text line into an electronic format, which consists of unformatted ASCII text. Generally, these text files store information, which do not require any formatting. This means, it has only text and no their special formatting like bold text, italic text, images and so on. When it comes to convert Outlook email to plain Text file format, it is pretty obvious that the user needs to face a couple of challenges. Therefore, to make the migration from PST to Text more sophisticated and simpler here comes the blog where we will elaborate on a remarkable solution in a comprehensive way.
What are the Possible Reasons to Export PST to TXT Format
- It lets users save the raw data wherein the text data will be free from formatting and unusual characters.
- It does not require any specific applications to read the text data. Thus, users can easily open the files on any word processor applications like WordPad, MS Word, Notepad, Notepad++.
- As it provides the support to open PST File on word processors applications, it makes easy for the users to share the TXT file on diverse platforms.
- Another reason to transfer batch PST emails to TXT is because the TXT file has a smaller file size than PST email.
Two-Different Approaches to Convert PST File to Text Format
How to Export PST to TXT Format Using the Manual Approach?
- Initially, select the desired PST email that is to be exported to TXT format
- Now, go to File >> Save As option and select the Save as type as Text Only format
- Then, provide the destination location and click the Save button
- After which, from the destination location open the converted TXT file in any of the word processor applications like Notepad, MS Word, etc
Do You Know?
The above-described manual method renders a number of limitations. So, let’s know them one-by-one as listed below,
- In order to implement the manual approach, it is mandatory to install Outlook application on the system.
- A user needs to perform the aforesaid steps individually for every single email, which means this approach is not suitable when there are bulk set of emails
- There is always a chance of data loss and mismatch in the information after undergoing the manual steps
- When there are a limited set of PST emails, a user needs to invest sufficient amount of time, which is extremely tedious and time-consuming
So folks, it’s time to burn all the manual difficulties with the help of a reliable converter tool!
SysTools PST Converter – A Hassle-Free Solution to Export PST to TXT
After knowing the shortcomings of native method, it is always the best option to switch to a reliable tool i.e., Outlook PST Conversion Tool. By using this futuristic utility, users can seamlessly export PST file TXT format without configuring Outlook. Moreover, it is efficient enough to save emails from PST to Text of both ANSI and Unicode file types.
Simple Steps to Convert PST File to Text Using the Automated Tool for Windows
Step 1. Launch the tool on the system to save PST file as TXT format.
Step 2. Hit the Add File button to upload the PST file on the software interface.
Step 3. Now, select the desired emails to export and choose the radio button corresponding to TXT label.
Step 4. From the Advance Settings option, a user can apply different naming patterns to save the TXT file. They can also export selective PST data via date-filter option, migrate selective data items from the given categories option.
Step 5. Then, provide the desired location to output and hit the Export button.
Step 6. Upon successful completion of the export process, the resultant TXT file will be saved at the destination location
Finally, the process of transferring PST file to TXT format is made easy with the help of the top-notch Converter tool!
Steps to Save Emails from PST to TXT for Mac are;
Step 1. Download and launch the software.
Step 2. Add files to convert into the software panel.
Step 3. Click on TXT file format from the Export options.
Step 4. Apply filters by clicking on Advance Settings option.
Step 5. Choose location for saving output and click on Export.
To safeguard the oversized PST file from corrupted, it is better to export PST to TXT format. The conversion is possible using any of the aforesaid solutions of this post. But, if the users want to batch convert PST file to Text file format, they should go for the automated solution. This software assures the data loss free conversion in a seamless manner.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Using PST to TXT Converter, users can easily convert PST file to TXT format.
To open files with TXT extension, Notepad or WordPad applications can be used.
Yes, if the PST Converter is used, you can directly extract emails in TXT file from PST.
If you use the suggested tool to convert PST file to TXT, Outlook configuration is not mandatory.