How to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail in a Seamless Way?
Summary: In this blog, we mainly focus on the need and process to import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail in a seamless manner.
Most of the users are rapidly switching from Outlook to Windows Live Mail due to multiple functionalities offered by it. No doubt, Microsoft Outlook is a feature-rich email application and has an easy interface to work with but Windows Live Mail supports web-based email clients like Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail Plus which adds more value to it. In addition to that, it includes features like photo mail, enhanced security, RSS feeds, a customized layout of the interface, and many more. Undoubtedly, a new start is not possible as all the old emails, contacts need to be made available in Windows Live Mail also.
Benefits of Using Windows Live Mail Application
1. Enhanced Security
- It includes an automated junk email filter that scans all incoming emails.
- Later, all the suspected spam and phishing messages are moved to the Junk email folder automatically.
2. Photo Email
- It is an excellent feature of sending high-resolution pictures over the email
- It sends the thumbnails(smaller versions) of the photos that a recipient can choose to see the full version.
3. Customized Interface
- It renders a simple interface that allows to alter colors, move columns and modify the layout.
- Includes Quick views in some specific categories of the email and news account
4. RSS Feeds
- With RSS feed in WLM, there is no need for a separate feeds reader
- Allows to subscribe from various websites and blogs to the RSS feeds
5. Send Large Files
- It offers 25 GB of free space using Skydrive service for sending large files
- The recipient receives an URL of that file which can be later downloaded to access the files
Let’s discuss other reasons to copy Outlook 2007 contacts to Windows Live Mail with the help of user queries.
Based on the relevant scenarios to import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail, some of the queries are stated below:
“I have a crashed computer which I somehow managed to recover and took a backup of my contacts in PST format. Now, I have bought a new system with Windows 8 installed, so I have installed Windows Live Mail on my system. Now, I am not able to import the contacts which are in PST format to Windows Live Mail. Is there some solution to import PST contacts to Windows Live mail, please suggest!”
“Recently, I switched from Outlook to Windows Live Mail. Before migrating, I have archived data items includes contacts in the PST file. Urgently, there came a need to contact my colleague. But, the contacts data is now stored in PST format, which I am not able to fetch in Windows Live Mail. Could someone help to know the manual process to move contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Mail?”
Tips & Tricks to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail
As there is no direct method available to export contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Mail. So, first, export the Outlook contacts in CSV format and later import the exported CSV file in Windows Live Mail.
- Export contacts from MS Outlook
- Import Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail
To import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail, the first step is to export the contacts from Outlook, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, launch the MS Outlook application on the system
- Then, go to the File menu and select Options
- From the Outlook Options dialog box, choose the Advanced option
- Then, select the Export option, and an Import and Export dialog box will appear
- From the Import and Export dialog box, select Export to a file option and click Next
- After which, an Export to a file wizard will appear
- Select Comma Separated Values (DOS) as the file type from the Export to a file wizard and click Next
- Now, select the folder to export from Select folder to export from option
- Then, choose Contacts from the list and click Next
- Click Browse and choose the desired folder into which the exported file will be saved
- After that, click OK and then press the Next button
- At last, click Finish and the file is exported with a CSV extension
Now, import the CSV file in Windows Live Mail by following the below-mentioned steps to completely export Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail.
- Firstly, sign-in to Windows Live Mail using your web browser
- Then, select the Apps button on the extreme top-left corner and choose People
- Then, select the Manage tab and click Add People option
- After that, select Start Import and choose Other
- Navigate the exported CSV file by selecting Choose File Option
- Finally, click Upload which will import the Outlook contacts in CSV format in Windows Live Mail, and transfer your Outlook 2007 contacts to Windows Live Mail.
Alternative Method to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail
While importing contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Mail, there arise various queries especially from a novice user which can make the situation worse. As they are unable to understand the process.
This can be overcome by using SysTools PST Converter for EML conversion which is highly recommended by experts. The software is capable to convert PST files into other file formats also including MSG, PDF, VCF, DOCX, ICS, HTML, RTF, MBOX & EMLX. This tool is capable to convert even corrupted and password-protected PST files to the desired file format. It also generates an instant preview of the files before the conversion begins.
Free Download Purchase Now
Steps to Export PST Contacts to vCard to Import in WLM are:
Step 1. Launch the PST conversion tool and add your PST contacts file.
Step 2. Preview all items in multiple modes.
Step 3. Select vCard format to export contacts.
Step 4. Choose a location to save the vCard file and click the Export button.
In today’s era, there are various email clients available. Based on the requirement, a user tend to switch from one email application to another. One can easily import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail by reading this blog. This can be done using the manual method first which is simple and cost-free. However, for corrupted PST files, it tends to fail which can be done using PST to vCard File Converter which is a professional tool. It is an efficient tool to convert PST contacts to Windows Live Mail in a hassle-free manner. It enables to convert selective or all data items in a batch. In addition, this tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac Operating System.