Learn Top 2 Methods to Import PST Contacts to Android Device
Microsoft Outlook is the popular desktop-based email client that mostly used in the office workplace. Being an email application, it also saves and manages the business as well as personal contacts. All the Outlook data by default saves in a local PST file. For those users who wish to move their Outlook contacts on their Android phone, the first problem is how to import .pst contacts to Android. So, after considering the user problem, we have come up with this post. In this article, we are going to discuss the most suitable methods to import PST contacts to the Android phone in a proficient manner. Before going to explore the methods, let’s have a look at a user query for a better understanding of the situation.
“Hello everyone, I am using Outlook 2010 for a long time and have lots of contacts in it. But, the main problem is all of the contacts saved on my computer and I need to open PST file in Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy J8). I really do not know how to export PST to Android contacts? Please provide some relevant solutions.”
After understanding the problem, let’s provide a relevant solution for it.
How to Import PST Contacts to Android Phone Manually?
In the following sections, users will know a manual way to move the contacts from Outlook desktop client to the Android phone. This procedure is classified into 3 steps:
Step 1: Export CSV from Microsoft Outlook
For Outlook 2013 or 2016
- Open your Microsoft Outlook application on the Windows system.
- Click on File tab available at the top-left corner of Outlook blue ribbon. Now, select Open & Export from the File menu.
- In order to open the Wizard, click on Import/Export option.
- Next, you need to select Export to a file option from the wizard and click on Next.
- After that, click on Comma Separated Values from the Export to a File window and click on Next to continue the process.
- Select Contacts (This computer only) folder from the list and click on Next.
- You need to mention a name to the exported CSV file and Browse a location for it and then click on Next.
- Finally, click on Finish to export CSV file.
The above method illustrates CSV exportation in Outlook 2013 / 2016. To transfer PST address book to CSV, follow the below-mentioned steps and further import PST contacts to Android.
For Outlook 2010
- Open Outlook email client and click on File tab.
- Select Options from the resultant file menu.
- After that, click on Advanced from the Outlook Options window.
- Under the Export section, you need to click on Export button.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, you need to pick Export to a file option and click on Next button.
- Now, select Comma Separated Values (Windows) from the new window and click on Next.
- After that, click on Contacts folder under the Select folder to export from the section. Then, click on Next.
- Now, navigate to Browse to select a location where you want to save the exported .csv file.
- In File Name box, provide a suitable name for the exported file and click on OK.
- Now, click on Finish.
The next step to import PST contacts to Android is to move exported CSV file into Gmail. Take a look at the next section for the same.
Step 2: Import PST Contacts in Gmail
- Exit from Outlook application.
- Open your browser and log in to Gmail account that you use in your Android phone.
- Click on Contacts and it will open a new tab in the browser.
- From the Contacts tab, click on More drop-down button and select Import option.
- Now, browse the CSV file that was exported in Step 1 and click on Import button.
- Wait till all the Outlook contacts uploaded in Gmail account.
After mailing PST contacts to Gmail, import PST contacts to Android Phone by following the below-mentioned steps.
Step 3: Move Contacts in Android Phone
- Take your Android phone, go to Menu >> Settings >> Accounts & Sync.
- After that, you need to select the Google account. Make sure that the Contacts option is selected and sync it.
- Now, all the Outlook contacts will be shown on your Android phone.
Limitations of Manual Method
The above-described procedure has some shortcomings that must be known to a user before executing the manual method to import PST contacts to Android.
- It is a 3 step process that consumes lots of user time.
- Without a Gmail account, the user cannot move PST contacts in Android.
- If a large number of contacts is available in Outlook, then the above method does not provide 100% result.
Luckily, We Have an Alternate Solution
PST File Converter is an impeccable software that overcomes all the limitations of the manual method. It is an adept tool that quickly converts PST file to vCard format, that further supported by Android mobiles. It is a standalone application that does not require the installation of any other software, including MS Outlook.
With the help of software, users also convert emails from the local PST file in 2+ file formats without any data alteration. Also, the software does not have any PST file size restriction. Furthermore, it converts ANSI, as well as UNICODE PST file contacts in Android, supported the vCard format which again makes it easy to import PST contacts to Android. The plus point of utility is wide compatibility with the Windows operating system. It can be easily installed on Windows 10 and in the below editions.
The simple and straightforward user interface makes the entire conversion task so facile. Even a non-technical user can also operate this tool without any expert guidance.
Steps to Import PST Contacts to Android Device via VCF are:
Step 1: Download and Install tool.
Free Download Purchase Now
Step 2: Click on Add file to load .pst contacts file.
Step 3: Preview all PST data items and click Export.
Step 4: Choose a location to save the VCF file.
Step 5: Click on the Export button to start the process.
When users try to import PST contacts to Android phone, they may face some issues. So, to resolve the problem we have illustrated two solutions in this write-up. But, the manual workaround has some downsides such as complex and time-consuming procedure. Hence, users can take help of the alternate method to transfer contacts from Outlook to Android mobile. This application helps users to convert Outlook contacts in Android supported vCard format in an efficient way.