Know How to Repair Exchange Mailbox and Make it Healthy Again!
Overview: The following write-up will offer you an expert-recommended solution to repair Exchange mailbox. Know why the need to repair mailboxes occurs and how you can get them repaired with a reliable utility.
As one of the most opted email server solutions by organizations, Exchange Server is used to store a huge number of important mailbox items. As the mailbox items keep increasing over a period of time, the chances of facing issues in Exchange Server also keep increasing. One of those issues is mailbox corruption in Exchange.
And in this write-up, we will be discussing the ways to repair Exchange mailbox using a tried and tested solution by experts. As these mailboxes store many confidential and important emails, we can’t afford to lose those messages by implementing a method that is less secure and contains chances of data loss.
But before directly jumping to the solution, let us first have a look at the reasons that makes it mandatory for us to repair Exchange mailbox.
Reasons for Exchange Mailbox Corruption
Whenever you are using your mailbox running on Exchange Server and you face hindrances while accessing your account, then there are high chances of corruption in your Exchange mailbox. There might be multiple reasons as stated below:
- Virus infection
- Abrupt system shutdown
- Application malfunction
- User errors & disk Failure
- Error or Missing database objects
- Improper alterations in the database schema
Know Exchange Errors Before Repairing Exchange Mailbox
Corruption in Exchange Server .edb file may generate different types of errors in the account. It may result in error message pop-ups. There is multiple Exchange error code that may appear in case of damage in mailboxes in the Exchange Server account.
- Error -501 (JET_errLogFileCorrupt): This Exchange error happens due to the corruption in log files in Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Error -533 (JET_errCheckpointCorrupt): When checkpoint files get corrupted or deleted, this jet error message appears in the user system.
- Error -1216 (JET_errAttachedDatabaseMismatch): When header information in Exchange log files gets deleted or mismatched, then this error appears.
- Error -1601: This error message code indicates damage or corruption in the internal structure of Exchange STM files during the file recovery.
- Error -1605: It occurs when there is some abrupt exit of Eseutil/p while regenerating B-tress.
- Event ID 9175: Network or connection issues may result in this error. It occurs when the Exchange Server is down due to its maintenance.
- 1056749110 Exchange File Error: Occurrence of corrupted items in an Exchange mailbox while moving the EDB mailbox file.
- Dirty Shutdown State Exchange Error: A abrupt shutdown of your computer when log files were in the cache memory, then this error occurs.
Guide to Repair Exchange Mailboxes via Expert Solution
Exchange EDB Recovery Tool provides an efficient Exchange mailbox repair solution without any data loss. When you find it is difficult to identify the corrupted mailbox in an EDB from Exchange Server, you can go with this utility without any doubt.
You only have to dismount the EDB file from your Exchange mailbox and load it into the software. The software is compatible with Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and lower versions. It makes the entire process quick and simple due to the advanced set of algorithms used in it.
One of the most significant options of this tool is that it allows exporting EDB to PST, PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, and HTML file format.
Quick and Advance scanning mode option recovers minimal and highly corrupted Exchange database files. Also, the advance scan option helps users to recover deleted mailboxes after the retention period. It easily recovers permanently deleted Exchange database mailboxes and data items from loaded offline/dismounted EDB files.
Working Steps Perform Repair Task
Step 1: Download, Install the automated utility and Launch it.
Step 2: Click on the Add File button and Load the dismounted/offline Exchange .edb file.
Step 3: Select the advance scan option > Click on Add button.
Step 4: Preview the recovered Exchange mailbox > Click Export.
Step 5: Select Exchange database mailboxes > Click on the export option > Select browse button to set destination file path > Click on the Export button.
Few More Repair Options for Exchange Mailboxes
The blog describes the best way to repair Exchange mailboxes without any data loss. It discusses the reasons and causes for Exchange corruption issues along with the commonly occurring error codes. The introduced software allows repairing corrupted data files effortlessly without data loss.