Postbox to Outlook Conversion – Export Emails from Postbox to PST
Are you looking for ways to Export Postbox to Outlook? No problem, here you will find every aspect of Postbox to PST conversion for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and lower versions. Described in this article is the best solution to undergo email migration in an efficient manner.
About Postbox: Launched in 2008, Postbox is a fairly new desktop email application available for both Windows and Mac platform. Boasting a beautiful interface with slick features and fast search mechanism, it surely is a great choice for many users out there. Especially successful on Mac OS, it is a powerful email application also available for Windows platform.
Then, Why Export Postbox to Outlook?
MS Outlook has established itself in the email arena over the decade. With powerful email organization capabilities and advanced security features, it is the most widely used desktop email client. So of course, individuals and organizations tend to migrate to Outlook to take advantage of its plethora of features. Same is the case of Postbox mail users. Below are few of the queries that users of Postbox email application have been enquiring about lately:
- How do I transfer all my emails from Postbox email client to Outlook 2016?
- Is there any way to convert Postbox to PST file?
- Can I add Postbox to Outlook 2019?
After a thorough analysis, it was found that although Postbox does provide the option to import emails from Outlook, it lacks the feature of exporting to Outlook. Postbox stores all its emails and attachments within MBOX format (files with no extension) similar to Mozilla Thunderbird. On the other hand, Outlook uses PST format for the same and is not compatible with MBOX. The only way is to convert MBOX files of Postbox to Outlook PST format.
How to Convert Postbox to PST file format?
There are no manual methods that can directly export Postbox database file to .pst file format. But worry not, we came up with a solution that can not only provide accurate and efficient conversion, but also generates UNICODE PST file. Thus making it acceptable in all Outlook versions including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
The best part is that this SysTools MBOX to Outlook Converter is beneficial to Postbox mail users of both Mac and Windows platform.
Download for Windows
Download for Mac
The entire conversion process can be divided in two parts:
- Locate MBOX file of Postbox
- Convert this Postbox mailbox to Outlook PST
I. Locate the Mailbox file of Postbox email client
This section defines the default Postbox mailbox location on both Windows and Mac OS. Locate and copy them to preferred location on your system which is easily accessible(like desktop).
Postbox 5 and below:
- Mac OS: ~your home folder/Library/Application Support/Postbox
- Windows: Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Postbox
Postbox 6 and above:
- Mac OS: ~your home folder/Library/Application Support/PostboxApp
- Windows: Users\username\AppData\Roaming\PostboxApp
(Both Library and AppData folders are hidden by default. Make sure to enable viewing of hidden folders to locate it.)
In the given location, you will find 3 kinds of file format:
- .sbd – Database file
- .msf – Index file
- No extension(eg. Inbox, drafts, etc) – Actual MBOX mailbox file
II. Convert Postbox to Outlook
Once you have the actual MBOX files, use Systools software to convert them into PST format making these files accessible in MS Outlook. We will be showing you the proper steps to perform this email migration on both Mac and Windows OS.
Steps to Export Postbox to Outlook
- Step 1: Run the software and import Postbox files.
- Step 2: Preview the Postbox emails.
- Step 3: Select “PST” option and apply advanced settings.
- Step 4: Click “Export” for Postbox to Outlook conversion.
The elaborated steps are provided in the next section.
For Mac Postbox Users:
- 1: Install the SysTools Mac MBOX Converter and select Add File/Folder button
- 2: Add the Postbox files and click Next to go to Export window
- 3: Set PST as export type for Postbox to PST conversion and fill other options as per requirement
- 4: Go for Advance Settings tab for options such as:
- Create Single PST: Merge all the MBOX files into single PST format
- Split PST: Divide the Postbox files into multiple PST’s of smaller size
- Filters: Filter out and export emails as per specific date range
- 5: Finally, click the Export button and all your Postbox data will be saved in output PST file.
You can import the generated PST file in any Outlook edition to get the access Postbox emails within it.
For Windows Postbox Users
To convert Postbox to Outlook,
- Run SysTools MBOX to Outlook Converter for Postbox and hit Add File > Next
- Browse the mailbox to be exported from Postbox to Outlook and hit Process
- Avail preview of all Postbox emails and attachments. Hit Export from menu
- Now set export radio-button to PST and select other options as per requirement
- Finally, click on the Export button to add all Postbox data to Outlook PST.
Once done import the output file in all Outlook version and access the emails.
The entire conversion process – be it on Mac or Windows – is completely data loss free. The software guarantees the maintenance of all metadata properties which includes header information, Html formatting, inline images, etc. In addition, all the email attachments are preserved along with the on-disk folder structure of Postbox files. Take advantage of the free trial version of the software and open MBOX in Outlook after testing the software. The demo converts 25 emails from Postbox to Outlook PST efficiently.
Take a Look at Some Queries:
Can I convert multiple Postbox mailboxes i n bulk?
Yes, you can easily export multiple Postbox mailboxes at once.
Do I get to preserve folder hierarchy during conversion?
Yes, you can easily preserve folder structure without any isses. It even supports SBD files to that end.