How to Convert VCF File to PDF with all Contacts? Top 3 Ways!
vCard is a standard program used to store contact information in a managed way. You can save the contact’s name, photo, email ID, mobile, landline number, fax number, and other information. It also collects contact information from other sources. But you cannot share VCF files in a viewable format, you have to import the file first to any digital device and then view the contact details. To make it shareable and viewable, you have to convert VCF file to PDF format.
A PDF file is a portable format, that can easily be shared, printed, and viewed with any device. You can use the PDF file for personal, professional, and legal purposes. PDF can be protected with a password to secure it to copy, print, etc. Now, let’s directly move to the solution to export vCard to PDF with all information & other data. Here are the topics that we will discuss throughout the post…
Why Convert vCard to PDF?
- Printing: – Adobe PDF documents are foremost for all printing requirements. Hence, several working professionals want to save their VCF contacts in PDF format.
- Forensic: – Forensic investigators always wish to export the contact details in PDF format. Since the court only admits Portable document files (PDF) as digital evidence. Thus, it becomes necessary for investigators to convert VCF file to PDF to meet lawful purposes.
- Security: – PDF files come with different kinds of security restrictions. Hence, users can simply lock PDF files. Even users can bound them for copying, editing, and printing.
- Compatibility: – Users choose PDF files to keep their contact details. Because PDF documents are compatible with all desktops, smartphones, tablets, etc. Even users can simply access PDF files without installing any particular application.
Methods to Export VCF File to PDF Format
There are multiple solutions available to convert vCard to PDF format. Here we are going to explain three different solutions to accomplish the task. The manual solutions include the following:
- Convert vCard Contacts to PDF with Text Editors
- Convert vCard Files to PDF using Python Script
- Expert Solution to Batch Export VCF Contacts to PDF format.
These are some of the most prominent solutions that one can use to convert VCF File to PDF format with all contact information. So, let’s briefly check all the solutions to Convert vCard contacts to PDF format with all contact information.
#1) Convert VCF File to PDF with Text Editor
- Go to the VCF file location.
- Make a right-click on the file Open With >> MS Word.
- Now, click on the “File >> Save As” option.
- Select PDF as the saving option from drop-down.
- At last, click Save to export vCard to PDF with all contact details.
This method will allow you to export vCard contacts to PDF with a single contact file. Users have to repeat the same process for multiple contact files.
#2) Export vCard to PDF using Python
Python is a powerful programming language, and it can be used to convert vCard to PDF format. With Python Script, you export multiple contact files at a time. To accomplish this process, users have to use a combination of libraries.
For reading and analysing vCard files, the “Vobject library” is commonly used. It allows you to handle vCard data within Python. For creating PDF documents, users can go with “Reportlab Library.” By using these two libraries together, you can run this process & successfully export vCard contacts to PDF format.
#3) Automated Tool to Convert VCF File to PDF Format
As there is no reliable and suitable manual method to convert vCard files to PDF format, go with an automated solution. SysTools VCF Viewer Pro Plus Tool allows you to export VCF file contacts to multiple formats. You can free download the software demo version on Windows OS 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Win Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, and 2008 versions.
The suggested tool supports the VCF files of vCard 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0 versions. You can also preview each contact in detail and split the large VCF files into smaller parts. Also, you can merge multiple vCard files into one file. You can create a single PDF file for all contact files. The software is the best choice for users with an easy-to-use interface for all users.
Software Steps to Export vCard Contacts to PDF Format
- Free download the tool on Windows OS.
- Open the software and click on Add File or Add Folder option to browse VCF files.
- After loading VCF files, get a preview of vCard contacts in detail.
- There are two saving options: Export Selected and Export all vCard files.
- In the next window, select the export type as PDF from the given list.
- Select the Destination location and Create a Single PDF (if required). Click on the Export button to convert VCF file to PDF format.
#4) Convert vCard File to PDF using Desktop Client
- Run Outlook.
- Now, use the Import/Export Tool to add VCF files.
- Click on the People Icon in MS Outlook & select Contacts.
- Now, select the required contact & make a right click,
- Last, click Quick Print >> Print to PDF & export VCF to PDF.
#5) Export vCard to PDF with Online Converter
- Go to Zamzar.
- Click on Add Files & Browse the VCF File.
- Now, select the export type in PDF format.
- Click Convert & wait for the process to complete.
- Browse the path & click save to convert vCard to PDF.
Why Choose vCard to PDF Conversion Tool Over Manual Solutions?
Apart from the above-mentioned features, the tool has other benefits too. Let’s see the additional sub-features:
- The tool comes with a simple user interface for all users like naive, technical, forensic investigators, etc. You can convert VCF file to PDF format in just 4 steps.
- Easily select the destination location to save the resultant files. Save the converted file in a new folder or existing folder. Also, you can create a single PDF file for all vCard contacts.
- You will get two options to browse VCF files such as Add File and Add Folder. You can either select a single VCF file or a folder containing batch vCard files.
Questions Asked by Users
Q) Can I convert a vCard to PDF for free?
The only free way to convert vCard to PDF is Text Editors like Notepad. It provides the option to save your contact file to PDF format. Alternately you can online websites & software available for free use & download.
Q) How do I Convert a vCard to PDF?
- Download & Run VCF to PDF Wizard.
- Now, browse, and upload VCF contacts to software panel.
- Afterwards, view the contacts details in 4+ modes.
- Next select the export type, and destination location.
- At last, click Save to securely export VCF to CSV format
vCard stored the contact information in a better and more managed way on digital devices. But for sharing printing, or viewing purposes, PDF is the best option. For the query, we suggested in this blog, an automated tool to convert VCF file to PDF format. Free download the software demo version on the latest Windows OS without any issues.
Hope your problem is solved, drop a message for further queries.