How to Export Yahoo Mail to PST File? Expert Solution Guide
Summary: This blog is for the users who wants to export Yahoo Mail to PST file. Here, we will discuss the complete guide to exporting Yahoo to PST. So, read the complete blog to know the whole process.
In today’s era because of many reasons such as data backup, access to data offline, protect Yahoo email account, and outage issues, users want to access their IMAP account in a desktop-based email client.
So, many users are looking to export Yahoo emails to PST files so that they can access Yahoo Mail emails offline in the Outlook desktop application.
Therefore, in this blog, we will tell you how to export Yahoo to PST. But before going to the solution part, let us see one user’s query first.
“Hi I am Vincent Scott and I need to access my Yahoo emails in offline mode. So, I searched on the web for a solution. Then, I found a solution by using the Outlook desktop client application I can access all my Yahoo emails in offline mode. But, to access emails in Outlook I need to export all my Yahoo mailbox folders to PST files. So, please suggest me a solution to export Yahoo to PST file.”
If you are also having a similar type of query then read this blog till the end and know to export Yahoo to PST.
Read More: How to delete all Yahoo Mail at once?
Methods to Export Yahoo Mail to PST File
There are two methods to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
So, these are the two methods using which you can easily comprehend your task to export Yahoo to PST without any issue. Also, both methods are verified and tested by experts.
Instant Solution – Download and get the suggested tool on your computer to instantly export Yahoo account emails to PST file.
Steps to Export Yahoo Mail to PST
- Download & Run SysTools Backup Software for Yahoo.
- Enter your Yahoo Mail Credentials & in the dashboard.
- Now, select E-mail format & destination path to export data.
- At last, click on save to export Yahoo Emails to Outook PST.
This is the overview of expert recommended solution. If you want to continue with the manual solution or want to expore more about the automated tool, then
Manually Configure Yahoo Mail to MS Outlook
In order to manually access Yahoo Mail emails in Outlook desktop client, follow the below stated steps. But before performing the steps first open Yahoo Mail and disable two-factor authentication. Also, generate an app password to log in without error.
- Download and launch Outlook on your computer
- Now, go to File >> Add Account
- Afterward, enter your email id and click on Advanced options
- Then, select Let me set up my account manually
- Click on IMAP or POP option as per your choice
- Now, enter the details mentioned below.
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
- Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 993
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Requires authentication – Yes
After entering all these details and the generated password and login to your account.
Learn More: How to Access Yahoo Mail to Outlook Express?
Finally, you have successfully gotten access of Yahoo account in Outlook. But as we have seen that this method is very technical and if you are don’t have enough technical knowledge then we would not recommend you to use this method. Also, this method is very lengthy and time-consuming.
So, now what to do if this method is not the right method? No need to worry, we have another best method for you which is easy to use. Let’s dive into it.
Automated Solution to Backup Yahoo to PST File
SysTools Yahoo Backup Tool is the best and automated software using which you can directly save Yahoo emails to computer in PST file. Also, the UI and working of the tool are very simple and straightforward so that both technical and non-technical users can easily export Yahoo to PST.
Additionally, the tool provides multiple advanced features while exporting emails from Yahoo account to PST file. Now, to know the working of this tool for both Windows and Mac OS, read the upcoming sections.
Steps to Export Emails from Yahoo Account on Windows
- Download, install and lunch the tool on your computer.
- Log in to your account by entering the account ID and password.
- Now, select the PST file format from the export type list.
- Afterwards, browse the location where you prefer to export emails.
- Finally, click Start to export Yahoo Mail to PST file.
These are the steps to export emails from Yahoo Mailbox folders to PST files for Windows users. Now, to know the steps for Mac OS users, follow the below-stated section.
Also Read: How to Import Yahoo Mail Contacts CSV Format?
Steps to Export Yahoo Emails to PST File on Mac OS
- Get the tool for Mac OS and launch on your computer.
- Enter the credentials and click on the Login button.
- Select the PST file format from the options.
- Click on the Browse button and set the location.
- Finally, click Start Backup to export Yahoo Mail to PST file.
Now, you have successfully exported all the emails from the Yahoo Mail account to PST file for Mac OS.
Today, in this blog, we have solved the most asked query by users i.e., How to Export Yahoo Mail to PST file? Here, we have disclosed the manual method as well as an automated method to export emails from Yahoo account to PST file.
But manual method is little bit complicated and also very time-consuming. So, we recommend to use the automated solution as it is very easy to use and also provides multiple features.