How to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013? Here is the Solution
Are you scared that Yahoo’s data breach might happen again? Do you want to back up your Yahoo Mail folders to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, or 2013? Here we will share some of the most feasible approaches to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
Having Another Copy of Yahoo Data Is Essential and Here Is Why
For every Yahoo Mail user, having data backup is really important. If you want to know the reasons, read on this segment:
- Yahoo Mail User Data Breach: If you are still using Yahoo Mail, you must have been a loyal client, especially after their history of a repetitive user data breaches. If you are planning to leave Yahoo Mail but want to keep the data, converting Yahoo mail folders to Outlook is a good option.
- Ransomware Attack: Ransomware attack has spread in web too, so do not think that your Yahoo email data is safe. You can export Yahoo email to Outlook which will save you from spending millions in case hackers got hold of the Yahoo emails.
- Data Security: Outlook saves its data in the local system. Transferring Yahoo mail to Outlook will come in handy if you accidentally delete some important Yahoo emails. It also saves you in rare situations when the Yahoo Servers get affected by disasters.
Also Read: Best Way to Save Yahoo Emails to Computer
What Users Say About Their Need
Very recently, I came to know about Yahoo User Data Breach. I was so shocked after reading the news that I sat there numb for around some minutes. After becoming normal, the first thing I did was change my password. Even after doing that, I feel restless. I think that my data is not safe here. Therefore, I want to transfer Yahoo mail folders to Outlook as soon as possible. Please share any reliable approach to conduct this data transfer.
Hello, I am a Yahoo Mail user for many years. In fact, this is my first email account. Now, I have started using Outlook besides Yahoo and to be honest, I like MS Outlook. Therefore, I want to convert Yahoo mail into Outlook 2007. Is to possible to do so? If yes, then please share the method with me here. I will be ever grateful.
Frequently Used Manual Approach to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook
In order to transfer Yahoo mail folders to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 users have to configure the Yahoo account in Outlook. For that, visit the settings page of the Yahoo Mail account to allow access to “Less Secure Apps” and disable Two-factor Authentication. Now comes the time to configure.
If the Less secure app sign-in is not available, Generate an app password to use over the outlook application while syncing data between Yahoo-Outlook.
Steps to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- Open your Outlook and click on File>> Info>> Options.
- Click on Add Account button.
- In the Add account window, select Manually Configure Server Settings option. Click Next.
- Choose the option POP or IMAP and click Next.
- In POP / IMAP settings, enter your name and Yahoo email address. Select Account Type (IMAP).
- Enter Incoming mail server (imap.mail.yahoo.com), Outgoing mail server (SMTP) (smtp.mail.yahoo.com).
- Enter User Name and Password of Yahoo mail.
- Click on More Settings… and go to Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’, and select the first option to use the same settings for incoming mail server.
- Move on to the Advanced tab and add these values:
- Click on OK to exit the window and hit the Next button. This starts configuration testing. After completion close it.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup. This will export Yahoo mail to Outlook.
Restart the Outlook application to view all the email folders of Yahoo mail in MS Outlook application.
Why the Manual Method May Not Be the Best Option?
Manual method to export Yahoo email to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2021 is also called a native option. This solution is often implemented by the users but, it cannot be called the perfect technique because of these reasons:
- Length: The length of this method is not short. You have to invest a considerable amount of your time to perform this technique.
- Complex: The approach is not simple either. For the complexity of this process, novice and inexperienced users find it difficult to perform accurately.
- Unreliable: This process cannot be trusted completely. Users who implemented this technique, often report missing Yahoo data in Outlook.
What Other Options Do I Have?
We understand that reading the earlier section may have made our readers anxious. But we ask you to forget all the worries, as we are sharing an alternate option for you. And you will find that it is even better and easy than the manual method.
And, The Ideal Method to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 Is…
SysTools Yahoo Backup Tool. This software is much better than the manual method. With the help of this application, data transfer can be performed in just a few simple steps. There is also no risk of data loss during the migration if you choose to use this amazing utility. Due to these reasons, Yahoo users from all over the world prefer this software over other available third-party tools.
What Makes This Tool Amazing?
This application is packed with numerous useful features. It allows users to save their complete or selective Yahoo account data in Outlook data file format, which can be imported into Outlook easily. There is a facility for selective data export. The delete after download option allows removing data from the Yahoo account after downloading. The best thing about this tool is that it does not store any of the user data on its server. Therefore, users can remain completely relieved while using Tool.
Steps to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook Data File
Step-1: Download and Run software and log in with Yahoo account credentials.
Step-2: Select PST format to export emails to Outlook file.
Step-3: Browse a location for saving the Outlook data file.
Step-4: Click on Start to export Yahoo mail to Outlook.
Step-5: Open MS Outlook and open the resultant file in it.
What to Do If You Want to Import Yahoo Contacts to Outlook.com?
- Login to Yahoo Mail and move to the Contacts icon.
- In Yahoo Contacts, click on the More (…) option and click on the Export (CSV) option.
- Now, log in to your Outlook.com account through Outlook Web Access.
- Click on the People’s icon and then click on the Manage option.
- Select the Import contacts option.
- Click on Browse and upload the exported Yahoo contacts CSV from the system.
- Then, click on the Import button to import the Yahoo mail contacts to the Outlook account.
Reasons like data backup or data synchronization are often responsible for the rise of the need to export Yahoo email to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 versions. This data migration is possible using a manual or automatic approach. Since the manual method has its own set of limitations, it is wise to choose a Tool to export Yahoo Mail to PST file format.