Steps to Merge Different Outlook PST Files
Steps to Merge Outlook PST File using the software for combining PST Data. The tool allows to join PST files by creating new folder for merged PST files as well merge similar folder in PST file.
You can also Merge PST Files/Folder into a single PST file, choose the Merge option after adding the files and folders to the Merge list. User can also opt for Advanced options such as Remove Duplicate & Exclude Deleted Items. Then, Browse the Destination Location where you want to keep the merged PST file.
Now Choose the option "Merge PST File" to begin the process to Merge PST File
You can preview all the files that you have selected to merge.
After the process is completed a prompt is shown displaying "The PST Files have been merged Succsesfully"
You can preview the location of the Merges PST file in the destination location that you have selected.
To merge similar folders into a single PST file, choose the Merge option after adding the files and folders to the Merge list. Choose the Advanced options such as Remove Duplicate entries & Exclude Deleted Items to get rid of the duplicate entries and the deleted items present in the Merge List. It also provides option to Split PST File incase when the PST file size exceeds and a user requires to split the PST file into two.
Note: For the Split PST file, It is allowed to split the PST files into a minimum of 50MB and Minimum size of 1 GB inorder to avoid the chances of file corruption in case of Large PST files.
Under the "Remove Duplicates" option, You are provided with following options:
- Subject: Specify the subject of the message for which the message is being sent.
- CC: Put the email address(es) here if you are sending a copy for their information (and you want everyone to explicitly see this).
- BCC:(Blind Carbon Copy) - Put the email address here if you are sending them a Copy and you do not want the other recipients to see that you sent it to this contact.
- Body: This is the actual content of the mail that is to be sent.
- From: This includes the section where the sender of the message is specified.
- To: This includes the section where the recepients of the email message are specified.
- Transport Message Header: contain information used to control the message and its transmission as well as metadata such as the Subject, origin and destination email addresses, the path an email takes, and maybe its priority.
- Attachments: This refers to the files that have been attached with the email message. on the basis of which the file is to be filtered out.
- Internet Message ID: This is used to remove duplicate e-mails based on Internet Meaasage ID.
Note: For smooth and uninterrupted migration please select at most 3 filters at a time. To know about merge files filters, Click here.
Upon completion of the process, the software displays the Merged PST file Information such as Name & Location of the merged PST File.
The Report can accessed at the specific location and PST files are divided into different files of small sizes as shown below:
The Report file shows the repetitive values inoccured during the process:
You can view the joined files at the specific file location as shown below:
Now you can view the Merged PST file data in Outlook.
To merge only the contacts present in the PST file, choose the Merge Contacts option as soon as you add the Files or the folders.
Also provide the settings for Removing Duplicates from the file during the process and Click on "Apply".
Note: You can choose any of the following mentioned contact details such as First name, Last name, company, File As, IM Address, etc., As per your requirements.
Note: For smooth and uninterrupted migration please select at most 3 filters at a time. To know about merge contact filters, Click here.
Now, The software will navigate back to the previous menu, Click on the "Browse" button.