Techniques to Fix SQL Server Error 8992 With or Without Backup
“In my SQL Server Database while executing DBCC CHECKDB. It is prompting an error message, as given below. If anybody is experiencing the same, kindly revert back with the methods to fix SQL Server error 8992. The error details are as stated, Msg 8992, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Check Catalog Msg 3853, State 1: Attribute (object_id=xxxxxxx) of row (object_id=xxxxxx,column_id=11) in sys.columns does not have a matching row (object_id=xxxxxxx) in sys.objects. CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors not associated with any single object.”
“I have archived certain number of databases from SQL Server 2000 and further restored them to SQL Server 2008 R2. While running DBCC CHECKDB on the SQL 2008 R2, I am receiving an error message as,
“Msg 8992, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Check Catalog Msg 3854, State 1: Attribute (parent_object_id=117575457) of row (object_id=133575514) in sys.objects has a matching row (object_id=117575457) in sys.objects (type=S ) that is invalid.”
Is there some way to resolve this SQL Server msg 8992. Kindly reply back with your feedback.”
There are similar queries from users in various forums indicating an 8992 SQL error. If you are one of the users who experience the same error. Then relax as we introduce this blog to you to fix SQL Server error 8992 precisely and seamlessly.
Instant Solution: To fix SQL database corruption issue and avoid SQL error, it is suggested to go with the SysTools SQL Recovery Tool. This will allow the user to recover corrupt SQL database file with all objects.
Download Now Purchase Now
SQL Error 8992 – Major Reasons
There could be any of the following causes for receiving this error code,
- On updating the SQL Server Database, there are chances of inconsistency in the system metadata, causing the SQL Server to prompt 8992 error.
- When the system tables are updated and DBCC CHECKDB or DBCC CHECKCATALOG are executed on the SQL Server. Then, this can also cause 8992 SQL error.
- This error occurs when the system tables are manually updated in the SQL Server, as it does not support.
- SQL error 8992 arises when the DBCC CHECKDB command failed to repair the corruptions in the metadata.
Note: In order to update the system tables, it must be updated by the SQL Server Database engine only. A user can view the data in the system tables using the system catalog views.
How to Resolve SQL Server Error 8992 With Backup?
For users have taken the backup of the database which is free from any inconsistencies. Then, it can be restored with the help of the backup. For that, follow the steps as given below,
- First of all, click on the name of the database which needs to be restored
- Then, right-click on the database and select Restore Database option
- Now, mark the checkbox for From Device option
- Then, browse the location of the BAK file and select the file type of Backup media as File
- After that, select the database to be restored and check the Restore option
- Under the list of options in the Restore pane, select Overwrite the existing database(WITH REPLACE) option
- From Recovery state section, select RESTORE WITH NORECOVERY option and click OK
- Finally, the data is successfully restored from the clean backup.
How to Fix SQL Server Error 8992 Without Backup?
For users who do not have a backup, it is advised to export the data to the new database. Now, migrate all the content of the updated database to the new database. However, it is not possible to repair the inconsistencies in DBCC CHECKDB which were found in the system catalogues using the Repair option. As the repair command is capable to restore minimum level corruption and fails to repair the severe corruptions.
Suppose if the users do not have a backup which is extremely the worst case. In addition to that, if the database has got inconsistencies as well. Then, what will be the solution and how could the user fix 8992 error.
Resolve SQL Error 8992 by SysTools SQL Recovery Software
The above discussed manual method does not pose a complete solution to fix SQL Server error 8992. This can be utilized only if there is proper backup having no inconsistencies. Therefore, the best alternative to resolve 8992 error code is by using SQL Database Recovery tool. It is a powerpack solution to troubleshoot different errors which is associated with the SQL Server Database. Moreover, it also allows to repair corrupt MDF and NDF database files and provides option to export the recovered database files to the SQL Server Database. It is compatible with different editions of SQL Server such as SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 / 2008 R2, 2005, 2000 versions.
Simple Working of SQL Recovery Software:
- The initial step is to download and install the tool
- Then, launch the software and open the corrupted MDF/NDF file
- There are two different scanning options i.e Quick and Advance or manually detect the MDF/NDF file
- Now, the software previews the components of MDF/NDF file. Click Export
- After that, choose the desired option to export the MDF file, i.e., in Live SQL Server database or as .csv script.
Let’s Wrap Up
This blog will help all the users who are facing SQL Server error 8992. The manual method does not demonstrate to offer a complete solution. Hence, it is recommended to use the professional software as discussed above. This versatile tool renders a simple and an interactive interface, by which even a naive user can easily fix the SQL error 8992 in some simple clicks. In addition to that, this utility can be easily downloaded and installed on the latest SQL Server 2019 and all the below versions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I export SQL data to the new database?
You can export the SQL data MDF and NDF files to the new database using the SQL repair tool. In this way you can repair and export the database.
Is there any alternate of DBCC CHECKDB in case to repair corruption in SQL Server database?
Yes, you can get help from professionals recommended tool like SQL Recovery. This will allow you to recover SQL database and restore it easily.