“Are you trying to migrate from Horde Webmail emails to Microsoft Outlook desktop application? You are at the right place. Just go through the article and read the complete guide for Horde to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 PST migration step by step.”
What We Have Covered?
About Horde Webmail
Real Queries of User
Solution for Horde to Outlook PST Migration
Steps to Import from Horde Webmail to MS Outlook
Before starting Horde to Outlook connectivity procedure, first let’s know about Horde Web Application.
Horde Webmail application a.k.a Internet Message Program (IMP). This is a free email client application available in c-Panel software. Using Horde webmail users can easily view, send or receive their emails. There are many more features available like calendar, address book, notes, tasks, and bookmarks. To know more about horde, you can visit its official page: https://www.horde.org/
Real Query from User: I have 21K+ emails in my Horde webmail account. Due to this Horde mailbox quota exceeded. I deleted some unwanted emails but horde mailbox still has the over-quota issue. So, I decide to import emails from Horde to Outlook application and delete the migrated emails. Is there any error-free solution for successful data migration?
Solution: Yes, user can easily migrate their data from Horde Webmail client to desktop based Microsoft Outlook application. To do this, you have to follow only 2 simple steps that are
Step 1. Export Horde Webmail data (in MBOX file) to Your Local Machine.
Let’s know how to export data from Horde Webmail to Outlook using above steps in next section.
How to Import from Horde Webmail Emails to MS Outlook?
There are 2 steps to pull Horde webmail. Let’s us know the step by step procedure for Horde to Outlook PST Migration.
Step 1: Save Horde Webmail Messages to Computer in MBOX format
1. First, you have to open your c-panel webmail by typing “yourwebsitename/webmail” or “IP address/webmail” (without quotes) in the search bar of your browser. For Example: abc.com/webmail or 11.11.11/webmail.
2. Immediately, it will be redirected to a new Window for entering the login details. See the below screenshot. Here, you have to option “Control Panel” and Webmail. If you want to login your admin account, then select “Control Panel” otherwise choose webmail for individual user email accounts.
Note: Sometimes, user may see the below Screenshot:
So don’t panic. Simply enter the email account details here to access Horde Webmails
3. Enter Credentials and Click on “Login” button.
4. Once you are logged into your Horde webmail account, then move your mouse to left Navigation pane and right-click on “Inbox” folder. Click on “Export” option from the drop-down list.
5. After hitting on “Export” option, a window will open (See below screenshot). User will see 2 options that are: “Download into a MBOX file”and “Download into a MBOX file (Zip compressed)”. Select as per you requirement.
Note: If you download MBOX in a Zip compressed format, then you have to extract it using Winrar tool. After extracting, open folder and access MBOX file.
Now the question arises that how much time will it take to save Horde Webmail on the machine?
The answer is quite simple. Time duration depends on the mailbox size. If you have large size of mailbox, then the process will take some time to complete.
Default Location of Downloaded INBOX.mbox in Windows 10: C:\Users\admin\Downloads
On the above location, you can find the Horde Webmail data in MBOX file format.
Step 2: Convert Horde Mail to Outlook
Finally, we have downloaded all the email data from Horde Webmail account into the computer as an MBOX file format using this method. Now, we have to convert Horde webmail downloaded file into Outlook PST format so that we can access it into Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Run SysTools MBOX to PST converter for Horde Mail. Step 2: Choose the Horde Mail MBOX file to export. Step 3: Preview emails in 8 different preview modes. Step 4: Export Horde Mail file into PST file for Outlook.
In the above article, we have discussed the Horde Webmail client application, the real scenario of Horde user, how to overcome with Horde mailbox quota exceeded and the perfect solution for Horde to Outlook migration step by step.
About The Author
Being a Chief Technical Operator, I am aware of the technicalities faced by the user while working with multiple technologies. So, through my blogs and articles, I love to help all the users who face various challenges while dealing with technology.