How to Transfer Emails From Horde Webmail to O365 Securely?
This write-up explores the best solutions to export your Horde webmail data to Office 365. In this article, we will discuss different solutions to accomlish the task. We will see a fully automated expert solution, its Mac OS-based alternative, and along with that, we will also take a look at a semi-manual approach to execute Horde to Office 365 migration process. So, read the entire blog and find out which solution best fits your requirements.
It has been a trend now to switch from one email client to another. Today, users want to work with all the applications available in the online marketplace place whether it is a webmail or cloud service. However, cloud services offer more security, more storage space, and more efficiency due to which webmail users are continuously migrating to cloud platforms.
So, if you are one among them who wants to move mailboxes from webmail service like Horde to Office 365 (Cloud Service) then, you can refer to this blog post as this will help you understand how to move Horde emails to Office 365 without any data loss.
How to Export Emails from Horde to Office 365?
For a secure and reliable process, numerous technical experts recommend the one and only SysTools IMAP to Office 365 Migrator. The tool is single-handedly the best solution available in the market. It offers a sea of impressive features that make it a magnificent option for users. Using the tool, users can migrate their data to Office 365 Regular, Shared, and In-Place Archive mailboxes depending on their choice. The software supports both selective and bulk migration user data, and that too, in a secure and hassle-free manner. In addition to that, the software is also highly compatible with all Windows OS versions, whether the latest or the older. Now, let’s move further and take a look at the steps to execute the process using the tool.
Also Read: How to import Horde emails to Outlook PST
Steps to Migrate Horde Emails to Office 365
- Download and launch the professional tool on your Windows OS machine. After that, select “IMAP” as the source platform and “Office 365” as the destination platform.
- Next, in the Workload Selection section, check the box for the “Email” option.
- If you want to migrate selective data, click on the checkbox for the Date Filter and provide your preferred timestamps in the “To” and “From” fields.
- Now, choose your preferred IMAP server from the dropdown list; choose the “Other” option if operating from any different IMAP server.
- Afterward, provide the Destination Admin Email and Application ID in the respective fields and click on the “Validate” button to validate all the permissions.
- Moving further, add users to the software by choosing either the “Import Users” or the “Download Template” option.
- After importing users, enter the “Source App Password” for the account/s you want to migrate. Doing so, click on the “Validate” button.
- Lastly, hit the “Start Migration” button on the top-right corner of the software screen.
And that are all the steps to successfully migrating your email data from Horde webmail to Office 365. Moving further in the blog, we have also shared some of the top features of this tool that set it apart from the other solutions available in the market.
Staggering Features of The Expert-Favorite Utility
This utility offers a surplus of amazing features that make it an expert favorite. In this segment, we have mentioned a few of its top features; let’s have a look at them.
- This utility is proficient in performing both selective and bulk migrations of user data to the Office 365 mailbox.
- It provides users with a Date Range Filter for executing selective migration in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Users also get the option to set priority for which user accounts they want to migrate to Office 365 first.
- To ensure zero data loss, the utility also offers advanced features like “Retry Failed Items” and “Re-Run Full Migration”.
- The utility is fully compatible with all versions of the Windows Operating System, whether the prior ones or the latest.
Now that we are clear on the reasons and features that make this utility an attractive choice of solution for users, let us move on and see the next approach to accomplish the task.
Export Horde Emails to O365 on Mac OS
If you are a Mac OS user who wants to export your Horde webmail data to Office 365, then opt for this SysTools Mac IMAP Migrator. The tool is specially designed to cater to Mac users in successfully exporting and migrating their data to Office 365 accounts. This utility offers multiple migration options to users like Delta, Retry Failed, Skip, and Full Migration. Moreover, it ensures preserving the folder structure and keeping the metadata the same throughout the procedure. In addition to that, the expert-favorite software is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 and all the above versions.
Workaround Solution to Migrate Emails from Horde to Office 365 (Semi-Manual Approach)
This next approach to accomplish the task is divided into two parts. The first phase is manual whereas the second phase involves using an expert-recommended solution to obtain the desired results. Follow the below-mentioned steps to transfer Horde mailbox data to Office 365.
- Step 1: Export Horde emails in MBOX format
- Step 2: Transfer Horde MBOX data into the Office 365 account
These are the two phases that make up this solution, let’s dive further into the article and look at the steps to take in order to execute this procedure.
Step 1: Export Emails from Horde into MBOX Format
- Login to Horde Web-based application through Webmail or cPanel
domain-name/webmail/ OR domain-name/cpanel/
- An interface will be opened from where you can see all the Horde emails.
- You need to right-click the folder which you want to export. If in case you want to export INBOX folder then right-click on it.
- From the next screen, hit the Export option
- A screen will appear through which you can select to download the compressed zip MBOX file or the uncompressed zip MBOX file.
- After choosing the appropriate option, click on the OK button.
This will provide you the backup of Horde emails in .mbox file format. Once you obtain the resultant files, it is time to move them into the destination Office 365 account.
Step 2: Move the Horde MBOX File into the Office 365 Account
To transfer Horde files to Office 365, you can use SysTools MBOX to Office 365 Migrator. This is a perfect tool to import MBOX files into an Office 365 account. You can easily export multiple MBOX files into O365 by using various advanced filter options.
4 Steps to Migrate Horde Mail to Office 365:
- Step 1: Run the software and “Add” the Horde MBOX file.
- Step 2: Select “Office 365” and apply filters.
- Step 3: Choose b/w “Impersonation” & “No impersonation”
- Step 4: Enter credentials and click “Export” to migrate Horde to Office 365.
Now, you can see all the emails of Horde in your Office 365 account.
So There You Have It
In this article, we discussed the top solutions for users to easily transfer data from the Horde web application to an Office 365 account. We discussed an expert-recommended automated software, and its Mac-based alternative, and along with that, we also discussed a semi-manual approach to accomplish the task. You can choose whichever solution best fits your requirements.