How to Migrate Emails from Becky Mail 2.74.02 to Office 365 Shared Mailbox & Primary Mailbox
Figure: Import Becky! Internet Mail to Office 365 Mailbox
Question by User:
“I have been using Becky Mail for quite a long time and want to switch to Office 365 Account. Could it be possible to import Becky! Internet Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox? Can I Migrate Emails from Becky Mail 2.74.02 to Office 365 Shared Mailbox & Primary Mailbox separately? What are the methods to export emails from Becky Mail to Exchange Online? What are the unique features offered by Outlook Online over traditional Becky! Mail?
Thanks in advance for your help.”
Becky! Internet Mail is a reliable desktop-based email program and comes with a lot of useful features. This email client support multiple accounts with the help of standard IMAP, POP3/SMTP protocols and also supports PGP encryption. But due to certain limitations and dependency on the platform, users are opting for cloud-based email programs.
Office 365 is a line of subscription services by Microsoft and offers you the latest and updated applications and services. Office 365 Outlook offers you to manage your emails, tasks, calendar, and contacts effectively in the cloud, thereby removing any dependency on a particular platform.
Why Should I Transfer Emails from Becky! Mail to Outlook Online?
Becky mail comes with a set of limitations that are causing users to shift to cloud-based Office 365.
Some of the main reasons given by users to transfer emails from Becky! Mail to Outlook Online are:
- Becky Mail does not offer a spam filter which leads to bad user experience. On the other hand, Office 365 provides an in-built anti-spam feature.
- The English forums are not active in this desktop email program.
- This traditional mail client restricts you to platforms whereas, O365 lets you store and manage your mail messages, calendars and address books from any location or device.
- Outlook Online offers fast connectivity, easier collaboration and proper arrangement of all data items in the mailbox. Not only this, you get multiple mailboxes like Shared Mailbox, Groups, Public Folders, etc. which is not available with desktop email client.
- Unlimited data storage means better a user experience. Office 365 allows you to manage and store bulk data which isn’t possible with this Becky mail.
- Most of the companies are opting for a cloud-based platform like Office 365. This service allows the employees to work with any machine or operating system, as they are no longer dependent on a platform. Exchange Online helps in saving the crucial time and resources of the organizations and provides updated features that improve productivity.
Methods to Export Emails from Becky Mail to Exchange Online
As there are multiple reasons to shift to advanced Office 365 Webmail, let’s understand the methods to export emails from Becky Mail to Exchange Online. There are two ways to perform migration – Manually or using a Migrator. For both the methods, you need to extract the emails from Becky Mail client to your Windows machine.
The manual migration method is lengthy and has its own drawbacks. The most common issues with manual method are:
- The manual method is prone to errors. Therefore, there are fewer chances of obtaining 100% precision and accuracy.
- It is essential to be aware of the technicalities of the entire process.
- It is not feasible to export an unlimited amount of data which causes bad user experience.
- You need to have enough time and a dedicated person to carry out the entire migration procedure.
- One wrong step and you might lose your crucial data.
Automated Method – Using a Software
As the manual method is difficult to carry out, you can simply go for a third-party tool and get output in a few minutes. You can import Becky! Internet Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox using a SysTools MBOX to Office 365 Conversion Tool. A lot of users and organizations and users are choosing this tool to get precise and faster results. This tool facilitates data migration in two ways – to Primary Mailbox and to Shared Mailbox. Let’s understand them in detail:
Connect Becky! Internet Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox
- Launch the tool on your local machine.
2. Pick ‘Add File(s)’ or ‘Add Folder’ as needed and proceed.
3. Select the folder/ file from the system and click on the ‘Open’ button.
4. The interface will show the selected data. Hit the ‘Next’ button.
5. Office 365 will be automatically selected. Click on the ‘OK’ button.
6. The tool shows two options – Impersonation and Without Impersonation.
7. Impersonation option – To use this feature, the account of the Admin must be impersonated to perform the conversion. Add the credentials of Office 365 Admin in the given section.
8. After entering the Admin Id and Password, enter the Office 365 Id where the data is to be migrated.
9. Without Impersonation – Enter the Office 365 User Id & Password where you want to see the output.
10. Authenticate the Id. Click on ‘Apply Filter(s) option if you want to filter data based on date range/ date.
11. Click on ‘Export‘ and start the process. The migrator will show you the progress of migration with the help of live progress bar.
12. Save the report in CSV if required.
13. Log in to Office 365 account with the Id where the result is needed. Check the output in the Primary Mailbox.
Convert Emails from Becky Mail to Office 365 Shared Mailbox
- Download and install the software on your Windows machine.
2. Pick “File” or “Folder” as per your requirement.
3. Browse the respective file/ folder from the machine and select ‘Open‘.
4. Pick ‘With Impersonation” option and add the credentials of Office 365 Admin.
5. In the next row, Put the “Shared Mailbox ID” and authenticate it.
6. Choose ‘Apply Filter(s)‘ if you want to migrate selective data as per date or date range. Hit the ‘Export’ button to start the process.
7. You can Save the end report in the desired location and even download in CSV format for future reference.
8. Log in to Office 365 with the ID that is already a member of Shared Mailbox.
9. Check the Output in the Shared Mailbox.
- Shared Mailbox should be created in Office 365 and the required members should be assigned to it, before performing the migration using this tool.
- Log in to Office365 using the Id that is already a member of the Shared Mailbox. Otherwise you will not be able to see the output.
Top Benefits Offered by Converter
- Performs Error-free and faster Migration.
- Technical Knowledge not required.
- Does not compromise data integrity.
- Safe and secure to use.
- The hierarchy of the folder is maintained.
- In-built Filter to migrate selective data.
- Data transfer using Impersonation and Without Impersonation.
- Facility to Migrate Bulk Data.
- Provides support for all Windows and below versions.
The Final Words
It is the need of the hour to shift from desktop-based email clients to cloud-based Platforms. Using the manual method to import Becky! Internet Mail to Office 365 Primary Mailbox is a long process. It requires you to be technically sound and comes with a set of limitations that are hard to ignore. Therefore, it is convenient to choose a tool to migrate Emails from Becky Mail 2.74.02 to Office 365 Shared Mailbox & Primary Mailbox. You can try out the tool and get a better idea about its features and functionality.