What to Do When Office 365 Export Application Cannot be Started?
Office 365 is the popular application that provides various services for both personal and business users. It also stores a large number of files, emails, calendars, events, contacts, applications etc. But, storing the crucial information in the cloud may increase the chances of data loss and leakage of personal data on the web. So, users want to save their Office 365 data in the PST format. Generally, it is done by using the inbuilt feature of Office 365 i.e. eDiscovery PST Export tool. But, sometimes users notice that Office 365 Export application cannot be started. In such case, it is very difficult to migrate the Office 365 mailbox data to PST format. Let’s understand this problem with the help of a user’s query.
“I am using Office 365 application and I need to save all mailbox data into PST. So, I tried to open the inbuilt eDiscovery Export Tool of Office 365, but I found an error message that the eDiscovery PST Export tool cannot be started. Can you please suggest me the best solution to export Office 365 Online mailbox to PST format without using eDiscovery PST Export tool. Your helpful suggestions will be appreciated.”
There are multiple users who have faced the same problem like this. Thus, in this section, an automatic solution is mentioned which is used to migrate Office 365 mailboxes to PST file format when eDiscovery PST Export tool does not start properly.
Why Office 365 Export Application Cannot be Started?
There are many things that can be a reason of issues created in working of eDiscovery PST Export tool. If one or more of the following conditions are true, then eDiscovery PST Export tool cannot be started:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 9.0 or its above version and you have not installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later.
- If you are using an outgoing proxy server and the connection times out.
- You do not have the Click Once browser extension installed and you are using a third-party browser.
- If the local intranet zone settings are not set up correctly in the Internet Explorer browser.
Alternate Fix For eDiscovery PST Export Tool Stops Working
There are many scenarios where Office 365 Export application cannot be started, or it does not work, hangs, opens slowly, or fail to perform the migration. In this case, users need to take help from the third-party software. One of the best tools that are available in the online market is SysTools Office 365 Migrator tool. This utility will help users to export Office 365 Online mailbox to PST file without using eDiscovery export application. It also allows migrating selective data from Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST format without any data loss. The tool provides an option to apply date filter and gives multiple naming conventions. Moreover, this software is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows like Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Migrate Office 365 Mailboxes to PST by Using Office 365 Migration Tool
Users can export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST in two different manners. They can either use an admin account for migration or perform the Office 365 to PST conversion without using the admin account. First of all, download, install the O365 Exporter application.
- Click on the Login Button.
- Then, enter the Email id and Password of admin account and click on the Sign-in button. Make sure to check “Is admin” option.
- Note: If you do not want to use the admin account, then enter credentials of user account and do not check “Is Admin” option. Then, the tool will show you the folder hierarchy of each id that has been added to the tool.
- Now, under Select Email format, choose Microsoft Outlook (PST) option.
- To split large size of PST file, you can select Split options for Outlook data file.
- Under the Select Categories, you can select any option to export data from Office 365 to PST format.
- In this step, click on the Browse button to get the final location for saving PST file.
- After selecting the destination path, click on the Start button.
- Now, Office 365 Export process will start.
- Office 365 Export process has completed successfully.
- After that, click on the Save Report button to save the report in CSV format.
- Finally, the report will be saved successfully, then click on the OK button.
Office 365 has an in-built eDiscovery export tool, which is used to migrate Office 365 mailbox to PST format. But, sometimes users face an error “Office 365 Export application cannot be started” when they try to start converting Office 365 mailboxes to PST. In order to resolve this problem, users are needed to opt a reliable third-party tool like SysTools Office 365 Migration Tool. This application can easily migrate all mailboxes from Office 365 to PST file format. Hence, people are advised to take help from this convenient automated software without facing any hurdle.