Why Adobe PDF Page Extraction Not Allowed- Problem Fixed
A PDF is the most popular portable document format that is developed by Adobe. It is a platform-independent document that can be easily carried anywhere. However, a PDF file is able to save text, image, graphics, hyperlinks, etc. and it can be viewed or printed on any platforms. A PDF file may contain lots of personal or confidential information. So, most of the time PDF files are secured with restrictions. That is why many users find that the Adobe PDF page extraction not allowed. Therefore, in such cases, it needed to remove protection from Adobe PDF document so as to enable page extraction in PDF file. Hence, in this blog, we will guide how to perform this task by using various methods.
Reasons Why PDF Security Page Extraction not Allowed
When people download any PDF file, it may possible that they are secured with certain restrictions. This is a common thing because everyone wants to keep safe their file. They protect their crucial information in PDF file with the help of security permissions, so that it can be safe from any unauthorized access. However, protection is good, but because of PDF security settings page extraction is not allowed. Therefore, to fix this problem it is necessary to enable page extraction in PDF by removing security. In the next blog section, we have discussed a simple method. So, continue reading the blog.
Resolve Adobe PDF Page Extraction Not Allowed Issue
SysTools PDF Security Unlock Software application can be used for the resolution of the problem. It is available on the internet and you need to install it on your computer system. This software is very useful to enable page extraction in PDF files. Moreover, there are many more advanced features integrated with this utility i.e.
1- Allows all owner level security permissions
2- Support to unlock known user-level protected PDF
3- Process PDF files having 128 / 256-bit encryption
4- Available for both Windows as well as for Mac OS
For Windows Users
For Mac Users
Steps to Enable PDF Extraction Permissions
Follow these simple steps to allow page extraction permissions from PDF documents:
1- Launch, Install and run the application
2- Click on Add Files / Add Folder option to select PDF files
Note: If the file is protected with user-level security then, enter the password.
3- Choose either “Save” or “Print” option
4- Click on the Change button & select the destination folder
5- Now, click on the Unlock button to begin the process
6- Finally, the process completion message will be displayed
Now, open this unlocked PDF document and extract pages from it.
Perform PDF File Page Extraction by Different Solutions
After enabling the page extraction permissions in PDF files, now you can easily extract pages. For doing this, there are many solutions available. Some of the appropriate methods are discussed here. Go through this and you can use any of them.
Solution #1: Acrobat Professional on PC or Mac
- First of all, launch the Adobe Acrobat Professional tool and click on the Open button to open the PDF document that you want to extract.
- Now, click on the Pages tab that is left of the Adobe Acrobat window. Now, the PDF page is displayed as a thumbnail image.
- After that, set up your pages. For this, go to the Pages panel and drag the thumbnail images of the PDF pages that you need to extract.
- In this step, go to the Document menu, click on the Pages icon. After that, select the Extract Pages option.
- Now, you need to set the PDF page range. If the page range showing in the Extract Pages dialog is not correct, then you should enter the correct page range.
- Further, if you want to delete the extracted pages from the original document after extraction. For this, select the “Delete Pages After Extracting” checkbox. If you want to save the extracted file in the new file then you can click on the checkbox next to Extract Pages As Separate Files.
- Next, click on OK to extract the specified pages.
Note: By using Adobe Acrobat Pro users can also fix Adobe PDF Page Extraction Not Allowed issue. But, this it is necessary to have its full version.
Solution # 2: Using Google Chrome
- At first, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Then, press Ctrl + O to open the PDF file which you want to extract.
- Now, enter the filename and click on Open button.
- After that, go to the menu that looks like 3 little black bars and Select the Print option.
- Further hit on the button that says “change” next to “destination” and Select “Save as PDF“.
- Now, type your desired page range and click on the Save button
- Finally, your required PDF pages will be saved at the new desired location.
Solution # 3: Preview on the Macintosh
- Open the document whose pages you want to extract and click on the Thumbnail button.
- If you have various pages and you want to extract to a single file, then drag the pages together. Alternatively, you can press Shift + Click key to select all the pages you want to extract.
- Now, choose “Selected Pages” in the sidebar if you have selected the pages that you want to print.
- At the bottom left of the print dialog, click on the PDF button, then select “Save as PDF“
- Finally, navigate to the location where you wish to save the file, give it a name, and save at the desired location.
In this blog, we have discussed the “why Adobe PDF page extraction not allowed” issue and the reasons behind this problem. Apart from this, we have also mentioned the best method which can easily enable page extraction in PDF document. After using the professional tool described in the blog users can use any method for PDF file page extraction.