Understand How to Break VBA Password in Excel 2016, 2019
VBA (Visual Basic for Application) is a component of MS Office and used by Microsoft application such as Excel, Word, etc. It is a filename extension for visual basic file and also contains the visual basic code. This file can be used to add functionality to Office suite and automate routine tasks in Microsoft Excel. But, sometimes the user may forget or lost VBA password and now users try to crack that password. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss all possible ways to let users understand how to break VBA password in Excel 2016, 2019 without any difficulty.
Prerequisites Before Executing Manual Approach
- Initially, you have to take a complete backup of VBA files
- XLSM files are similar to XLSX files but you must enable the macros to make .xlsm files as .xlsx.
Manual Methods to Break VBA Password in Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or 2003
Go through the following workarounds that will help to crack the VBA password manually. Let us have a look:
Swap Password with Hex Editor
- Create the new Excel file (XLS) using any kind of Hex editor
- Then, you need to set a specific password in VBA field (Alt + F11)
- After that, you can save that file and press Exit
- Next, open a file which you have lately created with the help of the hex editor
- Copy each line starting with the given below keys:
- Using Hex Editor, you can open a file in which you want to break the password and paste these copied lines from a dummy file
- Now, you will save the Excel files and, then exit to break VBA password in Excel
- Open the Excel file where you wish to see the VBA code and next, use the common password that you have already used for dummy VBA file in the previous step
Using WinZip / WinRar
- Change the file extension of .xlsm into .zip
- Through the WinZip / WinRar, start the ZIP file and then, select the .xl folder
- Now, you extract the vbaProject.bin file and, then open that file in Hex Editor
- Search and replace the DPB with DPx and save that particular file
- Under the Zip file, you can replace the previous vbaProject.bin file with this latest one
- Again, you have to change the file extension from ZIP to XLSM file
- Start the Visual Basic in MS Excel, choose Tools and VBAProject Properties. Then, select Protection Tab and now, you can add a new password and save .xlsm file
- Close and re-open the VBA file with a new password.
- First of all, you can open the workbook in which all protected sheets are available
- Press Alt+F11 to verify or open the Visual Basic Editor. Next, type Insert-Module and paste the following code into the right corner of the window
- Now, close VB Editor screen and navigate to the worksheet that you wish to unprotect
- Type the Tools-Macro-Macros and then double-click on the password breaker in the given list.
Professional Way to Break / Open VBA Password in Excel 2016
If the above-described methods do not work well then, users can take help of an automated solution. Out of which, one such application is the VBA Excel file Password Breaker tool. It is specially programmed to retrieve lost or forgotten password of VBA files without any data loss. It also supports different MS Office files like .xls, .xla, .doc, .mdb, .dot file type. The best part of this tool is that it eliminates old password and generate a new VBA Project password. It has an easy-to-use interface even a technical knowledge is not mandatory while using this tool. Here the complete working steps of the tool are listed below:
- Then, choose MS Office VBA Project file like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. Click the Browse button to choose the VBA Project file
- Now, you can select the VBA project files and press Open
- Finally, the tool will automatically show the new password
Let’s Wrap Up
There are many people who have lost or forgotten their VBA password. Therefore, in this blog, we have mentioned some methods through which users can break VBA password in Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or 2003. In case if the manual ways do provide precise results. Thus, we have suggested a trustworthy and instant solution, i.e., VBA Excel Password Breaker software. With the help of this utility, users can restore lost password in a trouble-free manner.