How to Recover Outlook Contacts from Backup (BAK / PST) File ?
Either it is due to user mistakes or due to some technical fault, there is a higher chance of data loss in Outlook file. The corruption or accidental deletion items can result in data loss. Especially when it comes to the loss of contacts, it becomes more hectic in communication. Here see how to recover Outlook contacts from Backup file (BAK / PST) easily. Retrieving lost or damaged data is always a big headache. So in this blog, we are going to discuss some easy solution which can act as a cure for this technical headache.
But first, we will know, what are the common scenario which may result in the requirement of recovering Outlook contacts.
- You are not able to see the major contacts due to a corrupted outlook PST file
- You want to recover a contact that is still available in your deleted item folder
- You want to recover a contact that is no longer in your deleted items folder
Scenario 1: Recover Outlook Contacts from Backup, When PST is Corrupted
There is 2 scenarios: First, PST file is corrupted and user is unable to access contacts from it. So the user needs to retrieve contacts from PST file backup. Second is, the user has tried to fix the Outlook PST file using ScanPST.exe (Inbox Repair Tool) and have a BAK backup file in the system. And now, the user needs to recover Outlook contacts from backup BAK file. Here in this Scenario 1, we will how to restore Outlook 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 contacts from backup file easily.
Outlook Repair Solution – Fix & Recover Data from PST / BAK file
MS Outlook stores all its mailbox data, which includes emails, tasks, notes journals, calendar, contacts, etc. in a personal space known as PST (Personal Storage Table) file. So if you are not able to access the Outlook contact list, then it can be due to a corrupted PST file. By repairing the corruption in the PST file, you can retrieve all your Outlook contacts and contact groups. Now the question arises is, how?
For achieving this target, to recover Outlook contacts from backup, we need an extra powerful tool by SysTools for repairing Outlook data file, called Outlook PST Recovery Tool. It can retrieve data from the PST file as well as from Outlook BAK files. The tool not only repairs highly corrupted PST files but also recovers hard deleted data items easily. It has the capability of recovering your lost emails, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, journal attachments, etc.
The software can restore Outlook contacts from a backup file in few simple steps. After recovering Outlook contacts data, it will let you save your Outlook data in PST, EML, MSG, PDF, HTML or directly into the Office 365 account. You can easily retrieve contact information from a protected PST file without providing any credentials. Download the application and recover your lost contacts from Outlook data file easily now:
Tool Tip: Want to recover contacts from Mac Outlook, then you can try Mac Outlook Recovery Tool. The tool is capable to recover contacts from Outlook OLK14. OLK15 and OLM file without any hassle.
4 Steps to Recover Outlook Contacts from Backup:-
- 1: Download & open Outlook File Recovery Tool
- 2: Add BAK / PST file and click Advanced Scan mode
- 3: Preview your Outlook contacts in scanned file
- 4: Save recovered contacts in a new PST file
How to Restore Outlook Contacts from Backup (BAK / PST) File? – In Detail
- Step 1: Download, Install and run the Outlook Backup Restore Tool.
- Step 2: After completion of installing open the software you will see this image, click on the Add File button to start the process.
- Step 3: To add PST / BAK file into the software, when the window pops up, you can select one of the given options like Select File or Search File option to load PST / BAK files into the application. This option help users to choose multiple PST / BAK file together, and you can recover Outlook contacts from backup file in bulk.
- Step 4: It also provides you the feature of “Advance scan mode” to recover Outlook BAK / PST files which are highly corrupted. This will also help you to recover deleted emails from Outlook PST file.
- Step 5: After the scanning process, the software provides you the feature to show the files in Normal view, HTML, MIME format, and many more. It also lets you see the Message header & embedded Attachments in your backup file (PST / BAK
- Step 6: The application displays deleted contacts in Red Color in the preview panel. So that the user can easily identify the recovered deleted contacts from a PST / BAK file.
- Step 7: Select the Export Button to migrate all recover Outlook contacts from backup file into a PST file or to various other file formats like: PDF, MSG, EML, HTML, Office 365, etc.
Scenario 2: Recover a Contact that is Still Available into your Deleted Item Folder
Whenever someone delete an Outlook contact from the account, it is moved to the Deleted Items folder in your mailbox. The Deleted Items folder is the first place you want to look if you’re trying to find a deleted Outlook contact. Restore Outlook contacts easily from Deleted Items Folder.
Scenario 3: Recover A Contact That Is No Longer In Your Deleted Items Folder
If you can’t find a contact in the Deleted item folder, the next place to look for is a recoverable item folder. It is basically a hidden folder where all the hard deleted contacts are moved.
The above given 2 scenarios are for users who has deleted their Outlook contacts. The user who is having a normal PST file (relatively smaller in size) can recover Outlook contacts from backup file easily. They can import PST file back in their account.
Follow the steps to Import PST file in Outlook:
- Open Outlook > click on Select File option.
- Now choose Open and click on Export > Import/Export.
- Choose Import from another program or file > click on Next.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option > click on Next.
- Now browse your backup PST file from which you need to restore Outlook contacts from backup file. Then choose Next.
- Provide password of PST file (if there) and continue importing process. Click OK.
This article comprises a complete solution to recover Outlook contacts from backup file (PST / BAK) using a convenient automated application. Along with that, we have also discussed about some manual solutions, which can be considered as a solution to restore contacts from Outlook data backup. In case if your PST is working fine and is small enough, you can go for Import PST option. Or if you have accidentally deleted your contact data and wants to restore from a previous backup (PST / BAK, large file / corrupted), choose the software. Now it is up to you to decide which method suits you better.