How to Recover Email from PST File? | Find a Right Way Here
In business communication, email clients play an important role. While sending and receiving emails, any sort of hindrance is not tolerated. But what if the file storing emails gets corrupted? Have you ever thought about how to recover email from PST files?
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most commonly used email services across the globe. So, this can be used mostly in every organization, whether a small company or a large enterprise. They may contain crucial information, hence they need to be kept safe from unauthorized access and unavailability. There are times when email messages from the PST file may get lost or corrupted. Thus many users are not able to access their emails. Now to access all the emails it is very important to recover corrupted PST files to restore emails from PST files without any data loss.
How Emails Get Lost / Corrupted from a PST File?
Go through various reasons that can cause PST file corruptions that result in deletion or damage of emails from PST files from the local system. And this will also help you to understand why we need to recover email from PST files.
- In prior versions of Microsoft Outlook, an ANSI PST file was created. There was a file size limitation for these PST data files. The maximum file size was 2 GB in old version. If this file size is exceeded, the .pst file end in file-size corruption. After that, the file cannot be accessed.
- Another situation is, an important email is misplaced or is accidentally deleted by the user.
The write-up explains the perfect and convenient solution to retrieve email from PST file.
How to Recover Email from PST File – User Query
Few real-time scenarios are discussed in the following section. The possible causes which result in the recovery of email from PST file are drafted in two user queries below:
“Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook for 3 years. Last week while deleting some irrelevant data, I mistakenly removed my important emails. Now I do not know what to do. Please, could you suggest me any method to retrieve emails from PST files.”
“A few years back, I was using Outlook 2003. Now, a case has reopened and an ANSI PST is to be modified. This increases the size of the file and results in over-sized file size corruption. The email file is damaged and it cannot be opened. Is there any way to extract email from PST file?”
After reading these queries, the need to recover emails from the PST file should be clear. In all these scenarios, users seek a single answer, “How to recover email from PST file without losing a single bit data?”.
Automated Tool to Recover Emails from PST File
The emails can be recovered using a third-party tool like PST Email Recovery Tool. Using this professional utility is the only way to extract data from lost, corrupted email items from PST files. This is a simple but smart software to derive data from corrupted and lost email files in a straightforward, simple, and user-centric way.
Benefits of Using This Automated Solution
The lost emails can be easily restored with the help of this commercial application. But, there are some additional benefits too, which are written as follows:
- Recover deleted emails from PST file
- Both ANSI and UNICODE types PST emails are supported
- Removes corruption from password-protected files
- Retrieve emails from PST file Without any limitations
- Remove email encryption in bulk
- Repairs corrupted Outlook PST files along with other data items
- Selective data can also be extracted using an email filter option
- Easily recover emails from the backup file
Best Tool to Recover Mac Outlook Emails Data
If you are a Mac user and want to restore lost or damaged data from Mac Outlook OLK14, OLK15, OLM file. Using this Mac Outlook Recovery utility you can restore Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes data in the minimal time span
Step-Wise Procedure to Extract Email From PST File
If any important email from the PST file is damaged or lost, it can be found back. For this, users have to follow these steps to recover email from PST file:
1. Click on All Programs and then, launch the PST Recovery Application
2. When the utility is opened, hit on Add File. It will display two options:
- Select File
- Search File
If the radio button corresponding to the Select file is chosen, browse the PST file. Select the desired PST file and click on the “Open” button
If the radio button corresponding to Search File is chosen, there are two more options for finding the PST file, i.e.
- Search All Drive: To find a PST file embedded within all the storage drives
- Search Selected Drive: To find a PST file embedded in a particular drive
3. Once the searching process is done, the tool will show the complete list of PST files stored on that specific drive
4. Now, the storage path of the PST file will be shown on the software screen. There are 2 distinct modes available for scanning:
- Quick: It enables faster recovery of emails in PST files. This option is helpful in the case of the slightly damaged PST file.
- Advanced: If the PST email is highly corrupted, then it is recommended to use this scanning mode. It can assist a user in deep data repairing tasks. The tool provides advanced scanning on the 64-bit operating system also.
5. Once the PST is selected, hit on the Add button to move ahead
6. This will start the scanning of the selected PST file
7. Once the scanning is complete, a message box will prompt confirming the success of the scanning procedure. If you want, the scanned report can be saved. Click on yes and no accordingly
8. All the added emails can be previewed on the product page. There are different viewing options available while working on the tool:
- Normal Mail View
9. From the left-hand side column, click on Mail to view only PST emails And now export these emails.
So by using this software, you can easily recover email from PST files. Now once the process is completed, then simply import the retrieved email from the PST file into your email application in the following steps.
Steps to Import PST File in MS Outlook Account
1. Open the email application, click on File. Then, click on Open & Export followed by Import/Export menu
Note: In Outlook 2010, 2007 – 2000, click on File and then, Import and Export
2. Select the option of Import from another program or file
3. In the next step, hit on Next button
4. Pick up the option of the data file (.pst) or Personal Folder File (PST), based on the version you are using
5. Then, click on Next again
6. Select Browse to search and choose the PST file from where you want to be imported
7. There are chances that the email client may look for the backup.pst file. But, you have to make sure that the Browse button is used for searching a PST file
8. Then, pick the required option like:
- Replace duplicates with items imported
- Allow duplicates to be created
- Do not import duplicates
9. Click on Next button
10. At last, hit on Finish
It happens many times that email files get corrupted. Or, there are chances that it might be removed mistakenly or lost. In all these cases, email files become out of the reach for the users. Hence, the need to recover email from PST file arises. The post explains the best possible method to restore emails from the PST files.