How to Transfer Documents From Google Drive to OneDrive for Business – Top 3 Ways Explained
OneDrive for Business often emerges as the most reliable solution for data backup and retrieval. It has made its position as the prime and first choice for cloud storage platforms. That efficiently caters to the needs of both business entities and enterprise users.
It offers various top-notch features such as modern data sync technology, seamless integration with Office 365, competitive pricing, and enterprise-grade security. In addition to this, it is a part of Office 365 productivity suite. Which is the most used suite in the modern days.
Because of all these, the users of Google Drive, often look for methods to easily transfer documents from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business accounts. Hence, in this write-up, we are going to explore the top three methods for effortlessly migrating G Drive documents to OneDrive.
Why Opt for Migrating G Drive Documents to OneDrive for Business?
Users, particularly in large enterprises, seek to migrate their documents from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business. The primary reason behind this move is OneDrive’s superior suitability for business collaboration compared to Google Drive.
- OneDrive ensures uncompromised storage space dedicated solely to business needs, unlike Google’s storage allocation shared across Gmail, Google+, G Drive, and other products.
- Microsoft Office, which supports OneDrive, is a desktop-based application, and offers a robust contrast to Google’s browser-based platform.
- Furthermore, OneDrive offers a range of subscription pricing plans, enabling a pay-as-you-go model, whereas Google provides only a single subscription plan.
It is evident from the above points that the Office 365 platform is well-known and established as compared to Google, which makes OneDrive the best choice for storing documents in the cloud.
Different Ways for Transferring Documents From Google Drive to OneDrive?
There are three different methods by which users can effortlessly transfer G Drive documents to OneDrive:
1. Migrate Google Drive Files to OneDrive: One At A Time
While migrating Google Drive documents to OneDrive, the users have to download every file from Google Drive. After downloading the files, it can be uploaded to OneDrive.
Follow the below-written steps to perform the task efficiently:
- Open Google Browser and login to your Google Drive and OneDrive accounts simultaneously.
- On the Google Drive page >> Select My Drive >> Choose the required files.
- Download the selected files.
- On the OneDrive page >> Select File >> Click New >> Create New Folder.
- Now, select the downloaded files and click Open.
2. Migrate G Drive to OneDrive: Promptly
Follow the set of instructions in order to move documents from Google Drive to OneDrive immediately:
- Sign in with Google account with the respective credentials.
- Select All Options and enable the Drive option.
- Hit the Next button.
- Skip Delivery Method >> Add OneDrive Option >> Link Account >> Create Archive File
- Now log in to your OneDrive account. All the files are now added to your Microsoft OneDrive account.
Limitations of the Manual Methods
The biggest drawback of the manual method of migrating Google Drive documents to OneDrive is that it is a lot more time-consuming as only one file document can be migrated at once. Internet connection plays a crucial role. Also, once the process to transfer G drive to OneDrive is interrupted due to power outage or internet bandwidth then, it cannot be resumed further. This can lead to loss of data possibly.
3. Quick Method: Transfer Documents From Google Drive to OneDrive
Many users are looking for a smart and reliable solution to migrate Google Drive documents to OneDrive account, the reason being the manual approach consumes time and requires an internet connection. SysTools Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator Software is said to be the best utility the perform the migration of documents from Google Drive to OneDrive.
It helps to migrate all Google Drive items like documents, photos, PDFs, .txt, .jpeg, MP3, etc., to OneDrive. It has a simple GUI which helps novice users to perform the migration. Bulk migration can be done so as to save the time and effort of the user. Also, password-protected files can be migrated to OneDrive from Google Drive without any data loss.
The overall working steps of the tool are discussed in the below section:
Step 1. Download, install and launch the software on your computer.
Step 2. Select the Source and Destination platforms as G Suite and Office 365.
Step 3. Select Document from the Workload Selection. Apply date filter if required.
Step 4. Apply filters of your choice and after that, enter the details for G Suite as a source from the Source screen. Click on Validate.
Step 5. After validating, move to the Destination screen. Enter the details carefully and validate again to provide permissions. Click on the Next button.
Step 6. At last, click on Users from the left panel of the software to fetch users. After the users are successfully added, click on Start Migration to migrate documents from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business.
Some of the Amazing Features Of Software
- Offers effortless migration of Google Drive docs to OneDrive.
- Bulk migration option for transferring multiple files and folders at once.
- Keeps file and folder structure to ensure organized data transfer.
- Supports various file types including documents, images, and videos.
- Incremental migration to sync newly added or modified files.
- Pause/resume functionality for flexible migration management.
- User-friendly interface for easy navigation and operation.
- Maintains file permissions and sharing settings during transfer.
- Robust and secure migration process with encryption measures.
In this detailed article, we have discussed the complete manual procedure by which we can easily transfer documents from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business. But, since every free thing has certain disadvantages. Similarly, the manual method also has some drawbacks. So, it is highly suggested to use the above software to simply migrate Google Drive documents to OneDrive for Business.