Not Implemented Error in Outlook | An A to Z Guide to Fix It
Outlook, if we say that it is one the most popular and most user-friendly email clients developed by Microsoft then I think I am not wrong. But we also know that nothing is perfect so is Outlook, it also has to face errors and bugs. And in this blog, we are going to cover the issue that is known as “Not Implemented Error in Outlook”.
This error takes place when you send and receive the email messages in your Outlook. Basically, it occurs when users try to send, receive, forward, and reply to the mail. In some worst-case scenarios many users not able to see their emails in Outlook. To understand the error let’s see the user query.
The above query is asked by the user on Microsoft Community and he is not the single who facing this issue. In our research, we have found that there are many users who encounter this issue hence, we decided to cover this topic. But, before moving towards the solution it is important to understand the reasons behind the error so, the picture becomes more clear.
Reasons Behind Not Implemented Error in Outlook
Outlook Not Installed Properly – Many users using two versions of Outlook in a single machine at the same time. So, if you have two different versions of MS Outlook installed on your system, then there is a high chance that you will face this issue. Moreover, if you have any issues with the properties of this email client or the settings are not compatible, you can expect the error.
Faulty Add-ins – To extend the capability of Outlook many users use Outlook add-ins. But sometimes if there are corrupted Outlook add-ins or plug-ins in your Outlook, then that may interrupt the flawless functioning of Outlook and cause not implemented error in Outlook.
Antivirus – Although antivirus is very important for our security and it is used for the protection of the system from an external virus, But sometimes it may also be responsible for the improper functioning of Outlook. And the reason behind it is, it scans the emails before sending or receiving them and that may cause disruption.
Windows Update – Many users said that they are getting this issue after updating Windows. So, if the error has started appearing just after you have updated Windows, then maybe the Windows update is the reason. Because we have seen that Windows updates are not always helpful and sometimes they may bring a bug into your system.
Outdated Outlook- Most software companies push the new update for their software. So that they can fix all the know bugs and errors. And if you are using the outdated versions of then there are chances that you will encounter this Outlook not implemented error.
Damaged Outlook File- There is also the chance that you are facing this issue due to a corrupted and damaged PST file.
Note: To repair damaged Outlook PST file you can try the best PST repair tool. This tool is capable to recover data from highly corrupted PST files in few clicks. To know all the feature of the tool try the demo version without spending a single penny.
Download Now Purchase Now
Now, we know the reasons that are responsible for this error. So, now we can try fixing them by applying the given troubleshooting methods:
How to Fix Not Implemented Error in Outlook Top Six Methods
Here in the section, we are going to discuss the best six methods to fix Outlook not implemented error. So go through this and find the best one for you.
Method 1: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
The first thing you have to do is open your Outlook program on Safe Mode before doing any changes in the Outlook program. Open Outlook in Safe Mode also helps you to understand the source of the issue. And to do this follow the below steps:
- Go to the Start button and right-click on it
- Now, choose the Run option from the list and type Outlook.exe /safe in Windows, then click on the OK button
Note: If you are not able to find the Outlook.exe/safe, then follow the path – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
- After opening Outlook try to send, receive, reply or forward and emails and check if you are able to do
- Now, you are able to send emails, then start to enabling the add-ins one-by-one and keeping checking able to sand message
Method 2: Repair Outlook Program
The first thing you have to do before doing any changes and modification in settings is to repair your Outlook program and to do this follow the below steps:
- Open the Control panel on your machine and after that go to Program and Features
- Now, find the Microsoft Office in the program list.
- After that choose the Change button from the command bar
- Once you have clicked on the Change button wait while the repair wizard
- Now from the repair wizard choose the Quick Repair option
- To start the process click on the Repair button and wait while the repair process runs
- The repair process is similar to the fresh installation process so follow the steps
- Once the repair process is completed restart the Outlook program to check the process still exists or not.
Method 3: Repair Corrupted PST File
As we said above in the reasons section the corrupted PST file is also the reason for the not implemented error in Outlook. So, it is very important to repair your PST file. Now, to repair the corruption you can use Outlook inbuilt repair tool that is known as ScanPST.exe. To use ScanPST.exe follow the below steps:
- First, close your Outlook program
- Now, go to the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16\
- Find the .exe file and double click on it open it
- Click on the Browse button to add the PST file
- After that click on the Start button to start the repair process
- Once the repair is completed click on the OK button
- Now, open the Outlook program once again to see the error still occurs
This utility only repairs minor corruption, not the major ones. So in this situation, you can use SysTools Outlook Recovery Tool. This tool is well capable to repair the corrupted PST file without any hassle. The tool has a feature to repair major corruption and restore the corrupted or damaged PST files. So, if not implement error in Outlook occurs due to corruption of Outlook PST, then this tool is really helpful for you.
Download Now Purchase Now
Method 4: Recreate the SRS File
SRS file stands for send and receives the setting file. Sometimes errors in this file also create this not implemented error in Outlook. Now, to re-create the SRS file follow the below steps:
- First, you have to go to the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\
- Now, find the SRS file and rename it
- Once done, restart Outlook to recreate the SRS file automatically
- After the SRS file is recreated, check if send/receive works
Method 4: Disable Faulty Add-Ins
As we said earlier that Outlook Add-ins is also responsible for this not implemented error in Outlook. Therefore, it is very essential to check if the Add-ins are the real cause for the same.
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook application and click on File and then click on the Outlook Options
- From the Outlook Options wizard, click on the Add-Ins tab and then click on the Go button
- In the next window disable the faulty Add-in and close the MS Outlook application
Method 5: Recreate Outlook Profile
If the above method not working for you, then one of the easiest method to fix the not implemented error in Outlook is by recreating a new profile as follows:
- First, navigate to Control Panel and then select the Mail option
- Now, select the option Show Profiles
- Click on the Add button to create a new profile and set up your account manually or automatically.
- At last click on the OK button to finish the
Method 6: Undo the Windows Update
If you recently updated your Windows and if your think that the Windows update is responsible for the error, you can uninstall the update. And to do this follow below steps changes as follows:
- Click on the Start button and choose the Settings icon
- Now, click on Update & Security
- After that click on the option View update history
- Now, choose the option Uninstall updates
- After that go through the list of updates installed you on the system
- Select recent update and click on the Uninstall if you think the update is creating the error
In the blog, we have discussed the reasons for Not implemented error in Outlook. In addition, we have also discussed the best six methods to resolve the issue of Outlook not implement error. So go through the blog and get rid out of this error.