Guide to Troubleshoot Outlook 2016, 2011 for Mac Keeps Asking for Password
Are you looking for a solution to fix Outlook 2016 for Mac keeps asking for password error? Then no look further! This article will explain a very effective method to resolve this issue. Keep reading this post till the end.
Most of the times, when Mac Outlook 2011 users enter the credentials while making a connection with Office 365. It will stop the authentication process and keeps asking for the password again and again. This problem occurs in Mac Outlook because of corruption in the Keychain Access program. Basically, it is a default application in Mac and used to save the information of email account login. So, whenever the problem arises in Keychain Access, Outlook 2016 for Mac Keeps asking for password office 365. Therefore, in this write-up, we are going to provide a relevant solution that will repair this issue easily.
Outlook 2016 For Mac Keeps Asking For Password – Real User Scenario
“Help! I am working in a reputed firm where we are using Mac system. Recently, some of our organization system attacked by the virus. The issue was easily resolved by formatting the Mac system. But, after the fix, when the employees connected to Exchange using Outlook 2016 Mac, it will repeatedly ask for the password. Also, I checked the profile configuration, they are all fine. Thus, I really do not understand, is this problem occurs due to a bug. If any of my technical friends know the exact reason and solution for this error, then please tell me. Any help would be appreciated!”
Now, let us know about the correct reason behind this glitch.
Why Does Mac Outlook 2016 Keep Asking For Password: Know the Reason
As all, we know that the Mac operating system is the best machine in terms of security and reliability among the globe. Adding to it, it provides an inbuilt password management program known as Keychain Access. Its function is to save all the password of Mac-based program like Mac Outlook password on the machine. However, due to unexpected reasons, Keychain Access can be easily damaged or corrupted and it will disturb the entire normal workflow. Similarly, in Mac Outlook, lots of duplicate tokens will appear in Keychain due to corruption. Unfortunately, it will lead to a complex situation, and confused with the authentic credentials. As a result, Keychain Access forgets the password for the multiple accounts and keeps asking for it. That is why Outlook 2016 / 2011 for Mac prompt for authentication while connecting with Office 365 profile.
Extra Tips: – Here in this blog you get a secure solution for Outlook 2016 for Mac Keeps Asking for Password error. But, your IMAP Outlook is working fine. Then Convert OST to PST format easily in a hassle-free way.
Steps to Fix Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps Asking Password of Office 365 Account
If the Keychain Access program is corrupted, then whenever the Outlook user is trying to connect with O365 on Mac platform, the password problem arises. As a result, Outlook 2016 for Mac keeps asking for password of Office 365 account. To troubleshoot this problem, users can follow the below instructions:
- First of all, if Outlook is open then close it.
- To initiate the process, start the Keychain Access with the help of following steps:
- Go to Finder application in macOS. Now, Using the Go menu, choose the Utility option.
- Then, double-click on Keychain Access. You have to write the ‘Keychain Access’ in the Spotlight Search bar.
- After that, to open the Keychain Access, double-click on it.
- In Keychain Access, the next step is to type Exchange and enter in the search field.
- Under the search results, select the data items to preview Account and then click on Delete. You have to repeat this step until all the old items related to Exchange deleted.
- After that, you have to type adal in the search bar.
- Now, choose all items that come under the type of MicrosoftOffice15_2_Data: ADAL:. Then, press the Delete button.
- Once the above-steps executed successfully, then type office in the search field.
- Choose the items that are named as Microsoft Office Identities Cache 2 & Microsoft Office Identities Settings 2. Afterward, hit the Delete button.
- Once all the above-steps performed accurately, then exit from Keychain Access.
It is evident from the above that Keychain Access is an important part of the Mac operating system. It keeps all the password in macOS. However, due to the creation of multiple tokens of the same kind in Keychain, Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac keep asking for password. Therefore, in this post, we have provided a method that fixes this glitch without any hassle. One can only need to follow the entire above-mentioned method sequentially.