How to Export Gmail Emails to MBOX File Stepwise? A Quick Guide
Query: I want to import my Gmail account emails into Mozilla Thunderbird. I know that Gmail exports its data in the MBOX format and Thunderbird supports MBOX file. However, I don’t know the exact procedure of exporting Gmail emails to MBOX file. So, how Can I export Gmail emails to MBOX file stepwise to the required format?
Let’s discuss both these methods one by one.
Solution 1: Software to Export Gmail Emails to MBOX File
An advanced tool which helps to get the backup of the Gmail data and provides exporting formats like MBOX, PDF, PST, MSG, EML etc. Also user gets the option called Delete After Download which helps in making the space by removing the emails in Gmail after taking the backup.
Recommended Solution: There are two solutions for exporting Gmail account emails to MBOX file format. The first is by using SysTools Gmail Backup Tool and the second is through Google Takeaway or Takeout.
Instant Steps to Transfer Gmail to MBOX
- Step-1. Launch Tool and type the password and ID.
- Step-2. choose MBOX as the exporting format.
- Step-3. Select the category to export Gmail to Mbox.
- Step-4. Now use the Browse Option to set the location.
- Step-5. Finally, click on the Start button.
Perform the following steps to port gmail emails to mbox:
- First download and run the Backup tool. Enter your credentials and log in to your Gmail email account.
- Select the MBOX file format option from the Select E-mail Format pane.
- Select Email, Contacts, Calendar, and Document items to export from Gmail account to MBOX.
- Note: If you want to export Gmail to mbox (mails only), then select the Email option only.
- To export Gmail emails to Mbox, Browse the location where you wish to save the export data.
- Click on Apply Filter to transfer only selective Gmail data to the MBOX file.
- Under Select Folders, you can choose which Gmail folder you want to export to MBOX format.
- Go to the Email Filter section, and select the time interval to export only selective Gmail emails to MBOX.
- Click the Start button to initiate the conversion process to transfer Gmail to MBOX. You can view the live progress report of the conversion process on your system’s screen.
- The Download completed successfully message appears after the completion of the conversion process.
- You can check that all your Gmail data has been saved in separate folders like emails, calendars, contacts, and documents at your selected location.
Solution 2: Transfer Gmail Data to MBOX Using Free Google Takeaway
This Google Takeaway or Takeout (https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout) is a free solution to export Gmail emails to MBOX file. In this solution, you have to sign in to your Gmail account from which you want to download Gmail emails to computer.
Here, we have read about two solutions to export Gmail to MBOX file format. The first solution is not free but it is the best solution for transferring Gmail emails to MBOX because it takes less time than Google Takeaway. Also, it provides the date filter option by which users can export selective data from their Gmail accounts.
Google Takeaway or Takeout takes much more time than the Recommended Solution. Also, it does not provide a date filter option and transfers only emails from the Gmail account to MBOX format. As a user, I would like to go with Solution 1 for conversion. You can decide as per your requirements.
Q1. How we can easily export Gmail to MBOX?
Here you can use any of the two options which we explained in this article. Use the free Google Takeaway or using the instant mail backup tool for Gmail.
Q2. Is there any limitation applied when using the software?
No, the tool has no limitation on taking backups from multiple Gmail accounts.
Q3. Is the tool available for the Mac users to transfer Gmail to Mbox?
Yes, this advanced and effective tool is available for Mac OS and Windows too.