How to Download Gmail Emails to Computer in Batch? Free Tool
Habitually downloading important data into a safe place always protect you from major data loss. Adopt the same habit with a Gmail account, frequently download Gmail emails in batch to computer to secure from data loss incidents. There are two methods to save all data from Gmail accounts.
Does the traditional method (Google Takeout Tool) work well with Gmail accounts or do we have to switch with new trends (Automation Solution)? Let’s see both methods and decide which one is best for regular backup?
In the coming sections, we cover the manual method (Free Google Takeout Tool) and an automated solution (Professional Tool) to download Gmail emails to computer in batch. But before proceeding further, know why regular backup is required or beneficial?
Also Get Solution to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook
Advantages of Download Gmail Emails to Computer
These are some requirements or benefits of regularly saving all emails from your Gmail account. Listed below:
Manage Free 15 GB Space: A free Gmail account provides only 15 GB. Regularly downloading and deleting emails from Google Server can save your free space. Download Gmail emails to a computer local drive to free up Gmail space.
Protect Valuable Gmail Emails: Regularly downloading your important Gmail account data can protect you from major data loss. Download Gmail emails to computer and encrypt them which saves them from hackers. Protect Your Valuable Emails with All Data:
Easily Share Downloaded Gmail Emails: Once you saved all your emails, you can easily share them with anyone in a readable format. All the downloaded Gmail data can be easily transferred between two systems.
Now, let’s move to the manual solution which is Google Takeout.
Google Takeout to Save Gmail Account Data
Google Takeout is a data backup solution for Google data including Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, etc. You can download all Google data or selectively save Gmail emails to a computer. Go to the official website and easily export Gmail emails using Google Takeout.
Follow the 6 steps to save all Gmail emails to a computer:
1. Go to https://takeout.google.com/ and log in with your Gmail account credentials
2. Next, Deselect the all selected option and select only Mail
3. In the next option, select All Mail Data included
4. Now select the File Type (.zip) and Size (2 GB, 4 GB, etc.)
5. In the next option, select the Delivery Method and choose to Send download link via email option
6. At the final step, click on Create Archive option to download Gmail emails to computer.
This is the only manual method to save all emails from a Gmail account to computer.
Also Read: Get Solution to Save Multiple Gmail Emails as PDF Format
Limitations of the Google Takeout Approach
Google Takeout is a free tool to download Gmail emails in batch, but it has many limitations. Let’s see:
1. Google Takeout solution does not allow you to download Gmail emails to computer that belong to others.
2. Folders that have been shared with you in Google Drive cannot be exported with Google Takeout, even if there are files you created in the shared folder.
3. Google Takeout free tool is limited to 2-3 download per day and maximum 7 per week for Gmail account data.
4. Data downloaded with Google Takeout sometimes fails, making it an unreliable free tool.
5. Data downloads are limited to a maximum of 50 GB/day even in .tgz format.
6. When exporting large files or folders, you may experience incomplete downloads of Google data.
7. You cannot create profiles for multiple Gmail users at the same time. Only valid account owners can create archive to save Gmail emails to computer. If the administrator needs to archive and download Gmail data, the administrator must have login privileges for a specific user account to create the archive.
Professionally Download Gmail Emails to Computer
Don’t take risk with your crucial data, Gmail is free, your emails not! Make proper plan and download Gmail emails in batch regularly. Opt SysTools Gmail Backup Software for Mac and Windows OS. The best Software solution to save all data from Gmail accounts to computer.
Download the tool on Windows and Mac OS to save all important emails from single or multiple Gmail accounts. Easy to use Software to download Gmail emails to computer in multiple file formats. You can use the solution for the regular backup process, also you can use the “Delete after Download” option. You can wipe out your Gmail account data from the Google server.
Data is important and valuable for all of us. But how can we protect our data? If we talk about Gmail data, then what solution do you prefer? Choose wisely the Gmail emails download solution. Regularly downloading Gmail data can protect you from future damage.
Google Takeout is a free tool to download Gmail emails in batch to computer. But it has various limitations like the daily download limit, shared folder excluded, 50 GB/Day limit, etc. Also, there is a chance of incomplete download data. To avoid the limitations, choose professional solutions.