How to Download Gmail Emails to Computer in Batch Using the Effective Solution
Habitually downloading important data in a safe place always protects you from major data loss. Adopt the same habit when it comes to learning how to download Gmail emails to computer, i.e., frequently download Gmail emails in batch to the computer to prevent data loss incidents. There are two methods to save Gmail emails to hard drive in the local system.
This blog covers the manual method as well as the automated solution to download Gmail emails to computer in batch. Before proceeding further, let us know why taking regular backups is considered so essential.
Also, Get a Solution to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook
Table of Contents:
The following write-up will discuss the process backup gmail emails to computer. Let us see the table of contents:
- Advantages of Downloading Gmail Emails to Computer
- Google Takeout Solution to Save Gmail Account Data
- Download Gmail Data to Computer in PDF Format
- Professionally Download Gmail Emails to Computer
- Conclusion & FAQs
Advantages of Downloading Gmail Emails to Computer
Taking a regular backup of your Gmail Emails on your Computer helps users to download all Gmail emails to computer along with:
Manage Free 15 GB Space: A free Gmail account provides only 15 GB. Regularly downloading and deleting emails from Google Server can save your free space. Download Gmail emails to a computer’s local drive to free up Gmail space.
Protect Valuable Gmail Emails: Regularly downloading your important Gmail account data can protect you from sudden and major data loss. Downloading Gmail emails to a computer and encrypting them saves them from hackers.
Share Downloaded Gmail Emails Easily: Once you download Gmail emails to hard drives, you can easily share them with anyone in a readable format. All the downloaded Gmail data can be easily transferred between the two systems.
Now, let’s discuss the manual solution for learning how to save Gmail email to desktop, Google Takeout, to download Gmail emails to computer in batches.
Google Takeout Solution to Save Gmail Account Data
Google Takeout is a data backup solution for Google data including Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, etc. You can download all Google data or selectively save Gmail emails to a computer. Go to the official website and easily export Gmail emails using Google Takeout without errors. Also, make sure to learn the technicalities of this method to download Gmail data to computer. Otherwise, users will have to face challenges they aren’t even aware of.
Follow These Steps to Save All Gmail Emails to a Computer:
1. Go to https://takeout.google.com/ and log in with your Gmail account credentials.
2. Next, click the Deselect All link to deselect all the selected options.
3. Select the checkbox beside the Mail option to download only the data of your Gmail account.
4. Select the All Mail data included to indicate that you wish to download the entire data present in your mailbox.
5. Now select the File Type as .zip and the File Size as 2 GB.
6. Select the Delivery method as Send download link via email.
7. Click the Create export option to download Gmail emails to your computer.
This is the manual method to save all emails from a Gmail account to computer.
Also Read: Get Solution to Save Multiple Gmail Emails as PDF Format
Download Gmail Data to Computer in PDF Format
Apart from Google Takeout, users can download single emails as well in PDF format if they want. The simple solution to download Gmail emails to hard drive in PDF is quite simple. Also, PDF file format is quite useful as it is supported on all OS without any hassles. It stores the data in a structured format.
Follow the below steps carefully to download all Gmail emails to computer without Errors:
- Open the Gmail Email that is required to save on your computer.
- Now, Hit the Print All Icon on the right side to proceed.
- Under the drop-down menu, Select the Save as PDF option.
- Click on the Save button to Download the emails to computer.
Limitations of the Google Takeout Approach
Google Takeout is a free tool to download Gmail emails in batch, but it has the following limitations:
1. Google Takeout solution does not allow you to download Gmail emails on a computer that belongs to others.
2. Folders that have been shared with you in Google Drive cannot be exported with Google Takeout, even if you have also created some files in the shared folder.
3. Google Takeout free tool is limited to 2-3 downloads per day up to a maximum of 7 per week.
4. Google Takeout sometimes fails to download the complete data, making it an unreliable free tool.
5. Data downloads are limited to a maximum of 50 GB/day even in the .tgz format.
6. When exporting large files or folders, you may experience incomplete downloads of Google data.
7. You cannot create profiles for multiple Gmail users at the same time. Only valid account owners can create an archive to save Gmail emails to their computer. If the administrator needs to archive and download Gmail data, the administrator must have login privileges for a specific user account to create the archive.
Professionally Download Gmail Emails to Computer
Don’t take risks with your crucial data. Gmail is free, but your emails are not! Make a proper plan and download Gmail emails in batch regularly. Opt SysTools Gmail Backup Software for Mac and Windows OS. The best software solution to save all data from Gmail accounts to computer.
5 Sep Solution to Save Mails in Desktop
- Step-1. Launch the tool to save emails to computer.
- Step-2. Enter the Login password and ID.
- Step-3. Select the category and format to export.
- Step-4. Select the location and apply the settings.
- Step-5. Use the “Start” button to download emails.
Download the tool on Windows and Mac OS to:
- Save all important emails from single or multiple Gmail accounts.
- Download Gmail emails to computer in multiple file formats.
- To take regular backups of your Google account data.
- Use the “Delete after Download” option to free up server space.
- Wipe out your Gmail account data from the Google server.
Now that we know how to download Gmail emails to computer. let’s conclude this article. Data is an important and valuable asset, which needs to be protected not only from hackers and malware but also from being accidentally deleted. This blog explained two ways to download and save the data contained in your Google account.
Google Takeout is a free tool but it has various limitations for learning how to download Gmail emails to desktop system. For example, the daily download limit, shared folder excluded, and 50 GB/day limit. The other way is to choose professional software solutions for a safe, complete and seamless data backup experience. This is a better choice to download all Gmail emails to computer in a safe manner.
Q1. How can I Download Gmail Emails to Computer?
You can simply use the Takeout to Save Gmail Account Data. To change the format use the backup tool to download the Gmail data in a specific format.
Q2. How much time does the tool take to get the backup in the PC?
It generally depends on the amount the data you want to download and the internet connection also requires to be faster.
Q3.Can we use this tool to download all Gmail emails in PDF format?
Yes, the tool provides an option to export the Gmail backup in PDF and other file formats.