How to Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive Easily & Safely?
Query: I want to transfer my Gmail emails to USB flash drive in one go. I was trying to do so, but no luck. Can anyone suggest to me how can I save all my Gmail emails to a Flash Drive?
Solution: You can easily and safely save your Gmail emails data into a USB flash drive, Pen drive, Flash stick, Thumb drive, Jump drive and Gig stick at once. For that, there are 2 solutions available. The first solution is provided by SysTools, which can transfer all your data to any external storage device in just a few clicks and the second is the manual procedure. You can choose as per your need.
Let’s describe both solutions one by one.
Professional Solution to Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive
Free try SysTools Gmail Backup Solution to save emails from Gmail into Flash Drive without any failure. This tool will help you save Gmail data into a Flash Drive.
Download the tool from the following button and save Gmail emails into Pen Drive safely.
Manual Solution to Copy Gmail Emails to USB Flash Drive
If you don’t want to use the above-paid solution, then you can go with the manual procedure for saving emails from Gmail to Flash Drive step by step. In this method, you have to configure your Gmail account with Microsoft Outlook. After configuration, copy the database PST file into the Flash Drive, Pen Drive, Thumb Drive, etc. Let’s start the procedure.
I: Check Gmail Account Settings
- Login to your Gmail account and click the Gear icon at the top-right corner. The Quick Settings panel will open.
- Click the See all settings tab.The Settings page containing all the tabs and controls associated with Gmail account settings appears.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Go to POP Download Section and select the Enable POP for All Mail option.
- Select Keep Gmail’s Copy in the Inbox from the drop-down list.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.
These settings will allow MS Outlook to access and save Gmail emails from the server.
Now, you need to add your Gmail account in Outlook.
Also Read: How to Download All Google Gmail Emails to Outlook?
II. Add Gmail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- Go to Control Panel >> Category (at the top-right side) and select Small icons.
- Find and Click on Mail option.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- A new window will open, click the Add button. Give a Profile Name and click the OK button.
- Select the Manual setup or additional server types radio button and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP from the Choose Service screen and click the Next button.
- Enter all details such as your name, Gmail email address, account type (POP3), incoming mail server (pop.gmail.com), outgoing mail server (smtp.gmail.com), and user name & password. After that, click the More Settings button.
- Go to Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Go to the Advanced tab. In the Incoming Server (POP3), check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and the port number will be automatically set to 995.
- In the Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter 465 for SSL and 587 for TLS. Click the OK button.
- Now click the Next button to complete the configuration.
- Click the Finish button.
After successfully configuring your Gmail account in Outlook, let’s now save emails to USB drive.
Also Read: How to Export Gmail Emails to PST?
III. Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive
Save emails from Gmail to flash drive through the Outlook application:
- Open Outlook. Go to File menu and select Open & Export. Click the Import/Export option.
- Select the Export to a File option and click the Next button.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click the Next button.
- Choose the Inbox folder and click the Next button.
- Browse the location to save emails and hit the Finish button.
As you can see in the following figure, all the emails from your Gmail account get saved at the specified location in the PST format.
Now, connect your USB flash drive to your PC to transfer the gmail.pst file, which contains all your Gmail emails along with their attachments. You can either Cut or Copy the gmail.pst file from your local system and paste it into the USB drive.
In the above article, we have explained two solutions for saving Gmail emails into a USB Flash Drive, Pen drive, Jump drive, etc. The first solution is automated, i.e., SysTools and the second is the manual procedure to save Gmail emails into USB Flash Drive easily.
A: By using Gmail Backup Solution, you can save emails in PST, EML, MSG and MBOX format.
A: You can easily save Gmail email to flash drive in five easy steps:
1: Download & Launch Gmail Backup solution
2: Insert the USB flash drive into your computer
3: Login to the tool & Select Category of files
4: Apply Filter and browse the Flash drive location
5: Finally, click the Start button to save emails.
A: Yes, the tool is also available for Mac users. Using Mac Gmail software, you can save emails in PST, EML, EMLX, MSG & MBOX format.
A: Use the Incremental feature of the tool to download new emails that you received after the previous backup process. You can also use Date Filter to save emails of a particular date.