How to Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive Easily & Safely?
Query: I want to transfer my Gmail emails to USB flash drive in one go. I was trying to do so, but no luck. Can anyone suggest to me how can I Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive?
Solution: You can easily and safely save your Gmail emails data into a USB flash drive, Pen drive, Flash stick, Thumb drive, Jump drive and Gig stick at once. For that, there are 2 solutions available. The first solution is provided by SysTools, which can transfer emails to flash drive in just a few clicks and the second is the manual procedure. You can choose as per your need.
Let’s describe both solutions one by one.
Professional Solution to Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive
Free try SysTools Gmail Backup Solution to save emails to USB stick (hard drive or USB) without any failure. This tool will help you save multiple emails to a flash drive. The tool come with the option to take backup and export in a different format which are: PST, PDF,
Download the tool from the following button and save Gmail emails into Pen Drive safely.
How to Transfer Emails to Flash Drive Using the Tool?
- Initially, install and open the tool enter the Gmail login details Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive.
2. once the login step is finished, select the Email format and the Category to backup and save multiple emails to a flash drive.
3. Set the path to export the backup emails in a particular folder using the Browse option.
5. Finally apply the required filters and use the Start button to save gmail emails to flash drive.
Manual Solution to Copy Gmail Emails to USB Flash Drive
If you don’t want to use the above-paid solution, then you can go with the manual procedure to save or transfer emails to flash drive step by step. In this method, you have to configure your Gmail account with Microsoft Outlook. After configuration, copy the database PST file into the Flash Drive, Pen Drive, Thumb Drive, etc. Let’s start the procedure.
I: Check Gmail Account Settings
- Login to your Gmail account and click the Gear icon at the top-right corner. The Quick Settings panel will open.
- Click the See All Settings tab. The Settings page containing all the tabs and controls associated with Gmail account settings appears.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Go to POP Download Section and select the Enable POP for All Mail option.
- Select Keep Gmail’s Copy in the Inbox from the drop-down list.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.
These settings will allow MS Outlook to access and save Gmail emails from the server.
Now, you need to add your Gmail account to Outlook.
Also Read: How to Download All Google Gmail Emails to Outlook?
II. Add a Gmail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- Go to Control Panel >> Category (at the top-right side) and select Small icons.
- Find and Click on the Mail option.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- A new window will open, click the Add button. Give a Profile Name and click the OK button.
- Select the Manual setup or additional server types radio button and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP from the Choose Service screen and click the Next button.
- Enter all details such as your name, Gmail email address, account type (POP3), incoming mail server (pop.gmail.com), outgoing mail server (smtp.gmail.com), and user name & password. After that, click the More Settings button.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Go to the Advanced tab. In the Incoming Server (POP3), check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and the port number will be automatically set to 995.
- In the Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter 465 for SSL and 587 for TLS. Click the OK button.
- Now click the Next button to complete the configuration.
- Click the Finish button.
After successfully configuring your Gmail account in Outlook, let’s now save emails to USB stick.
Also Read: How to Export Gmail Emails to PST?
III. Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive
Save emails from Gmail to flash drive through the Outlook application:
- Open Outlook. Go to File menu and select Open & Export. Click the Import/Export option.
- Select the Export to a File option and click the Next button.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click the Next button.
- Choose the Inbox folder and click the Next button.
- Browse the location to save emails and hit the Finish button.
As you can see in the following figure, all the emails from your Gmail account get saved at the specified location in the PST format.
Now, connect your USB flash drive to your PC to transfer the gmail.pst file, which contains all your Gmail emails along with their attachments. You can either Cut or Copy the gmail.pst file from your local system and paste it into the USB drive.
In the above article, we have explained two solutions to transfer emails to flash drives, Pen drives, Jump drive, etc. The first solution is automated, i.e., using a smart offline software and the second is the manual procedure to Save Gmail Emails to Flash Drive easily. To save multiple emails to a flash drive, you can use the automated backup tool for Gmail which makes it more easier to do.
Also Read: How to Backup Google One Data Locally on Desktop
Commonly Asked Questions
By using Gmail Backup Solution, you can save emails in PST, EML, MSG and MBOX format.
Yes, the tool is also available for Mac users. Using Mac Gmail software, you can save emails in PST, EML, EMLX, MSG & MBOX format.
Use the Incremental feature of the tool to download new emails that you received after the previous backup process. You can also use Date Filter to save emails of a particular date.