How to Save Multiple Gmail Emails as PDF? Stepwise Guide 2022
This article explains techniques to save Gmail emails as PDF documents. Here, we have explained in-depth details of methods for saving emails as PDFs with their advantages and shortcomings. So that you can easily understand the difference and pick out the right solution to solve your problem.
Table of Content
Query: I’m using Gmail email client service since 2011. So, I have lot of emails in my Gmail account. Now, I want to save all Gmail emails as a backup in PDF file format. I was searching for Gmail to PDF conversion option in my account, but was unable to find it. Please let me know how can I save Gmail as PDF (Portable Document Format) file stepwise.
Solution: The solution to export Gmail emails to PDF is quite simple. You just log in to your Gmail account. Open the email and search 3 vertical dots at the top-right corner. Select Print and click on Change. Choose Save as PDF option.
The step-by-step explanation to convert multiple Gmail messages into PDF format is below:
Manually Save Gmail Email as PDF
- Step 1: The first login to your Gmail account from you want to save Gmail to PDF
- Step 2: Open email one by one and search for 3 vertical dots at the top-right side of the email message
- Step 3: Click on 3 vertical dots, select the Print option from the list
- Step 4: Click on the Change button
- Step 5: Choose Save as PDF option to export Gmail emails to the PDF (Portable Document Format) file
- Step 6: Click on the Save button to convert Gmail emails to PDF files
- Step 7: Browse Location to Save Gmail email as PDF in Computer.
Limitations of Manually Exporting Gmail Emails to PDF?
The above method for Gmail to PDF conversion is good but not the best. Because, with the help of the above procedure, the user needs to save Gmail emails as PDFs one by one only. If the user wants to export multiple Gmail emails to PDF files, then the above solution will not work.
Method to Save Multiple Gmail Emails as PDF Files
The perfect solution to bulk export Gmail emails is SysTools Gmail Backup Tool. This application allows users to directly export all emails from the Gmail account into PDF files. The PDF files will contain all the attachments inside it and also maintains all the attribute of an email intact in a PDF file.
The generated PDF file will be saved with the same name as the Subject of an email. Additionally, while saving Gmail email as PDF, the user can use filters for saving selective emails of a folder in a PDF file.
Steps to Save Gmail Emails as PDF File:
- Download and Install the Software
- Enter the Gmail account credential for login
- Select the “Email format as PDF” & Apply
- Browse the destination location for the PDF file
- Click on Start button to saved Gmail emails in PDF file format.
Note: If you want all the exported emails in a single PDF file, then use SysTools PDF Merge Tool.
Benefits of Automated Solution
- Save multiple Gmail emails to PDF in one go.
- Naming convention option to save PDF with different name
- Folder filters to save emails of particular folder in PDF files
- Advanced date filter to save emails of particular date-range
- Option to save attachment of each email in separate folder
- Download the exported emails at desired location
- Save contacts and calendars as PDF documents as well.
- Freely save emails in other popular file format.
In the above article, the user will find how to save Gmail email as PDF (Portable Document Format) files stepwise using a print option. Also, the limitation of the manual procedure and how to overcome it with the suggested software solution has explained in this blog. Try the demo version of the tool to export 100 Gmail emails to PDF format for free.