Rebuild Outlook Email Profile from Scratch
The MS Outlook is one of the most commonly used email client that provides emailing service and several functionalities like calendar, task management, contacts, notes etc. Outlook is mainly used by professional and Enterprise level users as it gives many superior features like MS office applications that other email client does not support. The MS Outlook stores all data items associated to an Outlook profile in a single data file called Personal Storage Table (PST). Sometimes, due to any issues related to the Outlook email profile, we can delete and recreate the new Outlook profile. In the blog, we will be discussing the way to recreate or rebuild the Outlook email profile.
Reasons for Recreation of Outlook Email Profile
An MS Outlook Email Profile consists of combined settings and files that supports multiple configured accounts. A single mail profile may have single or more mail accounts of different account types like POP3, IMAP, Exchange, etc. However, sometimes we need to recreate the current profile or create a new additional mail profile. Some reasons for rebuilding the Outlook Email Profile are as follows:
- Current Outlook Email Profile is damaged
- Switching from one Outlook version to another
- To create separate accounts for work & personal use
- Separately manage an additional Exchange mailbox.
- For trial purposes
Quick Solution: Damaged Outlook profile sometimes might result corruption in PST file. To overcome this situation, use Outlook Recovery tool. It resolve all corruption related issues to PST file of any Outlook version.
How to rebuild Outlook Email Profile
We can recreate an Outlook profile by following the below steps which are as follows:
- Outlook Mail Profile can be managed in any system with the help of Control Panel. The location of control panel depends on different versions of Windows.
- Select Mail from the control panel items and click it. A new pop up window will appear.
- From the Mail setup, click on ‘Show Profiles’ button and select it to manage the Outlook mail accounts.
- We will select the profile we want to delete. Here the account to be deleted is Outlook, After selecting the account, click on Remove and OK
- Now we will add a new Outlook Profile by selecting Add button from the Mail window.
- A new window will be opened after clicking on Add button. Write a new profile name and click on OK. Here the profile name is OutlookNew.
- A new Add account window will be opened where we need to add name, email address, password and Click on ‘Next’
- After clicking Next, the configuration process will start and once the account is configured successfully click on Finish
- After adding the additional mail profile, we should configure Outlook to prompt us for which profile we want to start Outlook. We must restart the MS Outlook and select the new profile while opening MS Outlook and click OK.
Hence, the new Outlook Email Profile has been created which can be accessed in MS Outlook by selecting the particular profile.