Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive With Attachments – Three Best Techniques
User Query 1: “My laptop is having some issues regarding Outlook for the last few days. Though most of the applications are running fine, Outlook and two other programs are not running. The technician suggested that it can be due to some virus attack and asked to save the Outlook emails for safety. Is there any easy way to save Outlook emails to hard drive. If yes, then please let me know.”
User Query 2: “Due to some hard disk error, I need to change my hard disk and transfer all my data to a new hard drive. Since I am an Outlook user, all my Outlook data is stored in the HDD. I am looking for a solution to backup emails from Outlook to hard drive. If any member of the forum is aware of any methods, kindly share with me. Thanks in advance.”
Queries similar to the above-mentioned ones are very common these days. The reason might be that more people are getting interested or facing the need to save Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 emails, contacts, calendar to hard disk. If you have the requirement but do not know the solution, your trouble knows no bound. To address this problem, this post will talk about how to save emails from Outlook to hard disk. Before the main discussion, we will see why people want to save Outlook data in a hard drive.
Why Users Want to Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Here are some of the main reasons why people may need to export Outlook contacts and emails to hard disk.
- Data Backup: The importance of data backup is beyond description. In order to save valuable data from any kind of data loss, data deletion, or data theft, users often want to back up their Outlook emails by saving in the hard disk.
- Data Sharing: Users who have the necessity of sharing bulk Outlook emails may just want to save in the HDD and then transfer to the recipient. For them, saving Outlook emails to hard drive with attachments is a good option.
- Data Transfer: Users who are switching to a new PC need to transfer their data from the old computer to the new one. These users have to save the emails from Outlook to hard drive for data migration.
How to Save Emails, Contacts from Outlook to Hard Drive Using Three Easy Techniques
If you are interested in backing up your Microsoft Outlook data, then you have multiple options. Either you can use automated and efficient tool or you can use Outlook Import Export Wizard to export the data. Apart from these, you can copy the Outlook data file directly from the location and then save it in internal or external hard disk. In this part, we will discuss all three methods in detail.
Using Secure Automated Solution
As we have mentioned earlier, the main purpose of saving Outlook contacts, emails, calendar to hard disk is to back up and data transfer. During some problematic situation, this saved Outlook data can be used in another system. When it comes to exporting OST file to hard drive, the problem arises. We all know that OST file does not function on any system apart from its native one. If users have OST file in their system and want to save them in their hard disk, the best way is to export data from OST File to PST using the cited tool. Follow these steps to save OST files in hard drive.
- Download and install the software.
- Add the OST file you have on your system.
- Select PST as your export file type.
- Select the destination location of the converted file. It can be any folder of your hard drive.
- Finally, click on Export button. Soon the OST file will get back up in the computer. You can visit the chosen destination to see if the files have been saved properly.
If the users have their Microsoft Outlook data stored in PST file
, then they can use SysTools PST to PDF Converter
to export their email messages in PDF format.
Export Outlook Emails to HDD Using Import and Export Wizard
This is another seamless method to backup Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 emails, contacts to computer. This method is mainly used for saving PST files. This technique is conducted using the Import Export Wizard of Outlook. Users can follow the below guideline to perform this method.
- Open MS Outlook and log in to it using your credentials.
- Click on File tab. Then select Open and Export >> Import / Export.
- This will make ‘Import and Export Wizard’ appear on your screen. Click on Export to a file option >> Next.
- Then select Outlook Data File (.pst) >> Next.
- If you want to save the file in external hard drive connect it to your system at this point.
- Click Browse and select the location where you wish to save that file. Add a name for the file and then click OK.
- You Outlook emails will be saved in the hard drive.
Manually Save Outlook Contacts to Hard Disk
In this method, users need to copy the Outlook data manually from its default location and then transfer it to any other internal or external location. Here is the detailed instruction of how to transfer Outlook data to new computer:
- First, we have to find out the location where Outlook saves its emails. For that, open Outlook and click on File >> Account Settings.
- Select the Data File tab to see the location of Outlook data file.
- Go to the exact location and copy the file to any internal or external storage.
Data backup and data transfer both have become significant in our modern life. Sometimes, users want to save Outlook emails to hard drive while changing their company or for backup purpose. In that case, if they do not know the method, the situation becomes quite critical for them. To save these Outlook users, the post shared three simple ways to backup emails, contacts, calendar from Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 to computer. Using any of these methods, users can easily export their Outlook data. Since the last two methods need technical knowledge of the user, choosing the first method for backup is the safe choice for the users.